The content of the article
- What are state social benefits?
- Distinctive features
- What factors are considered when appointing
- Types of Payments in 2018
- By focus
- By category of recipients of funds
- By the duration of the allocation of funds
- Who can claim to receive
- What relates to social benefits
- How social benefits will change from January 1, 2018
- Indexing of pensions and benefits
- The increase in the minimum wage
- Social benefits in Moscow in 2018
- Low-income families
- Large families
- For children with disabilities and families with children with disabilities
- Social benefits for pensioners in 2018
- Residents of the capital with a local registration of less than 10 years
- For indigenous retired Muscovites
- One-time payments to certain categories of citizens on special occasions
- Monthly cash compensation
- Social payments to labor veterans in 2018
- To participants and invalids of the Second World War, the defense of Moscow
- Social benefits to artists
Not all people are independently capable of providing themselves with everything necessary for certain circumstances. The state strongly supports them by providing assistance in the form of cash allowances or benefits. According to the new indexing procedure, in 2018 social payments to pensioners, large families, people with disabilities and other categories of citizens in Moscow and the regions will be reviewed, so we should expect an increase in pensions, allowances and allowances.
What are state social benefits?
Social payments are usually called various kinds of compensation and benefits that are intended for certain groups of the population. They are paid from the federal and regional budgets in certain cases. They are appointed because of the inability to earn money on their own or because of a lack of funds to cover social expenses. All payments are regulated by law and are provided free of charge..
Social benefits are paid directly to a citizen or members of his family and have a number of characteristic features:
- appointed and paid exclusively by government agencies;
- allocation of funds comes from the federal and / or regional budget;
- can be one-time or regular;
- their value is determined based on the salary of a citizen or in a certain amount;
- have a targeted nature;
- the need of a person is taken into account, and in its absence, the allocation of funds ceases.
What factors are considered when appointing
In order to make social payments by the state in 2018, as in previous years, a number of factors are taken into account:
- state of health (transfers on sick leave due to temporary disability due to illness or due to injury, funds for the purchase of medicines, etc.);
- life circumstances (pregnancy, child care);
- features of household life (solving the housing problem);
- change in social status (retirement, dismissal, childbirth).
Types of Payments in 2018
State social benefits are divided into:
- federal. The conditions for their appointment are prescribed in regulatory legal acts, and the relevant ministries or departments are engaged in the allocation of funds. Categories of beneficiaries are the same for all regions, regardless of their place of residence. The amount of subsidies and the conditions for receiving them are the same for all citizens of the Russian Federation. They serve as an additional allowance to already existing payments, for example, for certain services to the state (Hero of Labor, Honorary Donor, etc.) or when gaining preferential status (disabled person, senior citizen, labor veteran).
- regional. Funds are assigned and distributed separately in each region. Their size depends on the budget and is regulated by local government regulations. A distinctive feature is that they are not required for each subject. Regional social benefits may be paid to the employee by the employer, but subsequently they are still compensated to the employer from the budget..
According to the intended purpose, it is customary to divide social benefits into two types. The first group includes those that partially or fully compensate for lost earnings. They are provided as part of social insurance as a legal form of social security. Insured accidents are industrial accidents, diseases and injuries, pregnancy, childcare. The amount of compensation directly depends on the salary of the insured person.
The second group is benefits that are provided for additional material support to citizens. They do not depend on the citizen’s earnings, have a fixed amount, which is determined by the state and paid to both insured and uninsured persons. Bright examples of this type include the one-time benefit in connection with the birth of a child, material assistance for burial, etc..
By category of recipients of funds
Depending on who receives cash assistance, social benefits can be divided into the following:
- for all citizens. This includes, for example, childbirth benefits.
- for working citizens. Among them are payments for temporary disability, maternity benefits.
These benefits I have various sources of funding – from budgetary funds or through social insurance.
By the duration of the allocation of funds
You can classify state aid and the duration of its payment:
- lump-sum (allowance for working women who were registered at a medical institution in the early stages of pregnancy; allowance for a pregnant wife of a conscript, a allowance for transferring a minor to a family for upbringing);
- monthly (on unemployment, young mothers until the child reaches one and a half years);
- periodic (for the period of temporary disability, antenatal or postnatal leave).
Who can claim to receive
The state-defined social benefits in 2018 are intended for certain categories of citizens. Grants are mandatory for all regions, so the local administration does not have the right to cancel them for any reason. Federal beneficiaries include:
- single pensioners who are no longer able to find a job;
- large families, provided that the children have not reached the age of 18 or 23 years if they receive full-time education);
- disabled people;
- disabled children;
- children brought up in single-parent families;
- orphans and children under 18 left without parents;
- children whose parent (s) are retired or disabled;
- parents-students of full-time departments of educational institutions;
- persons awarded with titles, awards, insignia;
- women on maternity leave;
- parents of disabled children;
- persons caring for a disabled person of group 1;
- able-bodied citizens falling under reduction.
