The content of the article
- What is the built-in Wi-Fi in the TV
- TVs with Wi-Fi
- How to choose a TV with internet and Wi-Fi
TV manufacturers do not cease to amaze customers, releasing more and more advanced and functional models. In the past few years, TVs with Internet access have begun to become widespread. By combining TV with the World Wide Web, users have gotten great opportunities related to watching interesting TV shows, movies, music videos, etc. Moreover, many TV devices are equipped with built-in Wi-Fi functions, which greatly simplified the connection of the TV to the Internet.
What is the built-in Wi-Fi in the TV
Previously, connecting a TV to the Internet was possible on many LCD models, but for this it was necessary to stretch the cable from the modem. This method of connection was not entirely convenient, especially since the tensioned wires did not add beauty to the interior of the room. As a result, appeared Smart TV with the ability to connect to Wi-Fi. The essence of the technology is that a special adapter and a mini-computer are built into the “smart” TV. That is, together with the TV tuner, the user receives a computer that can process streaming video from the Web and allows you to visit certain sites.
Modern models of such TVs provide the ability to make audio and video calls in popular instant messengers, subject to the availability of a microphone and a webcam. You can buy a TV with Internet and Wi-Fi in the online store of household appliances and electronics with mail delivery. Before ordering such a device, familiarize yourself with the types of Smart TV with wireless Internet:
- Model with integrated adapter. Connects to the network without any wires. Such a TV is able to catch the signal from the router on its own, you only need to enter the login with the password correctly.
- Device with an external wireless module. In this case, the TV cannot pick up the wireless signal on its own, so you need to connect an external adapter to it. This module is purchased separately and inserted into the USB port that the TV is equipped with..
TVs with Wi-Fi
On sale there are dozens of “smart” TVs with Internet access via Wi-Fi. They differ from each other by the type of screen, diagonal, viewing angle, type of interface installed by the operating system and other parameters. Some Wi-Fi LED TVs have wall mount options, which makes it easier to watch movies and TV shows. Well-known manufacturers offering to order Smart TV include:
Samsung Wi-Fi TV UE32M5500AUXRU is a high-tech product with Micro Dimming Pro local dimming technology. She divides the screen into fragments and analyzes the picture in each of them to improve the transfer of details. Thanks to the Purcolour function, the colors of the image become more natural. The perspective effect makes the image more voluminous. Due to the smooth and seamless texture of the slim body, this Smart TV model will perfectly complement the interior, regardless of where it is installed:
- name: Samsung UE32M5500AUXRU;
- price: 26999 r.;
- specifications: color – gray, type of LED backlight – Edge LED, diagonal – 32“, format – 16: 9, HD-Ready, anti-glare, TimeShifting, stereo sound, picture in picture (PIP), resolution (Full HD) – 1920×1080, the main interfaces – 3 HDMI, 2 USB, Wi-Fi, a slot for CI, a connector for DVB CAM, an optical audio output, speakers – 2, power – 20 W, dimensions – 48.77 x 73 x 20.75 cm, weight – 6.2 kg;
- pluses: excellent functionality, good color rendering, clear and loud sound;
- cons: the operating system slows down when navigating.
Samsung’s Ultra HD (4K) LED Internet TV – UE49MU6450U with Active Crystal Color technology, which brings images to life with a richer color palette. All details are transmitted with high definition:
- name: Samsung UE49MU6450U;
- price: 49999 r.;
- characteristics: color – gray, type of LED backlighting – Edge LED, diagonal – 49“, format – 16: 9, there is Time Shifting, TV broadcast recording (PVR), Freeze Frame, resolution (Ultra HD) – 3840×2160, main interfaces – 3 HDMI, 2 USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, speakers – 2, power – 20 W, dimensions – 63.87 × 109.94 × 5.48 cm (with stand 70.75 × 109.94 × 33.43 cm), weight – 14 kg (s stand 16 kg);
- pluses: you can record TV shows (PVR), support for mirroring (displaying a TV screen on a smartphone and vice versa), many image enhancement technologies, rich functionality;
- cons: heavy, expensive.
Samsung UE32J4710AK LCD TV is a relatively inexpensive purchase with Smart TV (Tizen) and Wi-Fi support. There is a picture-in-picture display mode:
- name: Samsung UE32J4710AK;
- price: 16400 r.;
- specifications: resolution (720p HD) – 1366×768, diagonal – 31.5“, LED backlight – Edge LED, operating system – Tizen, refresh rate – 50 Hz, progressive scan, surround sound, audio system – 2×5 W, audio decoders – Dolby Digital, DTS, interfaces – USB, Ethernet (RJ-45), Wi-Fi, color – white, dimensions – 74.5 x 44.2 x 6.9 cm (with stand 74.5 x 46.7 x 15 cm) – weight 3.91 kg (4 kg);
- Pros: good image quality, natural colors, lightweight, inexpensive;
- cons: low resolution, low power audio system.
