The content of the article
- What is a septic tank
- What is it needed for
- Types of septic tanks for a private house
- With tertiary treatment
- Septic tanks for home
- The price of installing a septic tank
- How to choose a septic tank for a private house
To save yourself from the need to inhale smells from cesspools, it makes sense to buy a septic tank for a private house, having previously studied its features and giving preference to a specific variety. The device will save the residents of the house from any troubles. With the constant residence of a large number of people in the territory of a private house, the sewage pit simply can not cope with the task and it will require an assistant, whom the septic tank can become.
What is a septic tank
Private houses or country cottages differ from ordinary apartments in that there is no central sewage system and the use of a special device will be required to remove household water. A septic tank is a sealed container in which liquid waste accumulates. The biological treatment function is available for some models, but they cannot be ranked as full treatment plants.
What is it needed for
The owners of country houses in the arrangement of the sewage system must ensure the treatment of wastewater, taking into account sanitary standards and soil characteristics. A reliable option will be a septic tank, also called a sump, whose function is the accumulation and purification of waste leaving the room. He passes impurities through himself, not allowing him to penetrate the soil. Before you make a septic tank in a private house, you should understand its structure and work.
During the construction of the cottage, special attention should be paid to the arrangement of autonomous sewage, since there is no central project. The device of a septic tank in a private house allows you to solve problems with the removal of household waste and its treatment. The work is carried out in three stages:
- Sewer drains leaving a private house are collected in sealed plastic containers at a local sewage treatment plant.
- Inside the septic tank, particles are divided into heavy and light. The former settle at the bottom of the well, while the latter enter the next compartment.
- Aerobic cleaning is not always possible, so often anaerobic. Sewage is filtered, and the resulting methane is discharged using the exhaust pipe..
Types of septic tanks for a private house
Local treatment facilities are divided into two large groups – old and new. The first group is represented by brick septic tanks and reinforced concrete structures. These types for private houses are used less often because of time, power and material costs. However, concrete structures are considered more durable. New ones include finished plastic septic tanks for the home, which have a few more subspecies. Of the undoubted advantages, one can single out cheapness, practicality of plastic, lightness of the product.
Manufacturers of septic tanks installed in private houses understand that it is impossible to do without a sewer system, therefore they offer a wide selection. The use of special tanks often becomes a solution to the problem. The storage septic tank is a container where household water flows through the pipes, pumped out as it is filled. Calculations of the volume of liquid must be done independently and, based on this, order a storage tank of the right size. This option has a number of features:
- No installation of drainage wells is required, which has a positive effect on the cost of the system.
- The tank itself for a private house will cost a lot, despite the simplicity of the device.
- The owner of the house can decide for himself where the septic tank will be installed. However, everything needs to be thought out so that the access of the cesspool machine is unobstructed..
- The cost of pumping waste will be expensive, so if your household water accumulates quickly, then a single-chamber septic tank is not your option!
It is impossible to secure a comfortable life for permanent residence in a private house without a sewer. Using special bacteria, the bio-septic tank solves the problem of wastewater treatment, giving a kind of guarantee of soil safety. The process looks like this:
- Sewage gets into the first chamber of a popular septic tank, undergoing primary treatment there. The separation of large particles and fats that settle on the bottom.
- Waste is sent to the second tank of a three-chamber septic tank, where cleaning continues more actively.
- The sediment enters the first chamber, and the treated effluent – in the third, where the final and main stage.
- Fully purified water flows through a secondary sump into a well.
With tertiary treatment
Waste that has passed through the septic tank cannot be considered completely clean water that can be discharged into a body of water or soil. Sometimes, soil treatment is indispensable. The design of a sewage treatment plant for a private house depends on various parameters: characteristics of wastewater and soil. Soil filtration is more expensive because you will need to install:
- absorbent trench;
- sand and gravel filter;
- filter well;
- filter fields.
Septic tanks for home
Of the available assortment, the choice is not easy to make. Initially, the eye falls on those devices that are cheap:
- Name: SPS Unipump Sanivort.
- Price: 11328 rubles.
- Characteristics: the device pumps out sewage, collecting them in the tank.
- Pros: low price.
- Cons: small capacity.
More serious septic tanks installed in private homes are many times more expensive. However, they are often worth it:
- Name: EcoProm Rostock.
- Price: 55 900 rubles.
- Characteristics: a design containing a biological filter for wastewater treatment.
- Pros: high degree of purification.
- Cons: large dimensions.
There are whole autonomous deep biological treatment plants. In a private house they will be appropriate:
- Title: Unilos Astra 3.
- Price: 66300 rubles.
- Characteristics: capacity for collecting and filtering sewage occurring in several stages.
- Pros: easy to use, perfectly copes with the tasks.
- Cons: no.
The price of installing a septic tank
Retail and online stores are full of sales, promotions and discounts. Before you install a septic tank for filtering waste in a private house, you must purchase it. It is not recommended to order delivery by mail, it is better to use the services of a transport company. It is possible to buy a septic tank for a house, depending on its variety, at a price from 12,000 to 70,000 rubles. However, buying is half the battle. Installation cost may vary:
from 22000 r.
from 25000 r.
Clay + sand
from 22000 r.
from 31000 r.
How to choose a septic tank for a private house
The market for appliances for organizing the sewage system of a private house is wide and offers devices for every taste. The regions are not far behind big cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg. However, it is necessary to approach the choice of materials responsibly so as not to have problems in the future. It is necessary to initially calculate the volume of waste and the place for installation of the structure. Which septic tank to choose for a private house will depend on the length of stay:
- If your goal is to move to a private house on an ongoing basis, then it is better to opt for bioseptics. This will provide better wastewater treatment..
- Those who come to a private house for the weekend or for the summer period can be limited to an accumulative septic tank. The design is simple, does not require electricity, but involves periodic emptying of tanks.