The content of the article
- Payments for the death of a close relative
- Are common
- Social Benefit for Burial
- Who can claim
- Where to go
- List of required documents
- Terms of circulation and payments
- How to get funeral money for a deceased pensioner
- What help is laid upon the death of a soldier and law enforcement officers
- Compensation of actual burial costs
- Funeral allowance in the amount of a three-month pension or salary
- The erection of a monument on the grave at the expense of the federal budget
- One-time payments to the relatives of the deceased
- Material assistance from the employer
- One-time regional compensation
- Survivor’s pension
- Who should
- What documents must be provided
- Terms of appointment
- Size and timing
- Dead Life Insurance Payments
- Compensation for deposits of Sberbank
- How to get a pension or salary for the deceased
The loss of a loved one entails a number of waste, which often become an excessive burden for the relatives of the deceased. People can get into debt, spend their last savings in order to say goodbye to the deceased. Many citizens do not even realize that in connection with the loss that befell them, they have the right to receive financial support from various sources. Due to the fact that the execution of assistance takes place on a declarative basis, it is necessary to understand in detail where to contact and what documents need to be prepared.
Payments for the death of a close relative
When a loved one passes away, relatives seldom think that they are entitled to certain monetary compensations, which are guaranteed by law. This kind of support is designed to reduce the cost of organizing a funeral or the funeral services provided and to some extent ease the financial situation of mourners. Conditionally, payments can be divided into two groups:
- general allowances;
- specialized compensation, which can be claimed under certain conditions.
In the days of sorrow, material support for the family members of the deceased is simply necessary in order to adequately lead a loved one to another world and to offset the costs associated with organizing a funeral. In addition, relatives of the deceased can receive constant assistance from the state if the deceased was the only breadwinner in the family. To assign general compensations, it is necessary to contact the competent authorities, providing a certain list of documents, which will be discussed below.
If we talk about specific assistance from the state, then it includes the following types:
- burial allowance;
- lump sum payments;
- survivor’s pension.
In addition to funds that are allocated directly from the state, the relatives of the deceased have the full right to claim other compensations. Their list is determined in each case individually and is specific. Payments are:
- life insurance (including those due for compulsory motor third-party liability insurance in the event of an accident);
- on deposits in Sberbank open until 06/20/1991;
- within the framework of criminal proceedings, if death occurred through the fault of a third party;
- in the form of unpaid pension, salary, alimony.
Social Benefit for Burial
In connection with the death of a person, his relatives received assistance provided for the organization of funerals and funeral services. According to the law of 8-FZ (12.01.1996), the allowance has a fixed value, and the exact amount is reviewed annually from February 1 and indexed to the level of last year’s inflation. For 2019, the size of the social burial benefit is 5,701 rubles 31 kopecks. In those regions of Russia where a district coefficient is applied to salaries, the amount increases in accordance with this indicator.
Who can claim
In most cases, the recipient of the funeral allowance is a close relative of the deceased, but under the law, anyone who has undertaken the organization of the funeral is entitled to seek help. When providing the necessary documents, the applicant may cover expenses in connection with:
- preparation of necessary documentation;
- delivery and delivery of items needed for a funeral;
- transportation of the body of the deceased to the place of burial;
- direct funeral process.
Where to go
A person who takes care of all the questions related to the organization of the funeral should know that depending on the social status of the deceased, one needs to apply to receive different funeral benefits:
- Pension Fund. Considers applications if the deceased was not employed at the time of death, but was awarded a pension.
- The draft board. Papers are submitted to the local office provided that the deceased was a military serviceman, veteran or disabled person of the Great Patriotic War and (or) other military operations, an employee of the internal affairs bodies, the Ministry of Defense, an employee of the penitentiary system or the State Fire Fighting Service.
- At the place of work. Documents are submitted in the event of the death of an employee, a pensioner who continued to work, and in the event of the death of a minor child from an officially employed citizen.
- Social protection authorities. The relatives of the deceased, who was unemployed at the time of death or the deceased was a minor child from unemployed parents or student parents, are making a statement. In the organs of SPZ also contact with a stillborn child with a gestational age of more than 154 days.
List of required documents
To receive payment in connection with the death of a close relative, the applicant must prepare a certain set of documents. Among this list are:
- applicant’s passport;
- death certificate issued by the registry office;
- a completed application for the issuance of funeral allowances;
- work book to confirm the fact that the deceased was not officially employed.
Terms of circulation and payments
Assistance for burial is relied upon only once, and it can be received directly on the day of the funeral, or no later than six months after the person’s death. If the last day, which you can apply for, falls on a weekend or is a holiday, you can submit documents on the next business day. Help is paid in cash, and if the applicant so desires, it can be transferred to a bank account in a credit institution, but for this it is necessary to provide details.
