The content of the article
- How to choose a beautiful modern name for a girl
- List of modern Russian names
- Monthly selection
- Choosing a fashionable modern name for a boy
- Modern foreign
- By month
When a young family expects the birth of a child, the search begins for the most beautiful, unusual name for the baby. No wonder they say that a name influences a person’s fate – whatever you call a ship, it will sail. Many parents tend to choose a rare, modern name for their crumbs to emphasize its individuality. However, the main thing in this matter is not to overdo it, otherwise you can complicate the life of an unborn child.
How to choose a beautiful modern name for a girl
The choice of a name for the girl depends on the imagination and personal preferences of the parents. They decide what to call their daughter: a Russian familiar name or a bizarre foreign one. Most parents want to choose not only a modern, but also an original feminine name. What you will not meet girls in schools and kindergartens: Mia, Jasmine, Jacqueline, Julia. Although your daughter will stand out from the crowd of children with classic names, it is unlikely that such an exotic name will harmoniously combine with the Russian surname and patronymic.
Modern names of girls are not only modern foreign options. Recently it has again become fashionable to call girls Orthodox and Old Russian names: Ermina, Praskovya, Efrosinya, Vasilisa. However, before christening the girl to one of them, parents should think about whether Vasya or Proshka’s diminutive options will become an occasion for ridicule of classmates.
It happens that the girls to whom their parents gave a modern unusual name were not ready for such attention to themselves from others. Often this becomes the cause of the development of complexes in the child. If replenishment is expected in your family and you are considering what name to choose for the girl, consider the following recommendations:
- How much you would not like some modern name, it must be in tune with the name and patronymic of the girl. Agree, Ivanova Zhorzheta Nikolaevna – not the best option for your beloved child.
- Think about whether the girl will be happy with that name or can become a “black sheep” among peers? The cartoon heroine is unlikely to have adequate self-esteem in adolescence.
- Please note that the modern Russian name of the girl should be easy to pronounce. Katorina or Yolanda are likely to be often spoken correctly by others..
List of modern Russian names
The most popular names in 2019 were Anastasia, Sofia and Maria. Moreover, they have been occupying leading positions for several years. When choosing a name for their unborn child, parents should not chase only one fashion – listen to your heart, which will definitely tell you how to christen the girl. Perhaps one of the modern or ancient Russian female names will become the most suitable:
Many modern parents prefer to give children foreign names. The girls are called Italian, German, French, American names, considering them fashionable and beautiful. However, before deciding on a choice, parents need to find out the meaning of the name they like. In the modern age of the Internet, this is not difficult. The following are examples of original names for girls with the meaning.
- Violetta – Violet Flower.
- Albina – snow-white.
- Diana – the winner, the divine.
- Zemfira – untamed.
- Hera – mistress, warrior.
- Camilla – Noble Blood.
- Eugene – a symbol of nobility.
- Evelina – Energized.
If the parents had difficulty choosing a name for the girl, then it is worth considering the option of determining it, based on the time of year when the child was born. For example, it is possible to christen a winter girl Severina or Snezhana; Autumn should be called Eve, Gold; summer – by Augustine, Julia; spring – Marta, Maya. So, based on the month of birth, parents can easily choose the appropriate version of the modern name for their beloved daughter.
- January: Aglaia, Agafya, Irina, Polina, Nina, Kristina, Vasilisa, Tatyana, Ulyana.
- February: Natalia, Anastasia, Anna, Rimma, Svetlana, Agnia, Paul, Inna, Veronica, Martha, Evdokia, Valentina.
- March: Marina, Anna, Iraida, Ulyana, Nick, Margarita, Regina, Kira, Iraida, Marianna.
- April: Praskovya, Larisa, Irina, Alla, Tamara, Alexandra, Daria, Matrena, Galina, Suzanne, Eve, Theodosius.
- May: Faina, Tatiana, Taisiya, Pelagia, Maria, Glafira, Zoe, Muse, Julia, Efrosinya.
- June: Valeria, Nelli, Antonina, Sophia, Claudius, Akulina, Theodora, Anna, Thekla.
- July: Efimia, Tamara, Inna, Irina, Jeanne, Elena, Sarah, Anastasia, Alevtina, Rimma, Olga.
- August: Anita, Olesya, Christina, Sergius, Maria, Praskovya, Serafima, Valentina, Olympics, Milena.
- September: Victoria, Natalia, Theodora, Sophia, Anfisa, Rufina, Vassa, Anna, Elizabeth, Domna.
- October: Jonah, Zlata, Pelagia, Veronica, Thekla, Ariadne, Vladislav, Taisiya, Zinaida, Magdalena, Marianna.
- November: Zinovia, Svetlana, Anastasia, Neonila, Elena, Ulyana, Capitolina, Cleopatra, Matryona, Elizabeth, Claudia.
- December: Victoria, Marina, Anna, Anfisa, Catherine, Cecilia, Marina, Zoya, Augusta.
Choosing a fashionable modern name for a boy
The birth of a newborn is a grandiose event, which many families are waiting for. The birth of a boy as a successor to his surname, defender of the country, and future pride of his parents becomes a real joy. A very important decision to be made by mom and dad is the choice of a name, because modern sounding options do not always carry the appropriate meaning.
