The content of the article
Peculiar lanterns from twinkling water will help diversify any party. You can make a luminous liquid on your own at home. There are several ways, for some you only need tools, for others you need more complex components.
Luminous liquid made from simple ingredients
A very simple and affordable, but effective way.
It is imperative to conduct an experiment in a protective mask, gloves, a dressing gown or an apron. Use the dishes that you can immediately throw away after the experiment.
For implementation you will need:
- water – 0.5 l;
- hydrogen peroxide 3% – 4 tsp;
- vinegar – 4 tbsp. l .;
- salt – 2 tbsp. l.
When working, avoid contact of components or prepared liquid on the skin, mucous membranes. How to make luminous water at home:
- In a glass container, connect all the components. Pour in water first, then pour in salt, add vinegar and peroxide.
- Stir the liquid for 20 minutes. She will begin to radiate a slight glow.
- Pour the composition into a plastic container and tightly close. It will glow up to two hours, will acquire a greenish tint. You can change the color by adding food coloring.
Variant with soda
This method is simple, but the reviews are mixed. You will need these components:
- sparkling water – 0.25 l;
- hydrogen peroxide – 1.5 tsp;
- salt – 0.5 tsp;
- table vinegar – 2 tsp.
When conducting an experiment at home, use disposable tableware, which is then not a pity to throw away. Wear a protective mask, gloves and a robe made of non-synthetic fabric. Avoid contact with skin. How to make a luminous liquid with your own hands:
- Pour salt into the soda.
- Add vinegar, then hydrogen peroxide.
- Close the bottle tightly and shake for a quarter of an hour.
- Pour the liquid into a glass and take it to a dark place. Luminous water will radiate.
Method with phosphor
This method is more complicated than the previous ones, but with its help you can get a brighter and more saturated radiant liquid. You need to work very carefully, in a protective gown, mask and gloves. For the experiment you will need:
- boric acid – 2-3 g;
- coniferous concentrate – 1 g;
- water – 50 ml.
For work, you will need an aluminum spoon, a metal container and dry fuel. These items after the experiment can not be used for food. Step-by-step instruction of experience:
- Dissolve 1 gram of coniferous concentrate in 50 ml of water..
- Pour boric acid into a spoon.
- Add 1 drop of coniferous solution.
- When the mass resembles gruel, smooth it on the surface of the spoon and start heating on dry fuel.
- After evaporation of the water, the mixture will melt. Poke the emerging bubbles.
- Cool the mixture and grind.
Following the instructions above, you will receive a phosphor. This powder can be bought, the price depends on the shade. Based on it, you can make a flickering liquid, which is suitable for painting surfaces, can be used for interior design. Step-by-step manufacturing instructions:
- In a colorless interior lacquer (sold in construction stores), add the phosphor powder in a proportion of 70:30.
- Add a little solvent (not more than 1% of the total mass).
- Shake well.
- You got a transparent glowing varnish. If you want to give some shade, use tinting.