The content of the article
- How to wash kitchen towels at home
- From fat
- Very dirty kitchen towels
- How to remove stains
- How to wash kitchen towels
- What to soak before washing
- In the washing machine
- No boiling
- How to undo kitchen towels
- Waffle towels
- Terry towels
- How to whiten towels at home
- Using vegetable oil
- Hydrogen peroxide
A self-respecting hostess monitors the cleanliness of textiles in her kitchen. For this, both household chemicals and folk methods are used. A variety of methods, techniques for cleaning towels from stains will help you find your recipe for cleanliness for a particular fabric or level of contamination. Moreover, the components of folk recipes are in the arsenal of every woman who is engaged in housekeeping.
How to wash kitchen towels at home
You can wash kitchen towels at home using household chemicals. To do this, a simple dishwashing detergent is used – Fairy, AOS, which breaks down edible fats, giving textiles an impeccable appearance. Gel to eliminate sewage blockages, such as “Mole”, will be a good helper in getting rid of fat, unpleasant odor. Dishwasher tablets are used for washing in machine mode. Laundry soap can be used for hand washing, soaking. Washing powders are also effective for cleaning textiles..
Folk remedies are used to wash kitchen napkins more often than household chemicals. At the same time, everything that is at hand is taken – salt, vinegar, ammonia, soda, sunflower oil, even mustard. All this can be applied to any type of tissue and degree of contamination. Folk recipes are less harmful to health – for many household chemicals can cause an allergic reaction.
Washing of kitchen towels using chemicals is as follows:
- 50 ml dishwashing gel must be diluted with warm water. Then soak dirty textile with the resulting solution and leave for 30 minutes. Next, use machine wash with a temperature regime of 50-60 degrees.
- 250 ml of the Mole gel should be mixed with 5 liters of warm water and soak the textiles for 24 hours. Mix the contents of the container periodically. Then you need to rinse the towel and wash at a temperature of 60 degrees.
The arsenal of people’s councils consists of the following tools:
- The cloth must be wet, then grate greasy places with household soap. Put in a tight bag of cellophane, wrap. All this is sent to the microwave for 1-2 minutes. The procedure is repeated 2-3 times with a break of 1 minute.
- Vinegar will help get rid of fat, the smell of dampness. To do this, you need so much money so that it saturates the napkin. After 15 minutes, the textile is rinsed, then washed with the addition of fabric softener.
Very dirty kitchen towels
The combination of chemistry and improvised means will help to clean very dirty kitchen towels. Before processing, the textiles should be scrolled in the washing machine. Then, one of the means must be applied to the fabric:
- Powder and soda ash – mixed in equal parts, dissolved in water. Towels should be placed in the solution for a day. After the textile is machine washable.
- Soap, peroxide, ammonia – a bar of laundry soap should be grated, mixed with 6 tablets of hydrogen peroxide. Then add 5 drops of ammonia and pour 1 liter of hot water. Towels should lie in the water until it cools. Then they must be washed in any convenient way..
- Glycerin and ammonia – mixed 4: 1, applied to the fabric, after 30 minutes, washed in any way.
How to remove stains
To remove kitchen textiles from stains of any origin in the following ways:
- Salt – 5 liters of water 5 tbsp. spoons. Leave contaminated textiles in solution for an hour. Then wash in the usual way.
- Shampoo – apply on the stain, rub with a brush. After 10 minutes of soaking with hands.
- Citric acid – problem areas should be grated with lemon, leave for 15 minutes. Then wash in a machine with powder. You can combine acid with laundry soap;
- Potassium permanganate – will help get rid of the smell. In a weak solution (barely pink), it is necessary to place the textiles for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse with your hands. This method is good for colored products, but not suitable for snow-white..
How to wash kitchen towels
Towels can be washed with powders, bleaches, improvised means. Keeping kitchen textiles clean will help the basic cleaning steps:
- Soaking – necessary with all washing methods.
- Whitening – applied to white fabrics.
- Boiling – used in the absence of effect in the first 2 stages.
- Machine or hand wash – required to rinse the fabric.
- Drying in the fresh air – returns brightness to colored napkins.
- Ironing – protects tissue fibers from fat settling.
What to soak before washing
Wash napkins preceded by mandatory soaking. It can be carried out by the following means:
- 50 g of mustard powder must be dissolved in 0.5 boiling water. Dilute the resulting mixture with 5 l of hot water, place the product there overnight. Then rinse the textiles.
- Grind half the bar of laundry soap, dissolve 3 l of warm water. Towels with greasy stains are placed in the resulting solution for 5-6 hours. Next wash in a convenient way.
In the washing machine
When machine washable, some guidelines should be followed. These include:
- White wipes are loaded separately from colored.
- For best results, it’s best to use the prewash mode.
- When washing colored cotton and linen fabrics, it is better to add oxygen bleach without chlorine.
- White synthetic towels can be washed with the addition of baking soda to powder for light linen.