How to get funeral money for a deceased pensioner
If a pensioner dies without receiving the allowance due to him this month, this money is right to receive his relatives, who lived together with the deceased. Provided that several citizens simultaneously apply for a pension payment, the amount in equal shares is distributed among all applicants. If after six months the amount has not been claimed, it is subject to inheritance on the general grounds that are determined by law.
To receive payments in connection with the death of a close relative, the following documents must be submitted to the Pension Fund:
- application in the prescribed form;
- passport of the applicant (s);
- death certificate of a pensioner;
- a certificate confirming the fact of registration and residence on the same living space with the deceased;
- documents by which you can establish family ties (marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.).
What help is laid upon the death of a soldier and law enforcement officers
The legislation defines cases when the amount of the funeral allowance may be different from the established one. This is possible if compensation is paid at the expense of individual federal departments and executive authorities. They can be obtained if the deceased was:
- military personnel;
- war veteran;
- employee of the State Fire Service;
- veteran of World War II;
- an employee of law enforcement agencies (the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Defense, penal enforcement bodies, etc.);
- rear worker.
Material assistance to the relatives of a deceased employee of the internal affairs bodies or a serviceman can be of three types, and applicants can only apply for one of them, provided that the funeral was organized for their own money, and not at public expense:
- social burial benefit;
- compensation payments for the burial costs incurred;
- funeral allowance three times the amount of pension / salary.
Compensation of actual burial costs
Close relatives can receive funeral payments in the amount of the established social allowance, the amount of which in 2019 is 5,701.31 rubles. If the funeral was made at his own expense, the applicant has the right to apply for reimbursement of expenses incurred by presenting documentary evidence. The amount of the refund will depend on real expenses, but not more than 18 980 rubles (for Moscow and St. Petersburg – 26 280 rubles). If the deceased was a WWII veteran, the maximum is set at 32,803 rubles.
Funeral allowance in the amount of a three-month pension or salary
If you turn to the Government Decision number 941 (09/22/1993), you can see that the death allowance for a relative from among the military personnel, employees of the internal affairs bodies, the State Fire Service and the penal system can be three times the monthly allowance (pension) on the date of death citizen. In aggregate, this amount cannot be less than the amount of social funeral allowance (in 2019 – 5,701.31 rubles)
The erection of a monument on the grave at the expense of the federal budget
In some cases, close relatives are entitled to reimbursement of expenses in connection with the installation of tombstones. Funds are allocated from local budgets and are provided with documentary evidence of the costs incurred. Money allocated from the federal executive bodies where the deceased served, cannot exceed 20% of the amounts established by law. Government Decision No. 460 (May 6, 1994) designated the following maximum amounts of compensation:
Military personnel and other law enforcement officers
Veterans of military service and military operations
Participants and disabled WWII
Participants and invalids of the Second World War (who did not serve in the army as military personnel)
One-time payments to the relatives of the deceased
In addition to compensating for the costs that the relatives of the deceased bear during the organization of the funeral and the erection of the monument, they can apply for other types of support that are not regulated by federal law:
- assistance allocated at the applicant’s place of work;
- accruals made by the employer who worked for the deceased to death;
- compensation provided by local legislation from the regional budget.
Material assistance from the employer
Material assistance in connection with the death of a relative may be paid by the employer. In the first case, it is compensation at the former place of work of the deceased. Relatives of the deceased can apply for it by writing a statement. In the second – the applicant can get it at his work, if it is provided for by local regulatory acts. The husband, wife, children and parents of the deceased can apply for benefits. The list can be expanded at the initiative of the employer (for example, siblings, grandfather and grandmother, guardian and trustee).
The amount is determined by the head of the enterprise or may have a fixed value and be prescribed, for example, in a collective agreement or contract. To receive the funds, the applicant must write an application in any form for financial assistance and attach a copy of the death certificate of a relative. Money is issued in cash from the cash desk of the enterprise or transferred to the card account. They are not subject to taxation (personal income tax is not levied) and they do not need to pay insurance premiums.
One-time regional compensation
Local authorities do not have the right to cancel compensation provided for by federal law, but may charge additional payments in connection with the death of a close relative. The value depending on the subject will be different. It depends on the capabilities of the local budget and the adopted legislative or regulatory acts. For example, in Moscow, the following sizes are installed:
- for a serviceman or employee of law enforcement agencies – 22 511 p .;
- for disabled people, veterans and participants of the Second World War – 38,400 p .;
- for liquidators of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and the Mayak production association – 11,456.14 rubles;
- for unemployed, unemployed pensioners and a stillborn child during pregnancy more than 154 days – 16,701.31 p.