What relates to social benefits
In the Russian Federation, citizens are provided with a number of state subsidies. Among the main distinguish:
- unemployment. It is paid to persons registered in employment centers. The value is always determined individually. The allowance is temporary and intended to help citizens who are looking for work.
- temporary disability. Paid upon presentation of a sick leave. It is calculated on the basis of the patient’s salary. It is paid provided that deductions to the Social Insurance Fund were made from the income of the citizen by the enterprise in which he works..
- maternity. It is paid to all women, regardless of the availability of employment. It is still received by the adoptive parents of a child up to 3 months of age.
- at the birth of a child. Assigned to one of the working parents from the federal budget.
- single mothers. Paid if the birth certificate does not contain data about the father. For working women, the calculation is based on wages, for the unemployed on the basis of the minimum wage.
- for burial. Assistance is provided to the relatives of the deceased to cover the costs of the funeral. In some regions, an increase factor may be applied to the value set at the federal level..
- by disability. Monthly payment, the amount of which depends directly on the assigned group.
- low-income families. It is provided to everyone whose income is lower than the required minimum established by region of residence.
How social benefits will change from January 1, 2018
In November 2017, the draft budget for 2018 was approved, according to which, from January 1, some social payments will be indexed. Regional authorities also take certain measures to improve the welfare of their residents, so we can expect an increase in both one-time and regular subsidies provided by the local administration. The amount of subsidies will directly depend on the possibilities of budgets, therefore, in some entities there will be no increase.
Indexing of pensions and benefits
The main and good news for most pensioners was that in 2018, the indexation of pensions is expected. This will be done from January, and not as established, from February. The government took such a step in order to increase the real incomes of the population for the year. Since indexation directly depends on the inflation growth index for the country, it was decided to increase pensions by 3.7%. This measure will affect only those pensioners who went on a well-deserved rest and do not continue to work..
Additionally, from April it is planned to raise social pensions by 4.1%. Such subsidies are provided for disabled citizens with disabilities, and in case of loss of the breadwinner. Social benefits are paid to citizens who have reached retirement age (60 for women and 65 for men), but have not gained insurance experience, as well as to representatives of small peoples of the Far North.
The increase in the minimum wage
The minimum wage is used as a value for calculating certain payments. The calculation of this value is a laborious process, because it uses data on inflation, the cost of living, the state of the economy, the number of unemployed, etc. According to official information, from January 2018 it is planned to increase the minimum wage by 21%, which will amount to 9489 rubles.
In this regard, some social benefits will grow:
- fixed payment at birth – 16 873 p. (must be issued before the child is six months old);
- maternity for the first child – 3163 p., for the second and subsequent – 6327 p.
Social benefits in Moscow in 2018
Investments in the Moscow economy contributed to the growth of social contributions. According to the mayor of the capital, Sergei Sobyanin, after meeting with representatives of pensioners, large families and other socially vulnerable groups of the population, money will be allocated from the city budget to increase one-time and regular social payments in 2018. From January, the size of the social standard will be increased by almost 21% to 17,500 rubles . Vladimir Petrosyan, head of the department of labor and social protection of the population, said that this increase would affect about 1.4 million retired Muscovites.
Families whose incomes are below the subsistence level established by a decree of the Moscow government are provided with the following social benefits for children in 2018:
- up to 3 years, brought up by single parents – 15,000 p .;
- up to 3 years, brought up in the families of military personnel who undergo military service on conscription – 15,000 p .;
- up to 3 years, which is raised by one parent, while the second avoids paying child support – 15,000 p .;
- other families with children under 3 years of age – 10,000 p .;
- 3-18 years old, brought up by single parents – 6,000 p .;
- 3-18 years who are brought up in the services of military personnel serving on conscription – 6,000 rubles;
- 3–18 years, whom one parent brings up, while the second avoids paying child support – 6,000 p .;
- other families with children older than three years – 4 000 r.
To solve demographic problems, the state makes every effort to support large families by providing them with a number of benefits and paying material assistance. The government of the capital also does not stand aside by setting a new monthly amount of social benefits in 2018 for this category of citizens:
3 or 4 children
5 and more children
for the purchase of children’s goods to a family in which 5 or more children are brought up
Monthly subsidy for families raising 10 or more children:
for the purchase of goods for children
large mother receiving a pension
Monthly compensation to families for payment of housing and communal services:
3 or 4 children
5 and more children
for using the telephone
Annual assistance to large families:
to purchase children’s clothing to attend classes for the period of study
having 10 or more children on International Family Day
having 10 or more children on the Day of Knowledge
For children with disabilities and families with children with disabilities
In 2018, it is planned to increase the subsidies provided to families where children with disabilities are brought up, and the Moscow government has set new tariffs regardless of the disability group. So, the monthly city supplement to a person who cares for a disabled child or a disabled person since childhood reaches his 23rd birthday is 12,000 r.
