The content of the article
- Rules for washing crystal
- Vinegar and soda to clean crystal
- Salt and vinegar
- Potato starch
- Blue, chalk and detergent
- Boiled potatoes
- Hydrogen peroxide and ammonia
- Rules for cleaning crystal vases
Previously, almost every house had crystal products – dishes, vases, chandeliers, and today they are still in fashion. Over time, their color changes, transparency is lost, but washing the crystal from yellowness is not easy. At home, I use folk remedies for cleaning, prepared from improvised components and not requiring extra material costs.
Rules for washing crystal
There are certain points that you need to pay attention to:
- Before starting the procedure, remove the rings from your fingers and put on rubber gloves. This will prevent scratches..
- The bottom of the container to be cleaned should be covered with a soft cloth. It will protect products from chips, cracks, scratches. It is important to use not a metal basin and place dishes in it not tightly to each other, but at a short distance.
- If you need to clean the glasses from yellowness, hold them by the bottom, not by the legs.
- Crystal glass cleaning at home should be carried out without effort, pressure and the use of abrasive substances. Soap solutions are also not suitable – they will leave a coating on the crystal. It is important to use foam sponges and water for this, with a temperature not exceeding 40 ° C. Hot liquid will cause yellowness, microcracks, loss of ringing and clouding of crystal.
- After cleaning, the crystal is not air-dried, but thoroughly wiped with a soft cotton, flannel, woolen cloth or lint-free cloth. Otherwise, stains will remain on the surface..
- To add shine to the cleaned items, wipe them with a cloth moistened with alcohol.
Vinegar and soda to clean crystal
Often yellowness appears at the bottom of crystal vases in which flowers stood for a long time or in salad bowls poorly washed from food. They clean it with the following means:
- Dissolve baking soda in 3 l of water (2 tsp), pour in acetic acid (30 ml). Shuffle.
- Soak the crystal products in the resulting solution for 1–2 hours, wash with a foam sponge. Rinse with clean liquid. Wipe dry.
Salt and vinegar
Crystal yellowness can be cleaned with a mixture of vinegar and sea salt. If it’s not there, the usual cookbook will do. The tool even copes with old pollution:
- Mix? cups of salt with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 liter of warm water.
- Pour into the bottom of the dishes, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe the dirt lightly without pressure.
- Rinse the product with room temperature water, wipe dry with a flannel or wool cloth.
Potato starch helps to clean crystal at home from yellowness, wine, food stains:
- Moisten the dishes with water, sprinkle the stained area with starch.
- Rub gently with a soft sponge.
- Rinse off starch residues, rinse product.
- Wipe dry.
Blue, chalk and detergent
It often happens that they managed to clear the crystal, but the dishes do not shine. The following remedy will help correct the situation:
- Mix chopped chalk (2 tbsp.), Blue (0.5 tsp.) And water (2 tbsp.).
- The resulting mixture should be thoroughly cleaned..
- Then, the cleaned products are thoroughly washed with running water, wiped with a flannel cloth.
Using the root crop, the operation is easy to perform:
- Take a slice of raw potato, wipe it with areas of crystal products where yellowness appeared.
- Rinse with blue with water. Wipe.
The same effect is exerted by potato broth:
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, place the dishes in the broth, leave for 20-30 minutes. You can wipe the crystal with a cotton swab dipped in broth.
- Rinse with clean water with 10 g of blue and 50 ml of vinegar. Wipe.
Hydrogen peroxide and ammonia
A mixture of ammonia with hydrogen peroxide will not only clean the crystal of yellowness, but will make the product shine and shine:
- Pour 5 liters of warm water (30–40 degrees) into the basin.
- Add 1 tbsp. l ammonia and 3 tbsp. l hydrogen peroxide. Stir.
- Dip the dishes in the solution, leave for half an hour.
- Then wipe with a foam sponge moistened with the same solution.
- Wipe dry.
Rules for cleaning crystal vases
Over time, a yellow-green bloom from flowers and hard water appears on the inner walls of crystal vases. The following tools help to clean it:
Mode of application
| || |
Pour rice at the bottom of the vase (it will clean the dirt) and then soda (it will eliminate the smell). Pour in the liquid, shake the components. Drain the mixture, rinse the cleaned vase, wipe. For a small vase, take 2 tbsp. l rice and 1 tbsp. l soda.
| || |
Tear the newspaper into pieces, put it on the bottom of the vase, and pour a mixture of soda with water on top. Shake the container, leave for half an hour, and then shake again. Rinse the vase, wipe with a dry cloth.
| || |
Grind the shell of eggs, put on the bottom of the vase. Sprinkle soda on top, pour in water. Shake the container well, then rinse, wipe.