The content of the article
- Ways to block the Internet on a child’s phone
- How to block child sites in Google Chrome
- Disconnecting mobile Internet from telecom operators
- Function “Parental Control” from mobile operators
- Programs for blocking sites from children
There are many reasons why parents need to periodically block their child’s Internet connection. Uncontrolled access to the network is addictive, which leads to poor grades at school, unwillingness to do useful things, irritation, lack of exercise. To avoid the negative impact of the Internet, you need to know how to block it.
Ways to block the Internet on a child’s phone
Almost every modern child has his own smartphone. This is not only a way of communication, but also a window into an attractive, but far from harmless virtual world. There are several ways to protect a minor from harmful information:
- Making changes to the Windows system folder. You need to open the operating system settings and the hosts file, then manually register all the addresses of dubious resources.
- Parental Control settings in the browser. Blocking unwanted sites is easily done in Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox. These browsers have their own settings for parental control. Through a personal profile and password, adults can manually register a list of sites that they want to block access to.
- The built-in parental control function in the router. One of the most effective ways to protect your child from unwanted web resources is the integrated parental control on some WiFi routers (Zyxel, TP-Link, Asus). Access to selected resources will be limited on all mobile devices and desktop PCs connected to the router.
- Special programs. There are third-party applications developed for the Android and iOS platforms. With their help, blocking sites from children occurs in different ways, but in general, the characteristics and functions of such programs are similar.
- Services of mobile operators. The companies Megafon, MTS, Beeline help create safe conditions for children’s Internet. They developed additional features that can be connected to the current package, and even special tariff plans..
How to block child sites in Google Chrome
The parental control feature, which is available in the Google Chrome browser, is carried out through profile management. To activate it, you must take the following steps:
- Sign in to your Google Chrome account, if not, create a profile.
- In the browser settings, find the “Users” section, and then select “Add a new user”.
- After opening the “Create a user account” window, select the image and name, then activate the “Controlled profile” by clicking on the “Create” button.
- After confirming the creation, launch a browser with a controlled profile, which uses secure search by default: when certain queries are entered, the search results will not be displayed.
In Google Chrome, through the controlled profile, you can activate the control function for parents. To do this, enter the browser settings, and then in the “Users” section, click the “Profile Control Panel” button. Further actions:
- After authorization, a page will automatically open where you will configure access rights to all sites.
- You can approve or deny access in the “Requests” section.
- You can view web pages visited by a child if you use the “Statistics” section.
Disconnecting mobile Internet from telecom operators
If the restriction of the child’s visits to web resources and games does not give positive results, then you can completely turn off the Internet from mobile operators. This is done in several ways:
- call to a mobile operator;
- in your account on the company website;
- via ussd code;
- personal visit to the company office to fill out an application (if the contract is drawn up for you).
How to activate
USSD command service
type on the keyboard * 236 * 00 # call, wait for the SMS about disconnecting the service
write the word “stop”, send it to the number:
call to operator
call toll free number 0500, give the operator passport data, ask to disconnect the Internet.
dial the numbers * 110 * 180 # and call
call to operator
by number 0611
through your account
log in to the company’s website, go to the “Services” – “Internet” section and click “Disconnect”.
Function “Parental Control” from mobile operators
Another option to block the Internet on your phone is the paid Parental Control service offered by mobile operators. Names and tariffs:
- “Children’s Internet” from Megaphone. To connect, you need to send a request to the operator on the number * 580 * 1 # call, send an SMS with the word “ON” to number 5800, or activate the service in your account. Installation of the option is free, and daily use is 2 rubles.
- “Parental control” from MTS. The option is activated in several ways: using SMS with the text 442 * 5 to number 111, USSD – commands * 111 * 72 # call or using the child’s account on the official website of the company. In the latter option, you need to find the Black List section and install the service. The daily cost of the option is 1.5 rubles, disconnection is free.
Programs for blocking sites from children
You can download and install the application data to your phone through the Google Play store or from the Internet through any browser. The most popular programs that help block unwanted sites:
Features and Functionality
A free application that helps block unwanted sites and applications on your phone and tablet. Main functions:
Care4Teen for Android
A universal set of tools to help ensure the security of your child’s phone from malicious sites. Functions of the free program:
SafeKiddo Parental Control
Multifunctional protection of the phone and tablet with intuitive controls and access to a panel that reports on the user’s internet activity. Key features of the free app:
The program uses a wide arsenal of control methods, which allows not only to block individual sites, but also to send instant notifications to parents. Norton Family Features: