The content of the article
- Cast-iron pan
- For induction cookers
- Marble coated
- Stainless steel
- Non-stick pan
- Granite coated
- Titanium coated
- How to choose a good pan
- Lid for pans
- Which coating is the best
- How to determine the diameter of the pan
- The best frying pan
- For pancakes
- Pan price
Fry pancakes or scrambled eggs, sauté onions with carrots – all this can not be done without a frying pan. At the same time, it should not be anyhow, but with a good coating, a safe handle and the right size. How then to choose her? Below you will find not only recommendations on this matter, but also options which pans are the best.
Before choosing a specific pan, it is worth exploring the existing varieties. The category of universal includes cast iron. It produces not only excellent pancakes, but also cakes in the oven. A cast-iron frying pan is not afraid of acids, so you can safely add vinegar or lemon juice to dishes. In addition, this material is safe for health and even a little useful, because during the cooking process it fills food with iron. An excellent choice in terms of price and quality are Lodge pans, which are well reviewed..
The main advantage of any cast-iron utensils is a natural non-stick coating, formed by the absorption of oil material into the pores. The minuses include the following:
- the material is heavy and requires special care;
- cast iron skillet cannot be washed in the dishwasher;
- food in such dishes should not be stored for a long time, because the material rusts;
- modern detergents destroy the natural defenses of cast iron.
For induction cookers
If for a gas stove it is fashionable to choose any pan, then with an induction one it is not. Its glass-ceramic surface heats the dishes due to the electromagnetic field, while it itself remains cold. For this reason, the material of the dishes should conduct well electrical currents and include magnetic alloys. A pan for induction cookers may be as follows:
- Cast iron. This pan has a long service life, does not lend itself to rust, but it is fragile, because it can crack when dropped.
- Enameled. It is made on the basis of cast iron or alloys. It is characterized by resistance to oxidation and corrosion, but at the same time it is subjected to chips and cracks due to improper use.
- Aluminum. Differs in ease, high heat conductivity, low price. Minus its susceptibility to deformation due to low strength.
- From stainless steel. It does not oxidize, retains more beneficial substances in food. Cons – heats up for a long time due to the double bottom, can cause allergies due to nickel.
If you decide to choose a frying pan with a marble coating, then know that it consists of the same Teflon, into which marble chips were simply added. This material is characterized by lightness, uniform heating and a longer cooling process, which cannot be said about Teflon and ceramics. In addition, a marble pan is less susceptible to mechanical stress and temperature extremes. The disadvantages include the high price, as well as the lack of a cover in the kit.
Many professionals recommend choosing steel pans without any non-stick coating. They maximize the taste and even color of the products. Grilled dishes are also often made from stainless steel. It is not scratched by forks or knives, and washing will not harm it either. The disadvantages include the difficulty of cooking eggs and some other products – you need to constantly monitor so that the food does not stick. Stainless steel pans ranked first among the brands De Buyer, Fizzler, and Lagostina. They have a high price. Silampos manufacturer products are inexpensive.
The most requested is a non-stick pan. It has several different types. A non-stick pan is selected from the following options:
- Teflon – the first most popular coating of aluminum pans. Such dishes are lightweight, not picky to care for, but at the same time they have temperature limits – up to 200 degrees. An exception is Tefal. If you choose its pans, then they can be heated up to 260 degrees.
- Ceramic. Another type of non-stick coating, which is a composite polymer having sand in its composition. Such material is quietly heated to 450 degrees, without emitting harmful substances. Their main disadvantage is the “fear” of mechanical damage. You can choose from the brands TVS, Moneta, Fissler – there are a lot of good reviews about them.
- Titanium and diamond. The price of such coatings is the highest, but it is justified by reliability and other pluses – fast heating and wear resistance. The disadvantages are just the cost and the inability to use in induction cookers. Popular Firms – Swiss Diamond, Risoli, Woll.
A non-stick dish also includes a granite pan. Its other name is marble or stone. Along with titanium and diamond, it has a high price. This cost is justified by resistance to mechanical damage and a long service life. In addition, granite chips are completely environmentally friendly and safe for health. The disadvantage is the low resistance to temperature extremes.
