The content of the article
- High blood pressure during pregnancy
- Early Pregnancy Pressure
- High pressure during late pregnancy
- Why does blood pressure rise during pregnancy?
- Signs of high blood pressure during pregnancy
- The danger of high blood pressure during pregnancy
- How to lower blood pressure during pregnancy
- Pregnancy Pressure Pills
- Folk remedies for high blood pressure during pregnancy
- How to reduce the pressure of a pregnant woman at home
One of the most frequent symptoms of the development of various pathologies in the process of expecting a child is high blood pressure. Since the body of the expectant mother is very vulnerable during this period, gynecologists carefully monitor blood pressure during regular examinations.
High blood pressure during pregnancy
As a rule, any woman knows her own indicators of normal blood pressure (BP). For some, it is slightly below the generally accepted norm, while for others it is slightly higher. It is not for nothing that women who are going to become mothers are measured in the clinic to measure blood pressure, because these indicators determine the health status of the pregnant woman and the fetus. Medical standards for blood pressure during pregnancy – 100/60 -140/90. But in the process of expecting a child, these indicators can vary up to 15%.
Hypertension during pregnancy is extremely undesirable, since the load on the heart increases, the release of blood increases, and blood vessels narrow. In this condition, embryo growth slows down due to a lack of oxygen. Excessively high pressure in pregnant women sometimes becomes the cause of placental insufficiency, early detachment of the placenta. This can cause fetal death or spontaneous miscarriage..
Early Pregnancy Pressure
Both a decrease and an increase in blood pressure are dangerous in early pregnancy. The numbers on the tonometer, alarming for the future mother, are from 140/90, especially if they are observed regularly. High blood pressure during early pregnancy indicates gestational or chronic hypertension:
- Gestational hypertension. Increased blood pressure causes pregnancy. Pathology in the early stages leads to a narrowing of blood vessels, which reduces the intake of essential nutrients by the fetus.
- Chronic hypertension Deviations are caused by pathological processes that develop in the body of a woman. The most common causes of complications are endocrine disorders or kidney disease..
High pressure during late pregnancy
When there is a constant increase in pressure during pregnancy, then the woman has a high risk of developing gestosis. A dangerous disease can develop at any time, but more often begins in the third trimester. Gestosis leads to disruption of the blood flow, vascular system and important organs. Pregnant women with chronic stress, infections or intoxications are at risk.
Increased pressure during pregnancy in the later stages can develop against the background of heredity. If relatives on the female side suffered from hypertension, then a pregnant woman has a high probability of encountering this pathology. What to do if in the late term it is not possible to lower the pressure independently? It is imperative to contact your doctor, who will direct you to the examination for observation in a hospital.
Why does blood pressure rise during pregnancy?
Starting from the second trimester, the pregnant woman’s blood volume increases, but the bloodstream remains the same. Due to this condition, there are signs of increased blood pressure: tinnitus, headache, heaviness in the lower extremities. Other causes of high blood pressure during pregnancy:
- genetic predisposition;
- alcohol, smoking while waiting for the baby;
- regular overstrain, constant stress;
- impaired functioning of the adrenal glands and / or thyroid gland;
- physical inactivity;
- unbalanced nutrition.
Signs of high blood pressure during pregnancy
An accurate and quick way to find out your blood pressure is to measure with a tonometer, an electronic device that every pregnant woman needs to have. If there is no such device in a home medicine cabinet, then you can find out about the presence of hypertension if you listen to your condition. The main symptoms of high blood pressure during pregnancy:
- the appearance on the chest, face of red spots or general redness;
- the appearance of “flies” before the eyes;
- vomiting, nausea;
- stomach ache;
- increased weakness;
- feeling unwell.
The danger of high blood pressure during pregnancy
In most cases, future mothers begin to suffer from edema, and this is very difficult to live. The consequences of high blood pressure during pregnancy are arrhythmia, general weakness, and visual impairment. This problem does not require urgent visits to the doctor, because it can lead to placental abruption, which is dangerous for the baby. Among other things, high blood pressure may indicate eclampsia, which is characterized by maternal rejection of the fetus. Complicated by the presence of protein in the urine or severe weight gain..
How to lower blood pressure during pregnancy
There are several ways to normalize blood pressure during pregnancy. The most common is taking pills. However, pregnant women cannot do this on their own, since dangerous conditions can be provoked. The second method is traditional medicine, but this option should also be accompanied by observation by a specialist. If the woman’s pressure does not go up to exorbitant heights, then you can reduce it by daily walks, lack of stress and a review of the diet. It should be excluded from the menu sweet, salty, spicy and fried.
Pregnancy Pressure Pills
The medical treatment of hypertension is prescribed by a doctor. Before prescribing the pills, the pregnant woman is sent for laboratory tests, where you need to pass advanced urine and blood tests. You may need to additionally undergo an electrocardiogram and do an ultrasound of the heart. After this information, the gynecologist will prescribe drugs for pressure during pregnancy. If blood pressure is slightly inflated, then Papazol tablets are prescribed. You can quickly lower the pressure with drugs such as Egilok, Dopegit. If the hypertension is severe, then a 10-day course of Nifedipine is prescribed.
Folk remedies for high blood pressure during pregnancy
When using natural medicines before childbirth, a woman must always listen to the reactions of the body. The smallest discomfort in the form of nausea or gastrointestinal upset requires immediate withdrawal of treatment. To relieve pressure, fruit and berry juices and drinks made on their basis are used. Gently remove hypertension such juices:
- carrot and apple;
Other folk remedies for hypertension in pregnant women:
- Rosehip broth. Pour a handful of berries with boiling water (0.5 l), then cook for 10 minutes. The drink should be cooled, then drink three times a day until the result.
- Dill seeds. Rub 2 tbsp. l seeds, then pour boiling water (0.5 l) in a thermos. After an hour, the drink should be filtered and taken before meals 3-5 times / day.
- Pumpkin with honey. Cut the pumpkin (200 g) into slices. Simmer until cooked. Add 2 tbsp. l honey, drink in equal portions throughout the day.
How to reduce the pressure of a pregnant woman at home
Some foods help lower blood pressure. These include: low-fat dairy products, vegetable oils, seafood, cereals, fish, bran. In order not to harm the health of the child, it is better to coordinate a daily diet with a specialist. To reduce the pressure during pregnancy at home with a sharp increase, you can use the roller, which must be substituted under the legs when lying down. Next, it is necessary to provide the woman with an influx of fresh air and call an ambulance.
In order to avoid hypertension during pregnancy, we must do gymnastic complexes as much as we can, move more, maintain body tone. Preventive measures:
- do not abuse hot baths;
- remove coffee and chocolate from the diet;
- take a cool shower;
- do acupressure based on the back of the head;
- regularly air the living rooms.