The assistance provided is not limited to the above options. In some cases, a citizen may be assigned a monthly compensation – a pension in connection with the loss of a breadwinner. According to the law, it can be of three types:
In accordance with the information provided on the official website of the FIU, the categories of citizens who are entitled to monthly payments in connection with the death of a close relative are determined depending on the type of pension:
Type of pension
Who is charged
What documents must be provided
To assign payments, you need to collect a certain package of documents (originals and copies), which together with the application is submitted to the local branch of the Pension Fund. Additionally, you can apply for a pension in connection with the loss of a breadwinner through your personal account on the PFR website, the Multifunctional Center, or send documents by registered mail with a notification. The list of required papers looks like this:
- identity document of the applicant (passport, residence permit, birth certificate, etc.);
- death certificate;
- a document capable of confirming kinship with the deceased;
- other papers regarding the deceased, which will be required to confirm additional circumstances (for example, a work book for calculating seniority).
Terms of appointment
There are some rules under which a person can apply for a pension in connection with the loss of a breadwinner:
- Insurance. It is necessary if the work experience of the deceased is confirmed, during which he paid insurance premiums. Payment will not be made to those dependents whose actions entailed the death of a breadwinner.
- State. It is accrued regardless of the length of service of the deceased and the time of his death (while serving or being retired).
- Social. It is charged if the deceased had no insurance experience or could not be confirmed.
Size and timing
The purpose of the insurance pension depends on the date of application. If the application was submitted within one year of the death of the citizen, pension payments will be calculated from the day of the death of the breadwinner. If the appeal was received after 1 year, the calculation will be made for the last 12 months preceding the date of submission of documents. The amount is calculated individually, but in addition to this, the legislation defines surcharges to the main part. The following values are set for 2019:
- standard conditions – 2,491.45 p. (district coefficient applied);
- orphans – 4,982.90 p.
State and social pensions are granted from the first day of the month when the applicant applied for accrual of assistance. The amount of payments has the following values:
Military personnel killed by military injury
Disabled family members
200% social benefits
Military personnel killed as a result of illness
150% social benefits
Affected by industrial and (or) radiation disasters
Children with both parents dead
250% social benefits
Single parent children
250% social benefits
Other disabled family members
125% social benefits
All members of the deceased’s family
40% of the income received by the deceased
The amount of social pension for people under the age of 18 years or up to 23 years, if they study full-time at an educational institution, is:
Children who have lost one parent
Children who have lost two parents
For residents of the Far North and other territories equated to them, an additional coefficient is increased (PC). If the recipients of the pension travel to a permanent place of residence (permanent residence) in another locality, payments are assigned in the standard amount or taking into account another value that is applied in the region. For example, if a citizen lived in Vorkuta, payments increased by 1.6. When leaving for permanent residence in the city of Smolensk, the pension will be accrued without using a PC, but if he leaves to live in Severodvinsk, the coefficient will be 1.4.
Dead Life Insurance Payments
Provided that the deceased entered into a voluntary life and health insurance contract, after his death, relatives can contact the insurance company with which the deceased citizen collaborated to receive payments due. If the policy states that the beneficiary is a certain person, the money is transferred only to him, although in case of disagreement, relatives can appeal the will of the deceased in court.
Compensation for deposits of Sberbank
If the deceased had a deposit in the largest bank in the country, opened before 06/20/1991 and not claimed until 12/31/1991, the heirs are entitled to receive compensation for it, but only if the depositor had Russian citizenship at the time of death. The amount of compensation depends on the date of birth of the beneficiary and is:
- until 1945 (inclusive) – three times the size of the remainder;
- 1946–1991 – double value.
At the death of the depositor in 2019, his heirs or citizens who organized and paid for the funeral and funeral services are entitled to compensation. Its size depends on the balance of the deposit held by the deceased in the bank, but cannot exceed an amount equal to 6 thousand rubles. To receive the above payments, you must submit an application indicating the date and your own signature. The necessary package of documents should be attached to it, the exact list of which should be specified in the department.
How to get a pension or salary for the deceased
Another compensation that the close relatives of the deceased is entitled to rely on is the payment of a salary or pension, which was not issued to the citizen on the month of his death. The amount subject to transfer is directly proportional to the number of days worked plus compensation for unused vacation, if due. To receive money, you must apply to the FIU or at the place of work of the deceased with a statement and death certificate within six months.