The content of the article
Often smartphone users have problems in order to properly configure the Internet on the phone. If you are an advanced user, then you can connect manually by filling out the appropriate form with data in the operating system. For all other users, automatic configuration is available by SMS from the operator.
How to connect mobile internet
On the phone, you can connect mobile data manually. Step-by-step instructions with which to configure the Internet on Android:
- Open the settings menu on your phone.
- Choose “Connection”, “Mobile networks”, “Other networks”, “More”, depending on the device model.
- After select “Access Points”.
- Click the “Add” button, if it is not displayed separately, then find it in the context menu.
- A new profile will open, which must be filled in accordance with the settings of a particular operator.
- Save the data, go back one level and select the profile you just created.
- Turn on Mobile Data and restart your phone.
The table shows the settings of three popular providers, the input of which will allow you to connect the Internet to your cell phone. If you encounter additional items when filling out the profile, you must skip them and leave the default values:
Profile name: mts-internet
Name: Beeline Internet
Settings Name: Any
If for some reason you did not manage to connect the mobile Internet manually, you can always use the automatic configuration. To do this, follow these steps:
- “Ask” your mobile network operator to send a special message with settings (this SMS is often marked with a gear envelope icon).
- Open the incoming SMS.
- Select the item labeled “Application: Internet”.
- Click the Install button.
- If a pin code is required, enter “0000” or “1234”.
- If the code does not fit, contact your network operator to find out the correct pin.
- Confirm the selection by pressing the “Yes” button and turn on the mobile data in the curtain of the phone, reboot the device to activate the changes.
- On some phone models, the above steps are not required, you just need to order a message from the operator to connect to the Internet.
You can access the Internet on your phone not via mobile data, but via Wi-Fi. To connect the worldwide network in this way on the Android operating system, use the following instructions.
- Unlock the device, go to the main menu.
- In the list of icons or in the shutter of the operating system, find “Settings” (often this item is indicated by a gear symbol), make the transition.
- You will see a list of custom items, find the line “Wi-Fi” and go to the submenu.
- In older versions of the Android operating network, you first need to go to “Wireless Networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi Settings”.
- If the Wi-Fi router is turned on, then all available connections will be displayed immediately.
- If the adapter is turned off, the system will offer to turn on the Wi-Fi module to view available networks.
- Select the desired network from the list.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter the access password.
- If you accidentally entered the wrong data, then click on the network name again, select “Forget” and re-enter authentication parameters to connect to the Internet.