If you are looking for a budget TV with Wi-Fi support, then the model with the Mystery MTV-2430LTA2 LED screen. The device is equipped with progressive scan, program guide, teletext, digital noise reduction and other equally important functions:
- name: Mystery MTV-2430LTA2;
- price: 8999 r.;
- specifications: color – black, LED backlight – Direct LED, diagonal – 24“, format – 16: 9, resolution (HD-Ready) – 1366×768, contrast – 1000: 1, horizontal and vertical viewing angles – 160 ° and 150 °, the main interfaces – 2 HDMI, 2 USB, Wi-Fi, speakers – 2, power – 6 W, dimensions – 33 x 55 x 6.5 cm (with stand 37.5 x 55 x 16 cm), weight – 2 , 7 kg (with stand 3 kg), internal memory – 8 GB, OS – Android;
- pluses: it is cheap, easy;
- Cons: small screen, weak Wi-Fi, low-power audio system.
Another option for a budget TV with Internet and Wi-Fi of the same brand is MTV-3231LTA2. This model has a wider screen:
- name: Mystery MTV-3231LTA2;
- price: 11999 r.;
- characteristics: color – black, technology – LED, diagonal – 24“, format – 16: 9, resolution (HD-Ready) – 1366×768, horizontal and vertical viewing angle – 160 ° and 150 °, contrast – 2000: 1, main interfaces – 2 HDMI, 2 USB, Wi-Fi, speakers – 2, power – 16 W, dimensions – 33 x 55 x 6.5 cm (with stand 37.5 x 55 x 16 cm), weight – 2.7 kg (with stand 3 kg), internal memory – 8 GB, OS – Android;
- pluses: reasonable cost, good picture;
- cons: slow wifi.
To watch various channels and movies online, the LG 43UJ655V Wi-Fi TV is great. This Smart TV model has True Color Accuracy image enhancement technology, Plug & Play, teletext, and many other features that make watching videos more comfortable:
- name: LG 43UJ655V;
- price: 38999 r.;
- characteristics: color – silver, weight – 10.5 kg, dimensions – 57.1×97.4×7.94 cm, diagonal – 43 ”, LED backlight – Direct LED, resolution (Ultra HD) – 3840×2160, anti-glare coating, progressive scan , Wi-Fi, 4 HDMI, 2 USB, Bluetooth, mount – VESA standard 300×300 mm, speakers – 2×10 W, operating system – webOS;
- pluses: excellent resolution, color rendition, functionality;
- Cons: high cost, not the best quality anti-reflective coating.
A great buy would be a curved-screen TV and LG’s Full HD. A feature is the ability to convert 2D to 3D:
- name: LG 55EG910V;
- price: 64999 r.;
- specifications: color – black, weight – 10.5 kg, dimensions with stand – 71.9×122.5×4.89 cm, diagonal – 55 ”, technology – OLED, resolution (Full HD) – 1920×1080, refresh rate – 100 Hz, there is Plug & Play, ULTRA / Tru Color, 3 HDMI, USB, Wi-Fi, operating system – webOS;
- pluses: support for 3D, in the kit there are 3D glasses, a clear and rich image, surround sound;
- cons: high cost, poorly displayed broadcast channels.
Sony’s Wi-Fi KDL-48WD653 LED TV with Sony has advanced image enhancement technologies such as X-Reality PRO, 24p True Cinema, etc. The device’s tuner supports several digital standards, and a 10-watt audio system provides surround sound. In addition to supporting Wi-Fi, there is an RCA audio input and output, a SCART interface and 2 HDMI:
- name: Sony KDL-48WD653;
- price: 42999 r.;
- characteristics: color – black, weight – 10.2 kg (with stand 10.7 kg), dimensions – 64.3 x 109.2 x 6.6 cm (with stand 68.3 x 109.2 x 23.5 cm), diagonal – 48 ”, LED backlighting – Direct LED, viewing angle horizontally and vertically – 178 °, resolution (Full HD) – 1920×1080, dynamics – 2, power – 10 W, operating system – Linux, memory – 4 GB;
- pluses: excellent functionality, image quality;
- cons: overpriced.
Sony KDL-32WD603 is characterized by high image quality when viewing any content. There is a technology that suppresses noise, which ensures clarity and sharpness of the image, increases the level of detail. Motionflow ™ XR technology delivers smooth, dynamic scenes. The screen of this model is framed by an elegant and barely noticeable frame. Streaming files over the Internet will help you forget about tangled wires:
- name: Sony KDL-32WD603;
- price: 42999 r.;
- characteristics: diagonal – 32 ”, technology – LED, resolution – 1366×768, viewing angle – 178 °, refresh rate – 200 Hz, audio system – 2×5 W, main interfaces – 2 HDMI, SCART, 2 USB, Wi-Fi, dimensions – 44.6 x 73.5 x 6.6 cm (with stand 48.1 x 73.5 x 17.4 cm), weight – 4.9 kg (5.2 kg), color – black;
- pluses: good functionality, bright, saturated colors;
- cons: sometimes it takes a long time to load programs.