In the time of Ancient Russia, boys were called based on the Saints – a list of saints and their holidays in calendar order. Each day is dedicated to one of the Orthodox saints, whose name was called the boy. Today’s parents can use the name list to choose a name for their child. However, it should be borne in mind that such unusual and old names as Zebulun or Svyatogor may not be understood by society. Before you christen the boy somehow, pay attention to the meaning of the option you like:
- Plato – Broad-shouldered.
- Zahar – a man with a good memory.
- Miron – happy, peaceful.
- Elisha – saved by God.
- Tikhon is a favorite of luck.
Often, modern parents prefer foreign names, fascinated by their sound, but completely not knowing the meaning of their choice. Try a foreign name on the surname and patronymic of the boy – there are not rare cases when, thanks to the carelessness of the parents, the child becomes the object of ridicule of peers. If you are attracted to some name, you can call the boy like that, but do not forget to ask about his translation. The following beautiful, modern names of boys are popular:
- Ilnaz – love for the motherland.
- Dinar – dear, precious.
- Diaz – the Spanish version of Jacob (“on the heels”).
- Rustem is a hero.
- Janis – God-given.
Some parents believe that it is worth calling the child, given the time of year in which he was born. So, the winter boy is recommended to give a soft name, because this season is characterized by severity, and it does not need to be aggravated. Modern parents call spring babies stronger names, because by nature they have a flexible character. Summer boys are cheerful and active, any names suit them. For autumn, you should choose calm, bright, consistent with the balanced character of the boys.
- January boys: Semyon, Timothy, Cyril, Naum, Ilya, Daniil, Adam, Artem, Gregory, Philip, Mikhail, Peter, Ivan, George, Yuri, Mark, Stepan, Elizar, Konstantin, Yakov, Savva, Nikolai, Athanasius.
- February boys: Benjamin, Ephraim, Armen, Julian, Konstantin, Porfiry, Philip, Pavel, Leontius, Roman, Akim, Valery, Arseny, Ignatius, Gennady, German, Luke, Arseny, Anton, Vlas, Gerasim, Clement.
- March boys: Leo, Alexey, Vitaly, Heraclius, David, Venedict, Boris, Alexander, Egor, Taras, Grigory, Kuzma, Leonid, Denis, Victor, Trofim, Arkady, Arseny, Fedot, Mark, Yuri, Sevastyan.
- April boys: Plato, Nikon, Zakhar, Artemon, Makar, Daniel, Stepan, Martin, Polycarpus, Samson, Rodion, Nikita, Sergey, Khariton, Ivan, Vasily, Trofim, Innokenty, Thomas, Andrey, Terenty, Aristarchus.
- May Boys: Kasyan, Yuri, Joseph, Gleb, Athanasius, Makar, Vsevolod, George, Boris, Nikita, Modest, Fedot, Pakhom, Heraclius, Lavrenti, Leonty, Thomas, Vasily, Gabriel, Anatoly, Valentin, Nicodemus.
- June boys: George, Bogdan, Semyon, Yuri, Elisha, George, Vladimir, Nazar, Ivan, Fedor, Igor, Sylvester, Savva, Anton, Ignat, Mstislav, Mikhail, Khariton, Karp, Tikhon, Sergey, Nikanor, Alex.
- July: Demid, Hypatius, Pavel, Jacob, Anton, Svyatoslav, Stepan, Eusei, Samson, Demid, Fedot, Cyril, Artem, Anatoly, Stanislav, Matvey, Ivan, Guri, Galaktion, Leonid, Terenty, Demid, Sofron.
- August: Oles, Stepan, David, Prokhor, Arkady, German, Julian, Maxim, Peter, Vasily, George, Naum, Gleb, Boris, Miron, German, Dmitry, Frol, Evdokim, Savva, Christopher, Constantine.
- September: Veniamin, Victor, Vitaliy, Nikolay, Andriyan, Pimen, Gennady, Akim, Zakhar, Arkhip, Jacob, Clement, Ilya, Daniil, Nikanor, Leonty, Lukyan, Fadey, Andrey, Arkady.
- October: Alexey, Roman, Nazar, Denis, Guri, Sergey, Trofim, Vladimir, Vladislav, Martyn, Veniamin, Luka, Erofei, Ivan, Nikita, Kasyan, Sergey, Rodion, Demyan.
- November: Osip, Terenty, Orestes, Herman, Pavel, Irakliy, Vincent, Maximilian, Taras, Nestor, Egor, Anton, Filaret, Maxim, Ignatius, Konstantin, Alexander, Victor, Nestor.
- December: Spiridon, Egor, Pavel, Cyril, Anatoly, Andrey, Adrian, Sofron, Anton, Sergey, Valerian, Mikhail, Makar, Sevastyan, Spiridon, Filaret, Christopher, Athanasius, Sevastyan, Leo, Nikolai.
It is believed that the name carries a special energy and affects the fate of a person. Many parents, for this reason, are afraid to make a mistake and do not know what to name their child. There are so many beautiful old Russian, harmonious foreign and original modern names – this diversity makes one doubt the choice. Moms and dads take on a big responsibility, calling the child a rare name that will always stand out your child among peers.