The content of the article
- Crystal Cleaners
- Folk remedies
- Vinegar and baking soda
- Potato water
- Hydrogen peroxide
- a piece of chalk
- Salt baths
- Cleaning a thin-necked vase
- In the dishwasher
Over time, lime deposits form in the flower containers from evaporating water. To eliminate this problem, both special chemical cleaners and folk remedies are suitable.
In addition to special compositions for washing, you can use any liquids, gels, powders against limescale, for cleaning glasses, mirrors. Description of several effective tools:
Mode of application
Eurosvet 1010 for crystal cleaning
Spray, 500 ml
Spray generously onto a crystal object. Rinse after 5 minutes.
Cost-effective, easy to use, gentle crystal care.
Does not remove old dirt.
HG Chandelier Cleaner for fixtures, chandeliers
Spray, 500 ml
Spray the spray onto a crystal object. After a few minutes, rinse under running water..
Economical consumption (according to reviews), good composition.
Maytoni Diamant Crystal Crystal Cleaner
Spray, 500 ml
Spray on dirt. Rinse off after a few minutes. If contamination is not completely removed, repeat the procedure..
Well dissolves dirt, grease, old plaque.
To care for crystal, it is not necessary to use chemistry. How can I clean a crystal vase from old plaque:
- saline solutions of different concentrations;
- potatoes, blue, soda;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- citric acid;
- a mixture of rice flour with soda;
- Coca-Cola carbonated drink;
- a mixture of potassium permanganate with semolina, mustard.
Vinegar and baking soda
The method is perfect to clean old plaque. Step-by-step instruction:
- Put soda on a washcloth, rub it with a vase. Be sure to sprinkle a little inside.
- Pour the product with 9% vinegar.
- Sprinkle with soda again and rub with a washcloth effortlessly.
Very good remedy for persistent pollution. Mode of application:
- Boil some potatoes.
- Drain the liquid into a separate container. Let it cool.
- Dip a crystal vase in a potato broth.
- After a quarter of an hour, remove, rinse with cold water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
The method is suitable for eliminating neglected contaminants. Cleaning crystal at home is as follows:
- Fill a crystal vessel with warm boiled water.
- Add 2 tbsp. l hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Rinse the vase and wipe dry.
a piece of chalk
The method is designed to remove old plaque, will help restore shine. How to clean crystal objects:
- Soak the vessel briefly in soapy water and rinse unstable dirt.
- Mix in a shallow dish 2 tbsp. l powdered chalk, 2 tbsp. l water and 0.25 tsp blues.
- Apply the resulting composition to contaminated areas..
- Rinse the vase and wipe dry with a flannel cloth.
Step-by-step algorithm on how to clean crystal at home:
- Take 1 tbsp. l coarse salt and pour 0.5 l of water at room temperature.
- The resulting solution fill the vase. If it is dirty and outside, increase the proportions so that the liquid completely covers the vase.
- Shake well.
- Leave on for 10–20 minutes. With severe pollution – for an hour.
- Pour saline.
- Rinse the crystal vase, wipe dry with a lint-free cloth.
Cleaning a thin-necked vase
To clean a thin-necked vase from old plaque, there are different methods:
- Buy an effervescent denture care product from your pharmacy. Throw 1-2 tablets into the vessel, pour warm water. Leave it all night. In the morning, drain the contents of the vase and rinse it.
- Fill the jar with Coca-Cola. Leave for a few hours. Drain, rinse.
- Crush finely eggshell. Pour the powder into a vase with the addition of 2 tbsp. l soda. Add a little water and rub the inside with a brush to wash the bottles. Rinse, wipe dry.
In the dishwasher
You can clean crystal items in the dishwasher. A number of conditions must be met:
- In the dishwasher there should be a special regime in which there will be no temperature differences. If you use other programs, the crystal may become cloudy. Delicate mode is suitable, and if this is not, then select the shortest in time or just rinse.
- Optimum water temperature – 40 degrees.
- Use only special 3-in-1 dishwashing tablets, gels without alkalis and acids in the composition. Do not use detergents intended for manual washing..
- In the dishwasher, you can clean a crystal object with barium in its composition. If the item contains lead, it is better to wash it by hand. The composition of the crystal can be studied on the packaging if the item is not too old and the box is preserved.
- Do not put gold-plated items in the dishwasher..