Smart TV Philips 49PUS6412 / 12 with wireless Internet support is a device with a large amount of internal memory (16 GB), digital noise reduction and several technologies that enhance the image. The model is equipped with one tuner that supports many well-known digital standards and color systems. Volume adjustment is done automatically. There is technology that improves sound. As a mount, the VESA standard 200×200 mm is used:
- name: Philips 49PUS6412 / 12;
- price: 44999 r .;
- specifications: diagonal – 49“, LED backlight – Dicect LED, brightness – 350 cd / m2 ?, viewing angle – 178 °, resolution (Ultra HD) – 3840×2160, operating system – Android TV, memory capacity – 16 GB, audio system – 2×10 W, main interfaces – Wi-Fi, 4 HDMI, 2 USB, Ethernet (LAN), color – silver, weight – 12.7 kg, dimensions – 65.2 x 110.6 x 6.82 cm, (with stand 70.7 x 110.6 x 26.6 cm);
- pluses: a large amount of internal memory, functionality, good and high sound, the system works without delay;
- cons: not the most affordable cost.
The Philips 55PUS7100 is a powerful 3D TV with internet access. For comfortable viewing, digital noise reduction, picture enhancement technology, an off timer, Time Shifting and Ambilight backlight:
- name: Philips 55PUS7100;
- price: 43799 r.;
- specifications: color – black, diagonal – 55 ”, LED backlight – Edge LED, brightness – 400 cd / m2 ?, resolution (Ultra HD) – 3840×2160, audio system – 2×10 W, main interfaces – 4 HDMI, Wi-Fi, 3 USB, Ethernet (LAN), there are 4 pieces of 3D glasses, dimensions – 71.5 x 123.9 x 3.7 cm (with stand 77.8 x 128.5 x 27.3 cm), weight – 16.8 kg (17 kg);
- pluses: converts 2D to 3D, multifunctionality, clarity, image saturation;
- cons: high cost, heavy.
The Panasonic TX-49DSR500 Wireless LED TV is equipped with a personalized screen setting that contains links to your favorite content and applications. Each member of your family will be able to customize their own home screen. The model is equipped with intelligent dimming of the backlight, due to which the dark scenes are saturated black, and light frames – bright colors. Internet Apps will give you access to a wide range of applications and videos:
- Name: Panasonic TX-49DSR500;
- price: 35999 r.;
- specifications: color – black, diagonal – 49“, technology – LED, resolution (Full HD) –1920×1080, viewing angle – 176 °, tuners – 2, speakers – 2×10 W, dimensions – 64.4 x 110.6 x 8 cm (with stand 69.3 x 110.6 x 23.5 cm), weight – 13.5 kg (15.5 kg);
- pluses: picture with natural colors, good sound, functionality;
- cons: artificial lighting is strongly reflected on the TV.
Another popular Panasonic LED TV with internet is the TX-40CSR520. The device is equipped with two tuners:
- name: Panasonic TX-40CSR520;
- price: 21599 r.;
- specifications: color – black, diagonal – 40 ”, backlight type – Edge LED, resolution (Full HD) – 1920×1080, viewing angle – 176 °, audio system – 2×10 W, main interfaces – Wi-Fi, SCART, 2 HDMI, USB , Ethernet (LAN), dimensions – 51.8 x 90.4 x 4.7 cm (with stand – 55.6 x 90.4 x 32 cm), weight – 10.5 kg (12.5 kg);
- pluses: reasonable cost, good sound, functionality;
- cons: at high volume a slight rattle is heard.
How to choose a TV with internet and Wi-Fi
The range of smart TVs with wireless Internet support is huge today. In order not to make a mistake with the purchase, consider the main selection criteria:
- First, make sure that the selected model is connected to Wi-Fi. At the same time, check if the device has a built-in module or you have to buy an external adapter separately.
- Screen diagonal. Modern TVs have a diagonal of 14 to 105 inches. The greatest demand is in the range 32–55 ’’. In order not to make a mistake with the choice, consider the distance to the viewing area – the device is usually installed at a distance of 3 diagonals. Also take into account the area of the room (for the kitchen it makes no sense to buy a model with a large screen) and the purpose.
- Type of backlight. One common option is Edge LED, which provides a good viewing angle, but dimming (local) colors is difficult. Direct LED has no problems with this – such a backlight covers more color shades and provides better dynamic contrast. Expensive models are equipped with QLED and OLED, which are the most modern.
- Resolution. New models of recent years have an indicator of 1920 × 1080 and 3840 × 2160 pixels. The higher the resolution, the clearer the picture. If you are going to watch only analog TV, then it makes no sense to choose a device with FHD (1920×1080).
- Sound quality. The sound of the built-in speaker should be as clean as possible and as voluminous as possible for a comfortable movie viewing.
- Response time, refresh rate. The first parameter means the time it takes for the crystal to change position in one pixel. This determines how quickly the picture will change in a dynamic scene. The refresh rate should be as high as possible. Inexpensive models have no more than 100 Hz, the middle price category – 200-400 Hz, the most expensive – up to 1000 Hz.
- Interfaces Headphone, webcam, tuner, etc. jacks. A modern television receiver should have HDMI, USB, PAL, SCART, and some other connectors depending on the intended use of the device.