The content of the article
- How to get rid of flies in an apartment
- Vodka vs. Flies
- Hazel lotion
- Essential oils
- Homemade poison for flies
- Fighting flies on the street
- Healthy plants
If you do not want to use industrial products against annoying flies in the form of crayons, powders, aerosols, granules, adhesive tapes – pay attention to simple and effective folk recipes. All compounds, traps, bait for pests are made from available funds. They are suitable for processing houses and repelling flies from a summer cottage..
How to get rid of flies in an apartment
Get rid of rubbish in time, regularly carry out wet cleaning, store perishable foods in the refrigerator, protect windows with a mosquito net with the onset of heat. If pests have already appeared, then use a vacuum cleaner: remove the nozzle with a brush, turn on the device at full power, point the hose at flying parasites, wait 3-5 minutes.
The following tips are effective against annoying insects:
- Take a dry tansy, pass through a coffee grinder. Lubricate the paper tapes with carpentry, casein glue, sprinkle with vegetable powder on top. Hang paper by the windows, near the doors. The smell of tansy will repel insects. Using this instruction, it is possible to make poisonous strips with a powder of lemon balm, mint, wormwood, tomato greens, lavender, lavrushka, bird cherry, elderberry, clove.
- To clean the floor, use a solution of 50 mg of kerosene, 3-5 liters of water. This folk remedy will scare away flying parasites for 2-3 hours. Keep in mind that after cleaning the house, the smell of kerosene persists for a long time.
- Make poison from 1 tbsp. water, 20 ml of liquid honey, 2 g of saccharin (a sugar substitute that is poisonous to flies). Saturate the newspaper with the solution, put it in the right places.
- Make sachets of herbs, flowers: use eucalyptus leaves, cloves, lavrushka, clover, lavender. Mix shredded fragrant plants, place in linen, cotton bags, place in the house.
Vodka vs. Flies
This remedy for flies in the house is one of the most affordable: flies do not tolerate the smell of alcohol. Use the poison like this:
- Close the doors, leave the windows open so that insects can fly away.
- Spray the product or pour it in a saucer, put on the table, window sill, wait 1-2 hours.
If hazel grows nearby, then use a simple recipe for preparing lotion. Folk remedy for flies in the room is done as follows:
- Prepare 100-120 g of hazel decoction.
- Take 100 g of apple and table vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients, add 40-50 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
- Pour the solution in a saucer, place where there are pests. The resulting product can wipe open areas of the body.
One of the effective folk methods is the use of essential oils. Aromas are suitable for repelling pests:
- an orange;
Add funds to scented lamps, water, which cleans the windows, floor and other parts of the house. In addition, it is recommended to lay out cotton wool balls soaked in oils. To deter pests, place spicy herbs on different surfaces: sprinkle plants on the dining table, window sills, near the bin.
Homemade poison for flies
An excellent folk remedy for flies at home can be prepared from vinegar, sugar, soda, black pepper and other components. Here are some popular recipes:
- Take 3 tbsp. l milk, sugar, soda, mix the components, add 0.5 tsp. formalin. Saturate the bread slices, sheets of paper, cardboard with the solution, place in the places of flies.
- Pour apple cider vinegar into a jar, cover with a lid with holes with a diameter of 5 mm. Put the bait near the window or door, insects will crawl into the container and die.
- Take it Art. milk, 40 g of black pepper, sugar, mix the ingredients. Soak a solution of paper or cardboard, place the poisoned sheets where there are flies. Only black pepper, a toxic product for insects, can be scattered around the house..
Fighting flies on the street
In some suburban areas, insects especially like to breed. To avoid this, consider a number of recommendations:
- Remember that parasites lay eggs, multiply at the locations of cesspools, compost heaps, so regularly disinfect these areas with a solution of bleach.
- Keep the cottage clean.
- Regularly mow the lawn.
- Clean heaps with foliage, grass.
- Do not create zones with stagnant water..
Along the perimeter of the site, plant shrubs, plants that repel pests: elderberry, tansy, bird cherry, basil, lavender, wormwood and others.
If insects have already wound up in the garden, then use proven methods to combat them. Learn some effective folk remedies:
- Take equal amounts of castor oil and rosin, mix, slightly warm, add 1 tsp for stickiness. jam or honey. Put the prepared product on paper strips, hang traps in places where pests accumulate.
- If after a feast there is a bottle or a can of unfinished beer, do not throw it away. The pests will fly into the hoppy smell, penetrate the container, will not be able to get out and die.
- Take 2-3 tbsp. l dry flax, add 0.5-1 l of milk, boil, cool, pour the poison into bowls, arrange the dishes in the right places.
Beautiful greenery and flowers will not only decorate the house, the personal plot, but also scare them away, and some will “catch” uninvited guests. Plant on the windowsill in the garden:
- sundew or venus flytrap – a predatory plant can serve as an excellent exotic home decoration, feeds on flies, pinching them in foliage and not letting go;
- eucalyptus – use fresh herbs, dry grass, essential oil: apply the product on paper and lay in the right places;
- elderberry – flowers, foliage of a plant are effective against insects;
- bird cherry – flowers scare away flies, but it is not recommended to place them at home, because headaches can begin, it is better to use shredded or crushed leaves that contain volatile insect repellents;
- tansy – contains toxic substances that repel flies, which have a paralyzing effect on them;
- geranium – a specific aroma is unpleasant for midges, flies, moths, the plant contains bactericidal substances, the smell perfectly cleans the air of the premises;
- tomatoes – for the house you can pick up miniature varieties, tomato leaves effectively destroy pests;
- fern – beautiful foliage will decorate any space, lay the branches of the plant around the perimeter of the room, periodically change them;
- basil – grows well in pots and outdoors, fresh herbs can be replaced with dry, essential oil;
- noble laurel – place leaves on tables, near a slop bucket, decorate pest accumulation places with a decoction: when using a plant, flies, midges disappear, mice, rats leave;
- lavender – dry grass, essential oil are effective, put pots with a plant in the kitchen, near the arbors;
- peppermint – the smell is unpleasant not only for flies, but also for ants, midges, mice, rats;
- wormwood – place bunches of grass at home, in the attic, growing a plant on the site, you will get double benefits: the presence of a repeller for flies, bloodsucking insects and a medicinal plant for gastritis, ulcers, insomnia, burns, bronchitis.