How to tie a tail for a doll and turn it into a mermaid
Not all children know how to handle toys with care, and their breakdown becomes a cause of universal grief for kids. To correct the situation, you do not need to immediately buy something new. Show your imagination, become a real wizard in the eyes of a child! For example, if a doll’s leg breaks, or maybe two, it’s no reason to send her to a landfill. Such a toy can easily turn into a fabulous mermaid.
To make the doll a mermaid’s tail, you will need: – scissors; – threads of medium thickness in a pleasant color (a small ball of 50 grams is enough); – hook for thread size.
Do it yourself do-it-yourself mermaid:
1. We knit the first air loop.
2. We knit a chain from this loop (7-8 loops).
3. We close the chain in a circle. This is the center of knitting. We make 24 double crochet with a base in this circle. We connect the first and last columns of the second row from the air loop.
4. Now you need to conditionally divide this circle in half – from it we will knit 2 identical elements of the bottom of the tail. To do this, make 1 row of 12 loops (just half the number of columns in the circle). Next, we start knitting rows in such a number of single crochet columns: 12, 12, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4. To reduce the number of loops, we knit 2 columns in 1, and to increase their number in the number row, from 1 base we knit 2 columns.
5. Connect the edges of the tail “petal” with columns that lead from the bottom of the tail to the circle.
6. We return to the circle of double crochet, we begin to knit the second part of the bottom of the tail in the same way as the first. To do this, we make 12 columns in the second part of the base circle, and then we knit the rows according to the scheme that was used for the first element.
7. When the bottom of the tail is ready, we begin to knit the body of the mermaid. The number of loops must be varied depending on the size of the hips and the doll as a whole.
8. For this doll, the body from the tail began with 8 SC.
9. Next came the rows in such a number of loops: 10, 12, 14, 14, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 19, 20, 22, 22, 24, 26, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 18, 16, 14.
10. We fill the finished connected part of the doll with a cut bike, holofiber, sintepon.
11. Tie a one-piece tail to a plastic body.
12.Now we do it so that we get a jumpsuit from threads. To do this, we knit only in front of the doll with single crochet (8 stitches in a row). There will be about 5-7 such rows.
13. To attach the upper part of the jumpsuit, we knit a chain and throw it over the neck of the doll. We tie the end of the chain to the other side of the front canvas. We fix the thread, carefully hide. The length of the chain varies from the size of the doll (a chain of loops of 10-12 is enough).
The mermaid doll is ready! Here is a hand-made transformation!