If a child is brought up in a family where parents are disabled 1 or 2 groups and at the same time do not work, he is entitled to monthly assistance of 12,000 rubles. Since 2018, a new social allowance has been introduced, which provides for the payment for the purchase of a set of children’s clothing, necessary for attending classes for the period of study. It is transferred annually in the amount of 10 000 r.
Social benefits for pensioners in 2018
Pensioners for whom health does not allow them to continue working can only rely on a pension from the state. The elderly were provided with an annual compensation payment. So, in 2018, its size amounted to 5,000 rubles. During the economic crisis, indexation was not able to cover the difference between inflation and rising incomes. In 2018, such a subsidy is not provided, since the planned increase in pension allowances will be higher than the forecast figures for inflation.
Residents of the capital with a local registration of less than 10 years
There is a tendency to increase the number of elderly people who received Moscow registration. This is due to the amount of payments – they are almost twice the average value in the regions of the Russian Federation. Elderly citizens who received Moscow registration continued to live at their old address, while receiving a Moscow pension. For this reason, the Moscow authorities took a measure of graduation of people who went on a well-deserved rest, to indigenous and non-indigenous Muscovites. Those with a registration stamp stamped less than 10 years ago are classified as non-indigenous.
For indigenous retired Muscovites
Until 2018, only the indigenous inhabitants of the capital were entitled to an extra payment up to the social standard, for the rest there was no such preference. The only exception was the residents of New Moscow, who were a priori considered indigenous after signing the decree on the entry of these territories into the capital. Today, all pensioners, regardless of the length of their stay in Moscow, receive surcharges up to the minimum standard, the value of which since January 2018 has been set at 17.5 thousand rubles.
One-time payments to certain categories of citizens on special occasions
The increase in social benefits in 2018 will affect individual residents of Moscow due to certain events in their lives:
- 50th anniversary – 20,000 p .;
- 55th anniversary – 25,000 p .;
- 60th anniversary – 25,000 p .;
- 65th anniversary – 30,000 p .;
- 70th anniversary – 30,000 p .;
- payment to centenarians (for persons who are 101 years old) –15 000 r.
Monthly cash compensation
In addition to regular or one-time payments, socially unprotected residents of the capital are entitled to compensation:
public transport (city traffic)
in the field of communications – for using a landline telephone
according to paragraph 4, 5 of Resolution No. 62-PP
according to paragraphs 1–3, 5–10 of Resolution No. 62-PP
Social payments to labor veterans in 2018
The Veteran Certificate of Labor is issued to persons whose work experience is 40 years for a man and 35 for women. The title is also assumed for those who began working during the Great Patriotic War as minors. To apply for benefits, contact your local Pension Fund branch. Since 2018, the amount of benefits will increase by about 100 rubles from 495.
To participants and invalids of the Second World War, the defense of Moscow
Since 2018, a monthly compensation payment of 2,000 rubles has been established, which is two times more than in 2017, to the following categories of citizens:
- invalids and veterans of the Great Patriotic War in order to partially compensate for the costs of purchasing basic foodstuffs included in the socially necessary set;
- disabled people due to military trauma that was received during the Great Patriotic War, provided that they do not have the necessary experience to receive full retirement benefits for old age (for length of service);
- disabled since childhood due to wounds during the Great Patriotic War;
- women with disabilities and women who took part in the Great Patriotic War;
- to persons who were awarded the breastplate “Honorary Donor of the USSR” for blood donation during the Great Patriotic War.
8,000 p. relies monthly to the defense of Moscow.
2,000 p. – rehabilitated citizens and persons recognized as victims of political repression.
1,500 p. – rear workers.
The monthly surcharge increased to 25 thousand rubles:
- the heroes of Russia;
- Heroes of the Soviet Union;
- the heroes of Socialist Labor;
- Heroes of Labor of Russia;
- full holders of the Order of Glory;
- Full Knights of the Order of Labor Glory.
15000 p. each month is supposed to be the widows (widowers) of the heroes of the Soviet Union, full knights of the Order of Glory, heroes of Russia, heroes of Labor of Russia, heroes of Socialist Labor and full knights of the Order of Labor Glory, but only on condition that they have not remarried. The same applies to one of the parents of the deceased or deceased heroes of Russia (Soviet Union).
Social benefits to artists
For residents of the capital, awarded the sign “Honorary Citizen of Moscow,” provides for an increase in monthly material support more than three times to 50,000 rubles. Social payments in 2018 are provided for artists. This new monthly allowance of 30,000 rubles will be awarded to people of retirement age who have been awarded honorary titles:
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR;
- Honored Artist of the Russian Federation;
- People’s Artist of the Russian Federation;
- People’s Artist of the RSFSR;
- People’s Artist of the USSR.