The content of the article
- Why does the computer slow down
- What to do if the computer slows down
- How to clean your computer from debris yourself
- Cleaning your computer from dust
- Virus elimination
- Removing unnecessary programs
- Launching the built-in Disk Cleanup function
- Defragment your hard drive
- Cleaning your computer from junk files and empty folders
- Best Computer Cleaning Programs
Continued use of the computer affects its performance. No matter how good your equipment, junk files, unnecessary programs and dust will affect your PC, so everyone will have to clean. If your computer slows down, how to clean it in several ways is described below..
Why does the computer slow down
When buying a new laptop or PC, it’s always a pleasure to work with him: everything opens quickly, it instantly responds to your actions, applications load in a matter of seconds. Over time, there will be many reasons that will lead to a deterioration in the performance of your computer – it will start to slow down, heat up, and periodically reboot. One or several reasons can lead to this condition:
- body contamination: dust, wool, etc .;
- unnecessary programs load RAM;
- the processor overheats;
- windows inhibit viruses;
- junk on the hard drive, junk files.
What to do if the computer slows down
When you notice that the PC has become noticeably slower to work, there are two ways to solve this problem – do cleaning yourself or call the wizard. If you know for sure that you can’t do it, it’s better to call a specialist, otherwise you can use the options on your own to clean your computer so that it does not slow down. The primary task of the user is to determine why the computer is buggy, slows down. This will provide a direction in which to work:
- clean from viruses, junk files;
- improve cooling;
- clean the case, parts;
- defragment drives.
How to clean your computer from debris yourself
In order to rid the computer of the brakes, you need to clean it of debris. To do this, you need a good vacuum cleaner with a blow mode, a dust cloth and a set of special utilities for cleaning Windows. The latter are the only effective way to clean the computer of unnecessary programs, but you should still start with the usual physical cleaning of the case manually.
Cleaning your computer from dust
Those who are busy asking how to clean the computer so as not to slow down should start by opening the case. If you use a stationary computer, you need to remove one side panel from the system unit. In the case of a laptop, you need to unscrew the back panel completely to gain access to the details of the equipment. A huge amount of dust always flies in the room, and fans of the cooling system suck it in, it accumulates on radiators, cooler blades and the board. Take a damp cloth and switch the vacuum cleaner to blow air. You need:
- Shut down the PC, turn it off completely (from the network).
- Wipe the plastic and iron elements of the case with a rag, do not touch the parts (they need a dry cloth).
- Carefully blow out all the elements with a vacuum cleaner, process the cooling system of the processor, video card, power supply well. An ideal option would be to remove the parts and clean them thoroughly in turn. This is only worth doing when you are sure that you can assemble everything back, otherwise restrict yourself to a simple purge.
An clogged cooling system does not perform its functions 100%, which is why computer elements overheat and begin to slow down in applications, games, just when working on a PC. This is especially true if you have a powerful model – all TOP parts are very hot. In some cases, the problem of overheating lies in the dried thermal paste on the processor chip. In such cases, you need to remove it, wipe the old paste and apply a new layer.
The most common reason a computer starts to slow down is viruses. It’s easy to pick them up on the Internet along with program installers – sometimes they disguise themselves as torrent files, and you can’t immediately identify them: annoying ads, banners, and unnecessary programs in the startup of the system begin to appear. Instructions on how to clean the computer correctly so as not to slow down:
- Buy a licensed antivirus or download the free DR utility. Web Cureit To find it, go to the “Download” section on the official website of the developer.
- Open the program and click on the button “Run scan” – PC scanning will begin.
- This procedure can take a lot of time (depending on the size of the hard drive). Upon completion, detailed information on the found malicious files will appear..
- Click on the orange large button “Defuse”.
- After removing viruses, the PC will restart.
Removing unnecessary programs
The next step to make your PC fast again is to clean your laptop of unnecessary programs and files. Some applications run in the background, getting into startup. This loads the RAM, which is especially noticeable if you have a little (4GB). At the same time, half of these programs are not used, they just hang in the task manager, eating some of the resources. You can remove them as follows:
- Click on Start.
- Go to the “Control Panel” section and find the “Add or Remove Programs” section.
- You will see a list of applications installed on your PC. Find and remove those that you do not use or did not install them yourself.
Launching the built-in Disk Cleanup function
During work, people often install programs, download files from the Internet, and sometimes incorrectly delete games and applications. After such actions, it is necessary to clean the system of residual, junk files. You can do this in different ways, but the developers created a tool built into windows called “Disk Cleanup”. It analyzes files in the recycle bin, temporary directory, deleting empty folders and “tails” of programs. To activate:
- Go to My Computer.
- Right-click on the desired partition on the hard drive..
- Find the “Properties” item in the menu, click on it.
- In the window that opens, there is a “Disk Cleanup” button, confirm the action.
Defragment your hard drive
This is another built-in feature of Windows; it is an option on how to clean your computer so that it does not slow down. The PC hard drive has a unique system for recording data in the form of sectors. Users often erase and install games, programs, so the sectors are filled unevenly, which leads to the fact that the system slows down. To defragment a disk, you must:
- Go to “My Computer” and right-click on the desired section of the hard drive.
- Right click, in the menu, click on the item “Properties”.
- Go to the “Service” section.
- Click on the Defragment or Optimize button (on Windows 10 version).
Cleaning your computer from junk files and empty folders
If you yourself cannot determine which of the files and folders are needed and which are not, then special software will help fix this situation. These programs analyze your system, registry, hard drives and offer to remove a certain number of objects that, in their opinion, are of no value. Below it will be described which program to clean the computer so as not to slow down.
Best Computer Cleaning Programs
To clean the PC, they use different programs: for example, RegCleaner, Norton WinDoctor, but CCleaner is considered the best, which has wide functionality and a simple control interface. To download, you can go to the official website and click the “Download” button (registration is not needed for this). Install the program and run it, then you need to:
- You will see the “Clear” tab, in which you can delete the cache (temporary files) from the browser. In the left menu, you can make settings for searching for objects that need to be cleaned, but it is better to leave everything as it is. Click on the “Analysis” button, all kinds of “broken” documents, copies, etc. will be found. After the process is completed, click “Clear”.
- Next, you need to clean the system registry to get rid of errors that cause slowdowns. Go to the “Registry” section in the left menu and click the “Search for Problems” button. The utility will find the necessary documents, provide a full report, offer to make a backup copy (agree and save). Then click the “Fix” button..
- Then go to the “Service” tab, in which you need to select the “Startup” section. Select all the programs that are unfamiliar to you, click “Turn Off” in front of them..
The utility conducts all actions automatically; you do not need to additionally configure or enter anything. A backup copy of the registry is needed in the event that after a correction by the program some functions cease to work. After such a cleaning of the PC, it should be rebooted and check if extra applications turned off from startup started..
Learn How To Increase Laptop Performance On Windows 7.