The content of the article
- Cleaning with household chemicals
- How to wash burnt sugar without using chemicals
- Salt application
- Activated carbon
- Lemon acid
Cooking caramel, syrup, or jam on the dishes may leave black soot, which is very difficult to clean. There are different ways to launder both with the use of household chemicals, and without it. Knowing them, any housewife will easily put her kitchen utensils in order.
Cleaning with household chemicals
There are many products on the market for the care of dishes in the form of liquids, gels, powders, etc. It is worth noting that not all of them are effective against burnt sugar. Such means will help get rid of it:
- Fairy One of the most popular dishwashing liquids. Contains several types of surfactants and solvents, dyes and perfumes. The product must be applied to areas with soot and leave to soak for 20-40 minutes. (depending on the intensity of pollution). Then the dishes are washed with a sponge with a rough side. Fairy is a thick, economical and relatively inexpensive tool, but it is ineffective against strong or old soot. The cost of a bottle of 0.5 l – 60-100 rubles.
- Comet. A whole line of products is being produced under this brand, but powder will be the most effective from soot. One of the active substances in the composition is chlorinol. It penetrates the surfaces, which contributes to effective cleaning. “Comets” should be applied to the soot and rubbed intensively every 20 minutes, gradually adding new powder until all the impurities disappear. The tool helps well, but negatively affects the skin, so working with it is allowed only with gloves. Price – 30-70 p. over 470 g.
- “Shumanit.” The main active ingredient is caustic soda (alkali). Available in the form of a gel, spray, cream, concentrate. The product must be applied to the contamination with a uniform layer and wait a few minutes. When dark stains appear, “Shumanit” is washed off with warm water. The tool is universal, performs its functions well. “Shumanit” has a number of disadvantages: it is dangerous for the skin and mucous membranes, it can ruin aluminum and teflon products. The price of 270 ml of concentrated liquid is 130 p., A grease remover in the form of a spray (250 ml) is 370 p., Universal cream (350 ml) is 290 p..
- “Mr. Chister.” Spray with an organic solvent. It must be sprayed on the dirt from a distance of 15-25 cm, and after a few minutes wipe with a sponge. It copes well with the removal of fat and carbon deposits, but it smells unpleasant (according to reviews), unsafe for the skin, mucous membranes, and respiratory tract. Price – 100-130 p. for 500 ml.
How to wash burnt sugar without using chemicals
It is not necessary to buy funds to clean dishes from soot. You can use home methods. Those recipes work well, among the ingredients of which are acetic, citric or lactic acid. Cleaning the pan from the stick at home is carried out using such substances (or a combination of some of them):
- coffee grounds;
- Activated carbon;
- lemon acid;
- dry mustard;
- laundry soap;
- silicate glue.
The following method is suitable for dishes made of any material other than stainless steel. Salt will leave dark spots and stains. Very well, salt cleans enameled objects. How to clean the pan from burnt jam or sugar:
- Prepare a solution at the rate of 6 tbsp. l salt in 1 liter of water.
- Fill a pan of burnt sugar with liquid. Put on the stove.
- Boil for 40 minutes.
- Wash soot with a sponge.
The method described below is very effective for pots of different materials, especially for enameled ones. It is used with caution for aluminum and stainless steel products. Instruction:
- Pour half a glass of baking soda into the damaged dishes. Fill with water.
- Put on the stove.
- Boil until all the carbon deposits come loose from the walls and bottom.
With the help of tablets, you can wash the pan from any material, especially if the deposit has not had time to eat. Instruction:
- 10 tablets of activated carbon.
- Pour the soot with the resulting powder. Leave for half an hour.
- Pour in cold water. Leave for another half hour..
- Wipe the bottom with a dishwashing detergent sponge.
This substance is able to remove carbon deposits from any dishes. How to use it:
- Dilute toothpaste with water to a paste consistency.
- Apply to areas with burnt sugar. Leave overnight.
- Wash the pan in the morning with a soft sponge..
The method described below is ideal for an aluminum pan. Instruction:
- Prepare a solution at the rate of 1 tsp. citric acid in 1 liter of water.
- Pour the resulting mixture into damaged dishes to cover the burn.
- Put on the stove, boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the solution to cool for an hour..
- Remove the carbon deposits behind the bottom and walls with a sponge.