The content of the article
- What is a bolero?
- Models and styles
- What to wear
- Crochet bolero
- How to choose the right thread
- Knitting patterns
- How to tie a bolero – step by step instructions
- Decorative patterns
- Warm Knitted Bolero
- Crochet bolero – diagrams and description for beginners
- Long Sleeve Bolero
- Simple crochet bolero for girls
- Bolero for the summer
- Openwork bolero for experienced craftswomen
- Crochet floral wrap
- Bright knitted bolero “Chinese fans”
- Fragmented White Bolero
- Openwork bolero mesh
- Beautiful crochet bolero for evening dress
- Exquisite Spanish Lace Cape
- Knitted boleros – fashion trends 2017
Crocheting a short bolero for a woman or a girl is much simpler according to the schemes and description to them, where each step of creating a canvas is examined in detail. Initially, this garment was male, in appearance it was a short vest. In the women’s wardrobe, he began to change, acquiring various sleeves and collars. Today, the accessory is a good addition to any clothes of your wardrobe. It can be connected independently with the help of master classes..
What is a bolero?
In modern fashion, this element of clothing is a shortened jacket. It looks like a tight blouse, often without any fasteners. Such a thing appeared in the 18th century, then it was worn by Italian bullfighters. Then women turned their attention to her – she became not so monotonous thanks to the invention of new interesting styles and experiments with decor and coloring.
Models and styles
Modern models of such short jackets are presented in a wide assortment. They can be made of fabric, fur, leather or crocheted from yarn. The difference from the initial version is the presence of sleeves of different lengths: long, short, three quarters – although there are models without them. A variety of models is achieved due to collars, including those turning into a lapel, button fasteners.
What to wear
The high demand for such a blouse is due to its versatility. With this small accessory you can create many extraordinary and extravagant images. You can wear a bolero with almost everything. It is combined with a knitted dress, jeans and skinny trousers, shorts. A more rigorous option is with a pencil skirt. Shoes are preferable with high heels, for example, ankle boots, although sneakers are also suitable. Unusual fur models are combined with stilettos and skinny trousers, and leather – with jeans. Knitted options look good with turtlenecks and dresses.
The first stage of work will be the preparation of the necessary materials and tools specified in the description of the master class. Their list includes the following:
- a tool of one or another number, which is selected taking into account the type and thickness of the threads;
- thin or thick yarn depending on the purpose of the clothes;
- straight knitting needles;
- darn needle;
- some elements of decor at will, for example, a braid.
In order for the finished product to fit well, you must first tie the sample, according to which to calculate the density of the knitting. It depends on the thickness of the yarn and the tool number. A control sample is created as follows:
- according to the desired product scheme, knit a sample of 10 by 10 cm;
- wash, dry and iron;
- put it on a cardboard measuring 10×10 cm;
- count the number of loops along the main side of the sample that hit the cardboard – this is the density of knitting;
- if the sample is smaller, then it is worth taking the tool thicker, otherwise, on the contrary – thinner.
How to choose the right thread
Equally important is the right choice of yarn. For light and airy patterns, threads with the addition of synthetics are suitable. As a result, the product will keep its shape better. Loose and thick patterns look more spectacular from a denser yarn, which can be knitted even in 2 threads. Tips for choosing yarn:
- bamboo, viscose, cotton and silk yarn is suitable for summer models;
- mercerized cotton will give coolness in the scorching sun, and pure, high-quality wool will warm you in winter frosts;
- lace models look prettier from thin cotton or synthetic thread;
- a stretch yarn product will emphasize the bends of the body;
- warmth and beauty combine models of mohair, cashmere or merino wool;
- evening options look elegant from yarn with lurex;
- thin-skinned sportswear suits girls with an active lifestyle.
A warm bolero is crocheted from merino (sheep) wool. She is hypoallergenic and soft. Popular manufacturers are Gazzal – BabyWool, Galla, Artic. For autumn-spring wardrobe it is better to use yarn with cotton and acrylic in the composition, sometimes with the addition of wool. The best producers are Jeans by YarnArt, Cotton Gold by Alize and azzal – Baby Cotton. Linen and cotton yarn are considered summer. From it elegant trimmed blouses are obtained. In this case, yarn Begonia, Violet and Duet (Alize), Iris, Lili and Semenovskaya – Tenderness, Ivushka, Irina and Lily are good.
Beginning needlewomen should not immediately take up complex schemes. Training on simple patterns will help you deal with more complex things in the future. Patterns can be found in knitting magazines or on the Internet. Symbols will help simplify the process, by which even a novice will figure out where and what loops to make. They may include:
- single crochet (RLS);
- double crochet (CCH);
- air loops (VP);
- half crochet (PSN);
- half-crochet without a crochet (ПБН);
- lush column;
- embossed column.
There are various knitting techniques that are used by craftswomen. The main classification includes the following methods of creating a knitted fabric:
- Circular. The canvas turns round, like a napkin, seamless. It fits in one direction with the closure of each circle with a connecting and lifting loop.
- Straight. The cloth is tied in rows according to the “round-trip” principle.
- Knitting motifs. In this case, several separate parts are made, which are then hooked or crocheted..
