The content of the article
- Necessary materials
- How to knit socks on two knitting needles
- Two-seam socks with a seam
- Toe knitting
- Front oblique
In damp weather, knitted woolen socks will help warm your feet. You can make such a product yourself, having only two knitting needles on hand. There are several knitting techniques for such socks: with a seam, without stitching, from the toe. Each technique has its own distinctive features..
Before starting work, prepare the necessary materials:
- Knitting needles. Choose the number (thickness in mm) in accordance with the recommendations indicated on the package with yarn.
- Knitting. Acrylic or half-woolen yarn is ideal for creating socks. It is more durable, warm and holds its shape well..
- Knitting pattern, pen and note paper.
- Pin markers.
- Hook, for raising air loops from work.
How to knit socks on two knitting needles
There are many options for knitting socks with two knitting needles: with a seam, without a seam, with a toe, with a pattern, on circular knitting needles. All of them have their own scheme of work, but before you start knitting, you need to take measurements and calculate the number of loops. Armed with a centimeter tape, make the following measurements:
- circumference of the foot;
- outsole length.
Write the results on paper. From a yarn, knit a sample of 20-30 loops (the more, the more accurate the calculation). Calculate the knitting density. To do this, divide the number of loops in the sample by its width in cm. The resulting number will be the density of knitting, write it down. Measure the sample after washing and drying it, as some yarn tends to sit or stretch after the WTO (wet-heat treatment).
To calculate the number of initial loops for your size, girth of the foot in a wide place, multiply by the density of knitting and divide by two. It is necessary to divide by 2, because this method knits the back half of the toe to the toe, then the second half, clinging to the edges of the finished part. Socks on 2 needles without a seam are knitted according to the following pattern:
- Knitting cuff.
- Heel formation.
- Track marking.
- Toe formation.
Further, step by step, each of the items is more detailed. Getting started and tying half of the cuff:
- Put on the knitting needles the initial number of stitches.
- Tie the floor cuff to the desired width with any elastic.
- The knitting edge should be a straight edge (pigtail). To do this, always remove the first loop without knitting, and make the last loop inside out (IP). This is necessary so that later a neat connection is obtained.
The next stage of work – the most difficult for beginners – is the formation of the heel:
- Calculate the heel height according to the following pattern: number of rows = number of stitches on the spoke minus 2 (if the number is even) or minus 3 (if the number is odd).
- Knit all rows of the heel..
- In the last row, begin to form a heel. To do this, divide all the loops into 3 parts. If in the remainder 1 point is obtained, attach it to the middle part, if 2 – 1 to each of the side parts.
- Mark the number of loops of the middle part with markers.
- Knit the side part with the front surface without changes.
- Tie the first loops of the middle part to the front ones, and connect the last together with the adjacent loop from the second side part.
- Turn the work inside out. Remove the first loop not knitted. Repeat step 9 to knit.
- Continue attaching side loops (one at a time) to the middle until the original number of middle loops remains.
In knitting half of the track there will be no complicated tricks – it is knitted with a straight cloth to the desired length:
- To knit the foot in the first row, lift the loop from the hem on one side of the middle of the heel up to the elastic. Turn knitting.
- Knit all the stitches on the needle with the wrong ones, if this is the wrong row. Lift the loops on the other side of the midline of the heel from the hem.
- In each second row at the edges, knit 2 p. Together front with a slope to the left (if the front rows) or 2 together purl (if the rows are wrong).
- At the end of the work, the original number of loops should remain.
- To calculate the length of the middle part of the track, measure the length of the heel and foot cups – they should be the same. Multiply the heel cup by 2. Subtract the resulting number from the total foot length.
- Knit the resulting number in cm..
It is important for the toe to make smooth bevels. Reduce in each second row before and after the hem, until 1/3 of the stitches of the initial set remain on the knitting needles. Then the work goes in the direction from the toe to the cuff, knitting the upper half of the sock:
- Just as they cut the toe in every second row, start adding loops along the edges of the broaches. To avoid holes in the place of increase, knit a broach, after twisting it once.
- Along with the increments, make the connection of the canvases, pulling a new loop from one segment of the edged finished web.
- Keep track of the number of loops. Add loops until the same number of loops appears in the work as for knitting the track.