A non-stick coating has a titanium pan. If it is real, it has a very high price. But such a quality skillet will last a very long time. Manufacturers indicate a period of almost 100 years. The downside is that sometimes in the composition there are various additives of cheaper raw materials. It can be nickel, which oxidizes and adversely affects food..
The easiest option is an aluminum pan. It is very light, but at the same time in cooking it brings more disappointments. Food quickly burns, sticks and becomes unusable. In addition, aluminum is afraid of overheating and scratches. It is difficult to choose such dishes. Its bottom should be thick, i.e. not less than 5 mm. This thickness is considered optimal for frying meat..
How to choose a good pan
The kitchen can not do without a frying pan. For this reason, sooner or later, any housewife has to deal with the problem of buying such dishes. How to choose a pan? Several nuances should be taken into account at once:
- what dishes will be used for cooking;
- cover and handles;
- optimal thickness and weight of the product;
- the material itself and the type of coating.
Lid for pans
A necessary attribute of any pan is the lid. It allows you to accumulate more heat, due to which the products cook faster. Under the lid, the products are more juicy. In addition, this consumes less electricity and gas. You can choose covers for pans, taking into account the following factors:
- Material. Metal quickly heat up. With glass, it’s easy to follow the cooking process..
- Adherence to the pan itself. This is important for creating a sealed environment. Metal rim covers fit well. Their diameter is also important, which should fit the pan. In stores you can find covers from 16 to 30 cm.
- Outlet hole. It will protect against thermal burns..
- A pen. It should be comfortable and not warm..
An equally important detail is the handle for the pan. The best option if it is cast. In this case, you can use the product will be convenient and not afraid that it will fall off. Ideally, the molded handle will also be additionally covered with plastic or wood or bakelite. So it does not heat up. If the pan is often used for baking in the oven, then a removable handle would be a good option, otherwise the dishes may not fit.
Which coating is the best
The choice of the specific coating of the pan depends on many factors. Ceramic is more pleasant to cook, because it glides more strongly. But Teflon retains non-stick properties longer. In a deep cast-iron pan, it is convenient to cook stews, and in a ceramic fry fish or meat. Flat teflon is suitable for everyone’s favorite pancakes, and the same, only in the form of a stewpan or roasting pan – for stew. For this reason, it is not possible to determine exactly which pan coating is better. It all depends on personal goals and preferences..
How to determine the diameter of the pan
One of the first requirements is a suitable pan diameter. For this indicator, values of 24 or 26 cm are more familiar. Such a diameter is considered optimal for most stewed or fried dishes. If you often cook cutlets for a large family, then you can take a pan 28 cm. It is more spacious. For a simple omelet or pancakes, a very small one, i.e. with a diameter of 24 cm.
The best frying pan
If you often use a frying pan for frying, then the best option would be cast iron. He warms the food evenly. On aluminum, food quickly burns out. Teflon skillet does not require the use of oil, so it is great for those who adhere to proper nutrition. For quick frying, ceramic is recommended. Which pan is better for frying? Fans of meat steaks should take a square one. For fish, an oval or round shape is good. The size depends on the number of family members on whom you will cook.
Where you can’t do without a frying pan is when frying pancakes. Dishes for their preparation must have a suitable size and shape. How to choose a pan for pancakes? Its bottom should be flat, without rifts and at least 5 mm thick, and the board should be about 1 cm high. The optimal size is 15-16 cm. Such pancakes are better to bake. If they are stuffed, then a diameter of 20 cm is best.
It’s difficult to buy a good frying pan, because you need to consider a lot of different factors. Not the last place among them is the price. It depends on the material of the product, shape, size, availability of cover and manufacturer. New pans can be ordered or immediately purchased in the online store. Directly on the site in the catalogs are presented all the characteristics of the products. You can also buy a frying pan in a simple crockery or hardware store. Sellers can offer you a wide range and help you choose a specific option. You can study the approximate price range in the table.
Cost, thousand rubles
Up to 5