The content of the article
- What kind of dishes can I use in the microwave?
- Do I need a cover
- Forms and utensils for microwave
- Pasabahce borcam casseroles with cover
- Bekker BK-8800
- Mason Cash Classic Kitchen
- Magic meal
- Polymer Life
- Berossi IR 056 double boiler
Among the inexpensive, but multifunctional kitchen appliances, a microwave or microwave is leading. She warms, stews, fries, cooks, bakes and does it quickly. To use this technique, you need to buy special dishes. It should not have drawings and be metal, and among other materials, the capacity is chosen, taking into account its tasks.
What kind of dishes can I use in the microwave?
- Glass. The classic option for utensils in the microwave. It is important that the glass is thick, tempered – thin will crack after 1-2 applications.
- Ceramics (glaze only). Suitable for baking, grilling, frying without oil.
- Faience, china. Withstand any temperature in the microwave, but make sure that there are no gilding, drawings.
- Paper. This is a disposable cup or plate for a microwave oven in which the product is heated, and then discarded. Fully cook in paper utensils will not work.
- Glass ceramic. Durable material, which is resistant to heat, beauty. Less only in high cost.
- Plastic. Suitable for heating food, but not for cooking. This material emits a lot of hazardous substances under strong, prolonged heating..
- Silicone. From it make containers for baking. He is not afraid of high temperatures, it is easy to wash, but poorly kept in shape.
- Cling film. She can cover the cup, but it should be marked “suitable for microwave”.
Do I need a cover
It is not necessary to buy a complete set – you can take separately different plates and bowls, and take a plastic dome to them. It has openings for steam output, so it is ideal for use in microwave. It is recommended to warm any food with it, especially uncut vegetables or meat: if these products “explode” from high temperature, it will not let the pieces fly into the chamber.
A microwave lid tightly attached to the container is required when you are stewing or cooking a dish, and it is important that the air circulates inside the dishes and the liquid does not evaporate. Only these should be special covers that come with glass, clay pots. Plastic should not fit snugly.
To understand whether the microwave capacitance is suitable or not, study the icons on the dishes:
- Microwave safe. This means that heating, full cooking are allowed.
- Not recommended microwave or crossed out microwave symbol. Do not microwave dishes.
- PP and triangle with arrows, numbers 05. This is a designation for polypropylene, which is suitable only for heating. Cooking in this dish is unacceptable.
- Triangle, numbers 06 and letters PS. Designation of polystyrene – a material that cannot be heated. A container with this label is only suitable for cold food..
Forms and utensils for microwave
Before buying, determine for what purpose you will use the container, how often. For cooking, oval and round shapes are suitable, for heating – any plates. Baking (especially muffins) requires high sides (more than 7 cm), and cereals will not run away if the dishes expand on top. An important point: any cup should stand without swinging, have smooth edges – this is the key to uniform heating.
Under this brand, they produce a lot of inexpensive glassware suitable for both microwave and oven. It can withstand any temperature, can be heated after the refrigerator with food immediately in the device. The container is easy to wash, does not scratch, and can withstand impacts from a small height. Weight for all bowls within 1–1.3 kg.
The line has glass round and rectangular shapes, but an oval pan with a lid and side handles is more popular with consumers. Its volume is 2.3 liters, the height when closed does not exceed 9 cm. The dishes are suitable for baking, as well as for stewing or heating. The lid is used separately as a plate..
- strong material;
- optimal volume;
- acceptable price.
- lack of a top handle on the lid;
- difficulty finding offline (easier to order through the online store).
Pasabahce borcam casseroles with cover
Classic round dish for microwave, which has great functionality. It is used as a pan for stewing or cooking, and the lid separately – as a plate for heating food. The dishes are made of thick heat-resistant glass (can withstand up to 300 °), suitable not only for microwave, but also for the oven. The volume of the pan is 1.45 L, the diameter of the bottom is 21 cm: this is enough for a small family of 2-3 people.
- long cooling of food on the table;
- easy cleansing;
- Can be washed in the dishwasher;
- shock and scratch resistant.
- weight (almost 1 kg).
This manufacturer offers a good selection of pots, microwave containers made of silicone. The material is denser than in cupcake molds, so it does not creep under the pressure of the liquid inside. It withstands heating up to 230 °, suitable for oven, microwave.
The diameter of the most popular pot (article 7492) is 19 cm, height – 9.5 cm. The kit comes with a lid with a convenient round handle that does not overheat. Lateral at the very bowl too. The lineup contains smaller models (with a diameter of up to 14 cm), different shapes: heart, oval, rectangle.
- lack of smell;
- reasonable prices;
- little weight;
- small capacity (up to 0.8 l).
Cookware for microwave and oven made of thick heat-resistant glass. The rectangular shape holds 1.5 liters, great for making casseroles, muffins, pies. The height of the walls is only 5 cm, and the length does not exceed 26, so it goes into almost any microwave oven. Warming up is slow but even. According to reviews, the shape is very strong, it is not damaged from small mechanical impact (scratches, chips rarely appear).
- resistance to very high temperatures;
- size for any dishes;
- good materials.
- small pens (uncomfortable to take).
Mason Cash Classic Kitchen
The ceramic baking dish, which can be used as utensils for a microwave oven, has a universal diameter of 18 cm. It can both cook food (casseroles, muffins) and heat it up: you get a serving for 1 person. The height of the walls is 7.2 cm, so the dishes are included even in small microwaves. Women in reviews highly value the quality of ceramics and its coating, which does not change even with frequent use.
- slow, uniform warming up;
- Can be washed in the dishwasher;
- thick walls (ideal for languishing food).
- big weight (502 g).
This microwave cookware is designed to steam food, not to heat foods or dishes. The set consists of a large pot, 2 baskets of different depths with small holes. They are inserted into each other, like containers of a double boiler, so you can immediately make 2 dishes. Cover also included.
The case is made of heat-resistant plastic, but, according to user reviews, not too durable. Dishes should be handled with care. The materials are not of the highest quality, but the unpleasant odor goes away after the first wash. Total weight of the whole set – 790 g.
- interesting design;
- inexpensive cost (for a set);
- large capacity;
- easy to wash.
- very high (18 cm), not for all microwaves.
The manufacturer has a lot of good inexpensive utensils for microwave: as individual lids (caps), and full-fledged “pots”. Everything is made of transparent plastic, which is easy to wash, but it quickly scratches, becomes unpresentable. Buyers note a good fit of the lid to the container – you can take food with you to warm up and not be afraid that everything will crumble or spill in the bag.
The line has rectangular, round containers, triple for fried eggs, a design for steaming. The most popular dishes are 1.2 and 2.1 liter pots with a lid that has a convenient handle in the center and protrusions on the sides. In the microwave, products heat up slower than food, so they do not burn the skin.
- strong materials;
- availability on sale;
Berossi IR 056 double boiler
Good dishes for those who want it to be cheap, high quality. The product is suitable for microwaves with a chamber volume of more than 17 l, is compact (height – 12.6 cm), light. In terms of functionality, it is not inferior to a classic electric double boiler.
The set consists of a lower bowl, a shallow basket with holes, and a lid. The latter is often used separately to cover food on other containers. It is easy to assemble a double boiler, wash quickly (it is allowed to put in a dishwasher), there is no unpleasant smell from plastic. The volume of the main bowl is 2.5 liters – this is enough to prepare a dish for a family of 3 people.
- strong plastic;
- simple use;
- low cost;
- availability of a recipe book included.