- The temperature regime for washing kitchen napkins should be at least 70 degrees.
- The use of an air conditioner is recommended. Essential oil will give a natural smell, citric acid.
Washing towels without boiling is used to remove not soiling. In this case, you can use household chemicals – stain removers, powders for white and colored linen, bleaches. Of the available tools, the following apply:
- Pine turpentine – 3 tbsp. liters per 3 liters of warm water. Dirty matter must be soaked for 8 hours. Then rinse well.
- Soda with essential oil – 5 tbsp. l should be dissolved in 2 liters of water and add 2-3 drops of aromatic oil. After 3 hours of soaking, the textiles must be washed with powder.
How to undo kitchen towels
Boiling dirty wipes is considered a radical measure and is used for heavily soiled textiles. You can boil kitchen towels at home if you apply:
- Silicate glue – 2 tbsp. l mix with a crushed piece of laundry soap and 5 liters of water. Textiles should be boiled for no more than 30 minutes, then rinsed thoroughly.
- Whiteness – suitable only for light fabrics. 2 caps of the product are added while boiling towels. It is important that the dishes for this process are enameled, without chips, cracks.
- Chloric lime – 100 g per 1 liter of water. Boil the solution, put napkins for 20 minutes. Rinse twice in the typewriter.
Napkins made of cotton (waffle) absorb dirt better, they are easier to wash. The original appearance of textiles will help return the following funds:
- Hydrogen peroxide – 30 ml must be applied to the tissue for 40 minutes or dissolved in water for 2-3 tbsp. spoons and soak napkins. Rinse with hands and wash..
- Acetic acid – textiles must be washed before processing. Then soak it with vinegar, leave for 20-30 minutes. After rinsing hands with the addition of citric acid or in the machine in double rinse.
Mahra is not recommended for use in the kitchen. But if you still need to clean the dirt on such a fabric, it is better to use folk tips:
- When washing or soaking, aggressive substances such as alkali and chlorine should be avoided. It is better to use household soap or shampoo to remove stains..
- Machine washing will be more effective if vinegar is used to soften water, and soda is used as a natural bleach. In this case, vinegar must be poured into the powder compartment, and soda can be poured directly into the drum.
How to whiten towels at home
Whitening kitchen towels is not a complicated process. To obtain the desired result, you need to know some recommendations and the main methods of whitening. The latter include:
- Adding chemical and natural whiteners while soaking.
- Auto and Hand Wash Whitening.
- The use of bleaching agents when boiling.
Giving wipes pristine whiteness requires compliance with certain conditions. These include the following tips:
- It is advisable to use the bleaching container not from plastic, because it absorbs most of the odors, and the container may become unusable after the first attempt to make towels snow-white.
- Cotton and linen napkins do not tolerate the use of chlorine – it quickly destroys the fibers of the fabric.
- Only light fabrics are subject to bleaching.
- Contact with aggressive substances requires the use of protective gloves..
Using vegetable oil
Sunflower oil softens old spots on napkins, which contributes to their quick cleaning. There are several options for whitening kitchen towels with vegetable oil. The most famous way:
- a bucket of 10 liters should be put on fire;
- when the water boils, add 20 ml of vegetable oil, the same amount of dry Boss bleach, 50 ml of powder and 30 g of soda;
- dirty cloth is placed in the resulting solution. leave to cool completely;
- further textile products must be rinsed and ironed.
There are other recipes. In them, vegetable oil is taken as the basis:
- 3 liters of boiling water is used per 10 liters. tablespoons of oil, soda, powder and vinegar. After 8 hours of soaking, the textiles are transferred to the machine, where they are washed at a temperature of 70 degrees with an additional rinse.
- Water (60 degrees) is mixed with 2 tbsp. tablespoons of oil, a spoonful of mustard and vinegar. Towels are immersed in the solution for 12 hours. Then they must be rinsed 4 times, alternating cold and hot water.
The use of hydroperite for whitening kitchen towels can not only improve their color, but also disinfect. The main method consists of the following items:
- Wipes must first be washed manually with laundry soap.
- In a basin with 5 liters of hot water you need to add 2 tbsp. tablespoons of peroxide 3%. You can drip a couple of drops of ammonia – this will enhance the effect of peroxide.
- Towels should be soaked for at least half an hour.
- At the end of the procedure, textiles must be rinsed at least 3 times.
Mustard powder whitening is considered the most gentle way to restore pristine whiteness to cotton fabrics. There are 2 ways to use:
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dry mustard should be poured with warm water until a thick slurry is formed. The resulting mixture rubbed dirty places on the fabric. After an hour, everything must be thoroughly rinsed and washed with powder.
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons of mustard are poured with 2 cups of boiling water. The mixture must be insisted for 1 hour, then strain and lower the textiles into the resulting solution for 2 hours. After the set time has elapsed, rinse well and wash at a temperature of 70 degrees using an air conditioner.