The content of the article
- How to distribute the Internet from an iPhone
- Via wifi
- Via bluetooth
- Via USB cable
- What to do if modem mode does not work on iPhone
With the development of technology, it became possible to turn the phone into an Internet distribution point. Other devices can connect to it via the USB interface or wirelessly. In the Wi-Fi transfer function is already available with 3 models.
How to distribute the Internet from an iPhone
First check if the 3G or LTE network is turned on, if data transfer is activated. To share your Internet connection, you must enable the “Modem Mode” function in the smartphone settings. Find the “Cellular” – “Cellular Data” button. After that, the modem function is automatically activated. Enter a password of 8 characters or more. By default, it is complex, but you can come up with your own if you wish. Next, click the “Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth” tab.
Before you start distributing, find out if your mobile operator allows it. Not all tariff plans have unlimited internet. As a rule, a cheap tariff has limitations on connection speed and the number of megabytes. Many operators charge extra for the ability to exchange traffic between devices.
To connect an iPhone to a computer as a modem, you need to go through several steps:
- Enable Wi-Fi search on Android, IOS or another device on which you want to use the network.
- Find an available network that has the name of your smartphone, join it.
- To enable WiFi distribution, use the password that you created and entered for Wi-Fi from the phone.
- If the connection fails, move the devices closer together..
- After the start of the data distribution, connect the iPhone to recharge, since the device that distributes the Internet consumes a lot of energy.
You can set up Wi-Fi via bluetooth in the following way:
- Activate bluetooth.
- Connect your iPhone with an iPad or any other device: create a pair, repeat the password that appears on the connected gadget.
- Allow to distribute the Internet from iPhone. To exchange and transmit information, go to the bluetooth settings. In the “Internet access” section, click on the checkmark.
Via USB cable
There is another way to activate the transfer of information from a smartphone to a PC. You can distribute the Internet via USB. If you connect your phone to a Windows computer, first install iTunes on it. This program will make it possible to quickly recognize drivers. Next, select the USB tab. The operating system itself recognizes the phone and places it in the “Network Adapters”. Sometimes this does not happen. If the computer does not see the iPhone, then restart it.
How to distribute Wi-Fi from an iPhone if, after the above actions, the Internet does not connect? Do the following:
- Open “Device Manager” on your smartphone.
- Right-click on the Apple Mobile Ethernet tab.
- Perform the “Operate” operation.
What to do if modem mode does not work on iPhone
To connect a mobile Internet on a tablet or laptop, check if it is distributed. Sometimes after an iOS update, all old installations are reset.
If the Internet transfer mode on your phone does not work, do the following:
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Press the mobile button, find “Data Options”.
- Activate the “Cellular Network” button.
- Enter the name, password, APN of the mobile network in the “Modem mode” tab. If this information is not familiar, find it on your operator’s website.
- After connecting, click “Finish”.