- Knit the upper part of the sock in the same way – in a straight line, connecting the canvases along the edge.
- Make sure that the number of loops is not added. To keep the number of loops always calculated, connect 2 p. Together at the end of each row.
- In the area with the elastic, grab the edge by the wall facing the front side, knit it together with the last loop of the row.
- Knit the first loop of each row so that the elastic pattern continues.
- The second sock is knitted similarly.
Two-seam socks with a seam
To calculate the number of loops, measure the circumference of the lift (from the heel along the oblique to the lift) and the ankles at the bone (in the thinnest place). Add the resulting numbers and divide by two. The resulting number is the number of centimeters for which you need to calculate the loops according to the knitting pattern. In the example, two-spoke socks with a seam are knitted from 50 loops (48 main + 2 hem):
- Tie an elastic band 2 * 2 5-6 cm long.
- Then go to the front surface and knit 7-8 cm.
- For the heel, divide the number of loops (excluding hem) into 4 parts. It will turn out exactly 12 p. The heel will be formed on two middle parts.
- Knit three parts with the front stitch (48 p), rotate the work.
- Knit 24 p (two middle parts), turn the work over.
- Make shortened rows by knitting 12 and 11 (10, 9, 8) loops in each next row until only 8 st.
- Start increasing the number of loops, knitting in each row the previously left loop.
- To avoid holes put a side loop on the left knitting needle and knit it together with the next front loop (LP).
- Turn the knitting. Remove the first chain.
- Then 8 wrong sides. Lift the side loop and knit together with another purl.
- Continue the action until all loops are in operation..
- Next, knit with facial stitch until the length of the sock reaches the middle of the thumb.
- For the toe, divide the knitting into 4 parts (12 + 12 + 12 + 12).
- Start making reductions. In each even row 3 and 2 loops from the end of the first and third parts, knit together the LP.
- Knit 2 and 3 loops of the second and fourth parts together with a broach.
- When only half of the stitches remain, do such reductions in each row until only 6.
- Pull them with a thread, sew a product
A somewhat unusual way is suitable for those needlewomen who have a limited number of threads for work, so that the length of the cuff can be adjusted in accordance with the remains of the yarn. Loop calculation is done similarly to the method described above. Socks are knitted with two knitting needles from the toe like this:
- Draw half of the required number of loops on the knitting needle, adding an extra slippery thread to the main yarn.
- The first row – all the front loops (LP), the last loop – the wrong (IP).
- The second row – all wrong side, do not knit the last. Turn the job upside down.
- Continue knitting in partial rows until 1 / 4–1 / 3 of all loops are left knitted on each side of the knitting needles.
- In each subsequent row, knit all the left loops, before them lifting the broach from the previous row.
- After lifting get a toe.
- Remove the extra thread. On two knitting needles.
- Loops from two knitting needles to one, at the same time knitting them like this: 1 st. From the front knitting needle, knit the loop, remove the loop from the back knitting needle without knitting.
- Knit the last stitch on the wrong side..
- At the next stage, remove the first loop, knit the loops of the front canvas LP, the back canvas – remove without knitting. The last loop in the work is the wrong side.
- Continue knitting the entire length of the foot, minus the length of the heel. At the stage of tying out the foot, one must be extremely careful and not get confused where to knit the loop, and where it should be removed not knitted, otherwise the two halves of the toe will connect at the place of the error, it will become unsuitable for wearing. Should end up with a “pipe”.
- Knit the heel of a sock like a toe.
- After knitting the heel, 1 part of the loops will be on the spoke, the second on the pin.
- Continue knitting the boot to the elastic in the same way as the footprint..
- Tie a rubber band 2 * 2, knitting the last loop in the wrong side.
- After tying the desired length of the elastic, close the loops with an elastic method or a needle.
You can associate socks with a braid according to any of the above master classes. The figure should come from the upper part of the foot. The braid can be knitted according to any pattern you like, for example according to this:
- For drawing a braid 2 loops, remove on an additional knitting needle, leave before work.
- Then knit 2 LP, return the removed loops to the left knitting needle.
- Knit them face.
- Remove the next 2 loops, leave at work.
- Knit 2 p. Front, return the removed loops.
- Knit them face.