How to tie a bolero – step by step instructions
Almost any bolero is crocheted according to the pattern of a classic jacket, only it has rounded edges and reduced length. First you need to choose a model – whether it will be needed just to complement the image or is it necessary for the purpose of warming. A decorative bolero is crocheted from thinner threads and more often without long sleeves. The insulated version needs them, and the yarn should be thicker.
Silk, cotton, viscose or synthetic yarn – these options are suitable for decorative models. Any of them can be connected as follows:
- Select the length of the sleeve, multiply it by 2 and add the back, measured from shoulder to shoulder. This is the width of the rectangle. Its height is equal to the girth of the hand in the widest place, plus 5-7 cm for a free fit.
- Then fold the rectangle along, make two seams from the edge to the center for the desired length of the sleeve. You won’t need to do it here..
- Align the outline with ruffles or another pattern.
Warm Knitted Bolero
For warmed options it is better to take yarn with wool, cashmere or mohair in the composition. Such boleros are crocheted in a simple pattern:
- Measure the distance from shoulder to shoulder on the back, knit a square of such dimensions (for size 42-44 they are about 50-52 cm).
- Fold the resulting part in half, sew it on the sides from the edge to the center to the second mark by about 10-12 cm, leaving slots for the hands.
- Next, tie the left holes to the desired sleeve length.
- Make shelves. To do this, tie the edges of the stitched square in a circle to the desired number of rows.
Crochet bolero – diagrams and description for beginners
Knitted models of such jackets won special love. They can be created at any time of the year. In addition, the bolero is crocheted quickly, and according to the schemes and description, any craftswoman can handle them. It can be a light cape for a cool evening or a warmed winter model with a turtleneck. Several of these options are presented in master classes with photos..
Long Sleeve Bolero
A model with a long sleeve is more suitable for the autumn-winter period, so the yarn should be thicker. In general, for knitting you will need:
- mohair of average thickness of any color – 400 g;
- hook – No. 4, 5.
Knits a product of two parts in the transverse direction from the sleeve. In some places, loops are simply added or, conversely, removed. The instruction includes the following steps:
- Dial a chain of 33 air loops, knit according to scheme 1, in each fourth row add 4 times 2 loops (p.). In the end, they should be 49.
- After 48 cm of knit add on both sides a chain of 4 VP (you get 57 stitches in total).
- Tie another 10.5 cm middle loop, close, continue knitting the remaining 28 p. Backs for another 8 cm, then cut the thread at a total height of 69 cm.
- Go to the shelf, according to scheme 2, in 3 rows, make a bevel neck, cut the yarn.
- Similarly, execute the second part.
- Chop them on a pattern, moisten, let dry.
- Make lateral and central seams, tie the edges according to scheme 3.
Simple crochet bolero for girls
The following knitted model is perfect for a girl aged 5-6 years. Necessary materials and tools for the master class:
- hook – No. 3,5;
- yarn 100% cotton pink or other color – 50 g.
Crochet a bolero for a girl from the armhole of the first sleeve, and end with the end of the second. The product is not completely solid. The remaining sleeve is tied from the armhole. The instruction is as follows:
- Collect as many VPs so that the sleeve width is the size of the child’s arm.
- Knit according to the pattern to the armhole of the sleeve – the width of the fabric is equal to the width of the back.
- Close the knitting ring. Continue knitting in the same pattern until the desired length..
- Run the second sleeve from the left armhole. Both tie next to single crochet and next to the step.
- Do the edging of the neck and back: 1 row of RLS, 2 rows of the cycle * 2 columns with 2 crochets, knit together 1 air loop *. Repeat this twice more. Tie open edges like sleeves.
Bolero for the summer
Variants of summer models are lighter, so the yarn should not be thick. Their pattern is often openwork, which gives the product a special airiness. To make one of them you will need:
- yarn 100% cotton (250 m / g) – 300 g;
- hook – No. 2.
The finished thing associated with this scheme is suitable for women with a clothing size of 38-40. The sequence of its implementation is as follows:
- Back. Dial a VP chain 52 cm long, knit according to the pattern of 43 cm. Next, leave 12 cm in the center and finish both sides separately. For bevels of the neck, reduce 1 cm 1 time. After 48 cm of the canvas, finish knitting.
- Shelf. Gather a chain of VP 26 cm long, tie 24 cm of the canvas according to the same pattern. Next, in each row, reduce 7 times in 1 loop. When the fabric reaches 48 cm, finish knitting. Similarly perform the soulmate.
- Sleeves. For each, dial a chain of VP 40 cm long, knit according to the scheme 5 cm.
- Assembly. Complete all seams, tie the edges with 2 rows of CCH and 1 next to such a cycle * 3 VP, 3 CCH in the same base, skip 3 loops, 1 RLS, skip 3 loops *.
- Lace. Tie a chain of VP 70 cm long, knit 1 row of RLS, thread the tie into the shelves.
Openwork bolero for experienced craftswomen
If you are already familiar with knitting techniques and have completed several simple models of bolero, then you can go to the next level and create a more complex product. It is more difficult to make openwork patterns, but according to the scheme and description, making them easier. The main thing is to follow the sequence of manufacture of all parts, use the recommended yarn and the tool number for it. As for the color of the threads, you can choose it to your taste.
