The content of the article
- Who is the macaw parrot?
- What does it look like
- Where dwells
- Ara parrot photo
- Ara parrot at home
- Buy Ara Parrot
- The price of a macaw parrot
Not only cats or dogs are considered the most popular pets. Many people prefer to make a talking feathered friend. Some people like small birds, while others, seeing in the photo of the majestic Ara parrot red or hyacinth color, dream of having such a pet. What is the nature of this bird? How to properly care for her? What to feed and what is the price of a parrot in the bird market?
Who is the macaw parrot?
A majestically beautiful bird of large size, with a powerful beak and wide wings – this is how you can verbally describe a parrot. From a scientific point of view, Ara (Ara ararauna) belongs to the family of Parrots (Psittacidae), a subfamily of real parrots (Psittacinae) and is considered a prominent representative of the bird elite. These birds are appreciated not only for their colorful plumage, but also for their high intelligence and long life. Ara can live up to 90 years in a natural habitat.
What does it look like
The distinctive features of Ara from other parrot species are massive wings, bright plumage, great weight and a strong beak. The color of this bird will depend on its subspecies, and there are about 15 of them, the most popular of which are:
- Chestnut-browed with a characteristic yellow or iris. The frontal lobe of such a bird Ara severu is covered with black plumage, but its cheeks are whitish.
- Trachemys Ara macao with yellow beak and dark speck of feathers at the base.
- Green-winged birds with a large head and large beak are called Soldier Aru or Ara militaris, Ara ambiguu, Ara atwoodi. Feathers of pink color are located above the beak of the bird, the beak itself is black, and the cheeks are bare – white. The main color of the feathers is yellow-green, but it is possible to meet birds with red, white, black accents.
- Blue-throated or blue-yellow Ara Ara glaucogularis lives mainly in Bolivia. Its color completely coincides with the name – wings of a bright blue hue, and the breast is pale yellow.
- Mountain, hyacinth or blue Macaw Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus has all the plumage of cobalt blue color and only around the eyes of the bird can you see golden yellow circles.
- The green-winged Ara rubrogenys is considered an endangered species and is extremely rare on sale, and its price is unusually high. His fellow Ara chloropterus, by contrast, is very common. The plumage of the body of parrots is dark red, the fly wings, the lower back and the ends of the feathers have a bluish tint.
- Other bird species that became extinct today were also known. The color of these birds can only be seen in the photo or read in the manuscripts of famous researchers. These parrots include: Jamaican Ara gosse and Ara erythrocephala, Yellow-green Dominican Ara atwoodi, Virgin Ara autocthones, Guadeloupe Ara guadeloupensis, Martinique Ara martinica, Cuban Ara tricoloror.
Although the color of the feathers may vary for each bird species, the size of the birds always remains approximately equal. Like all chicks, the Ara parrot is born of very small stature from 5 to 8 centimeters in length and seemingly unsightly. Adults reach the size of 51 centimeters, for example, a brown-chested or hyacinth parrot. The green-winged Ara is considered the most massive – its body reaches 100 centimeters in length, and weighs feathery up to 2 kilograms.
The habitat of these beautiful birds is hot tropical countries, Central or South America and areas located near the Amazon. In the wild nature of Panama or Colombia, you can find from 3 to 5 species of birds, and in Bolivia 8 species of Ara parrots live at once. The most common are red parrots. These birds live in Mexico, near the Amazon River, Argentina, America..
Ara parrot photo
Ara parrot at home
These are not just unusually beautiful birds, but also smart animals that readily make contact with humans. Overseas parrots, like Jaco, can learn dozens of words and pronounce them clearly. They are able to ask the owner to give a drink, eat, express their sympathy or greet the person who entered. Often, just for these reasons, they try to buy Aru in the house.
In order for a foreign friend to feel good and comfortable at home, he needs to provide a huge area of free space. It is desirable that this was a spacious aviary. If there is no place in the house, it is quite possible to keep the bird in a cage, but with the condition of frequent walks. For medium-sized breeds, a cage measuring 70 * 100 * 130 cm is suitable. It is necessary to place several feeders, a drinking bowl, perches and toys in it. The bottom of the cell, as a rule, is covered with small sawdust, peat or moss..
To make the red-blue parrot always feel comfortable, the cage needs to be cleaned regularly: remove seeds from the bottom of the skin, change sawdust. Watering troughs and feeders need to be washed daily with detergent to avoid accumulation of sediment, dust or bacteria. As toys, ladders or poles become contaminated, you need to clean these interior items in the pet house.
If the bird lives in a large aviary, then you can clean it once a month, but at the same time once every six months carry out a thorough disinfection of the bird’s dwelling. Flooring from sawdust in the aviary needs to be cleaned once a week, and replaced with new and fresh components as necessary. The rest of the care for the pet is no different from the contents of the usual budgerigar.
Ara bird loves a varied diet. A young individual should be fed three times a day, but a two-time diet is suitable for adult birds. The total serving weight should not exceed 70 grams. Of the products to give preference is:
- fresh fruits – bananas, apples, pears, citrus fruits;
- vegetable crops – young corn, carrots, cucumbers, beets;
- greens – spinach, lettuce, comfrey;
- berries – raspberries, strawberries, rose hips, blackberries, strawberries;
- nuts – walnuts, peanuts, almonds;
- grain products – wheat, oats, sunflower or safflower seeds, millet, canary seeds;
- mineral additives – flour, small pebbles or limestone.
Buy Ara Parrot
Parrots can live at home for more than a dozen years. Blue, hyacinth and red parrots live the longest in captivity. Choosing this or that type of Macaw, you should expect that it will become your new member of the family. You can buy a bird in any nursery for birds, select by announcement from the breeders or order through the online store, for example, on Avito.
How much Ara costs will depend on where you make the purchase. Birds are cheap at the breeders, expensive in stores. When buying, pay attention to the color of the bird. It should be smooth, without shades uncharacteristic for this type. The feathers of a healthy pet are smooth, shiny and smooth. No less important is the mood of the bird. If the pet is sluggish, reluctant to make contact, it is probably sick or seriously injured during transportation.
The price of a macaw parrot
In addition, the cost of the Ara parrot may depend on the breed of the bird, its age, type of staining, or the characteristics of a particular species. Since this breed of parrots loves society, it is better to buy a couple of birds at once, but this pleasure will not be available to everyone. The average price of Ara birds in Russia is 50-100 thousand rubles, rare species are even priced in dollars. In the nurseries of Moscow and St. Petersburg, the cost of the feathered is as follows:
Type of bird
The price of a macaw parrot in rubles
from 150 t.
from 100 t.
from 130 t.
from 500 t.
from 80 t.
under the order of 200 tons.