Crochet floral wrap
A light lace cape in this master class is knitted from round motifs. Then they are connected among themselves, as a result of which the finished product is obtained. Necessary materials and tools:
- yarn 100% silk – 230 g;
- hook – No. 2.5.
The diameter of each motif is approximately 8.5 cm. Their knitting and assembly into the finished thing is carried out according to the following instructions:
- According to scheme 1, knit 32 motifs, connect them according to the drawing: when knitting the last flower, do not cut the thread, but make 1 PRS from the top of the middle pico of the lower row, then 6 VP, 1 PRS, introducing a hook under the top of the middle pico of another motive. Perform chains of 6 VP and 1 PRS, introducing the tool alternately into one and the other flower.
- Fill the free areas of the upper edge according to scheme 2. Tie it 1 with a row of single crochets.
- For fringe, group 3 strands 25 cm long, fasten them along the bottom contour.
Bright knitted bolero “Chinese fans”
Creating this model is more time-consuming due to the complexity of combining individual motives. Materials and tools will require the following:
- double mercerization cotton – 400 g;
- hook – No. 1,5.
Crocheting a bolero begins with the creation of 4 round motifs. Already from them perform a pattern of fans. Instructions for creating the product are as follows:
- Tie a lace strip of 4 circles.
- Next, connect the backrest fans according to the scheme, starting with 5, and then alternating between 3 and 4 fans. Total rows should be 6.
- Run each shelf separately, following the sequence of rows in the diagram.
- Sew the product on the sides, knit the sleeves with fans to the required length.
Fragmented White Bolero
A very simple but beautiful bolero crocheted from squares. It is only necessary to fulfill several motives, and then combine them according to a special scheme. For knitting, you will need:
- cotton thread – 50 g;
- hook – No. 1,5.
The number of square fragments can be different depending on the desired length of the sleeves and the product itself. In addition, they can be placed at an angle of 45 degrees, and not directly, as in the standard version. The classic crochet bolero model is knitted like this:
- According to the scheme, knit 10 square motifs.
- Connect them together with connecting posts along the last row of arches.
- For the back, make a 2×3 square canvas. For the shelf, attach 2 more motives down.
- Tie the edges of the sleeves and the neck with fans according to the scheme.
Openwork bolero mesh
A fine addition to an evening dress can be a small jacket with a mesh pattern. To make it, you will need the following:
- Vega yarn 65% viscose, 35% cotton – 200 grams;
- hook – No. 2.
Crochet a bolero is necessary according to the pattern shown in the picture. The product consists of a back, two shelves and sleeves. The sequence of their knitting is as follows:
- Back. Link a chain of 127 VP + 3 VP for lifting. Knit 5 rows with a pattern in scheme 1. Next, go to the main pattern. It is shown in Figure 2. After 20 cm of the canvas, leave armholes on both sides in the form of 2 repeat patterns. Continue to knit according to the pattern, finish at a height of 39 cm.
- Shelves. Dial a chain of 67 VP + 3 VP for lifting. Knit 1 pattern 16 cm, then make a cutout for the neck, leaving 5 cm on the inside. Next, add 4 times 1 cm and 2 times 0.5 cm in each row for rounding. Knit the right armhole similar to the back. Run the second shelf symmetrically.
- Sleeves. Make side and shoulder seams, attach yarn to the armhole, knit in a circle with the main pattern to the required length.
- Assembly. Tie the edges of the shelves and the neck according to scheme 3. Draw the laces in the form of a VP chain.
Beautiful crochet bolero for evening dress
It is better to knit a classic black bolero with a crochet of color motifs along with an evening out. it is created very simply, and the materials and tools needed are:
- mercerized cotton – 200 g;
- hook – No. 2.5.
The diagram shows the motives themselves, their connection points and layout for the back and shelves. Red indicates the parts that connect the back to the front. The knitting sequence is as follows:
- For the back, according to the scheme, make a strip of 5 motifs, then tie 7 rows and add 4 more flowers.
- Then knit 11 strips. Next 4 motives to finish, continue to knit the remaining 5 motifs for 7 rows.
- In the same way, start knitting a shelf, only after adding 4 motives go through another 5 rows. In the last two, remove 1 flower, as shown in the diagram. Similarly perform the second shelf.
- Align marked red lines to connect parts using the same motifs..
- Tie the edges like this – 3 sc, pico from 3 VP.
Exquisite Spanish Lace Cape
Especially beautiful are the capes in the technique of Spanish or Irish lace. They are made of many different motifs, mainly floral. For one of the models you will need:
- black Iris yarn – 100 g;
- yarn 100% cotton black – 50 g;
- hook – No. 1-1,2.
The manufacturing principle is to knit several patterns and their subsequent connection. It is carried out as follows:
- Link motives according to specified patterns.
- Next, draw a pattern, lay out the patterns made on it according to the sketch of the composition in Figure 5b.
- Spaces between motives fill with irregular mesh.
Knitted boleros – fashion trends 2017