The content of the article
- What is social assistance?
- Cash payments
- Natural form
- Legal regulation
- Which categories of citizens should
- Types of social assistance in 2018
- Social benefits
- Compensation Payments
- Humanitarian aid
- How to get state social assistance in 2018
- Where to issue
- What documents are needed
- The procedure and deadlines
- In what cases can refuse or cancel social payments
- Social assistance to children
- Helping low-income families in 2018
- Types and size of state social assistance to large families
- Maternal capital
- Unemployment benefit
- Social assistance to people with disabilities
- Pension provision
- Benefits and free services for the disabled
- State support for the elderly
- Home help
- Preferential medical care
- Spa treatment
- Benefits for single mothers
- State social assistance to students in 2018
The basis of state policy is to maintain the welfare of its citizens. At the beginning of 2018, it is planned to increase assistance to people whose income due to life situations does not allow themselves to be provided with everything necessary. Already in January, payments will be increased and the list of persons to whom the subsidies are entitled will be expanded. The principle of allocating money will become more targeted, so that those who need them in particular are provided with benefits and a number of social services.
What is social assistance?
People who, for whatever reason, find themselves in a difficult situation, can count on help from the state. It can be cash payments or in-kind support. It is charged under the federal or regional budgets, and to receive it a person is obliged to confirm by document that he is in need. Depending on the categories of citizens, social assistance is paid on an ongoing basis or may be temporary or even one-time..
One of the forms of state support for low-income people is the provision of assistance in the form of cash that is issued in cash or by transfer to a bank account. Vivid examples are subsidies, material assistance, compensation. The state clearly stipulated the amount of monetary allowance depending on the categories of citizens.
Support at the regional level can be provided in kind, since budgetary funds cannot always satisfy the needs of all those in need. It is provided in accordance with accounting cards, statements and lists compiled by social protection authorities. Food, fuel, medical supplies, shoes and clothes are handed over to citizens.
State social assistance in Russia is regulated by a number of regulatory legal acts. The main document is the Constitution of the Russian Federation, according to which the state undertakes to support its citizens with a view to their worthy existence. As for individual population groups, it is necessary to be guided by federal laws:
- on the basics of social services;
- on the social protection of persons with disabilities;
- on social services for senior citizens and people with disabilities;
- on social support for orphans.
Additional attention must be paid to the law regarding the establishment of the cost of living. According to this criterion, it is possible to determine whether a person is in need. The list cannot be called exhaustive, since both the federal and regional levels have adopted many regulations that establish measures of state support for all groups of the population.
Which categories of citizens should
According to the legislation, state social assistance in 2018 determined:
- low-income citizens;
- persons faced with difficult financial situation.
- single pensioners who went on a well-deserved rest and do not have the opportunity to receive additional income;
- large families where children under 18 are brought up (provided that the child is studying in full-time education, the bar is set at 23 years);
- disabled people;
- citizens caring for a disabled person of group 1;
- children who are brought up in single-parent families;
- disabled children;
- children under 18 left without parents;
- children with one or both parents retired or disabled;
- parents who are full-time students of educational institutions;
- persons awarded with titles, awards, insignia;
- pregnant women and women on maternity leave;
- persons caring for a disabled child, regardless of the group assigned to him;
- able-bodied citizens falling under reduction.
Types of social assistance in 2018
The main criterion for assigning support from the state in 2018 is the amount of total income. If it is lower than the value established for the region, then the person or family is considered to be in need. State social assistance to the population is assigned as:
- cash allowance;
- compensation payments;
- humanitarian aid.
Funds are transferred to a person free of charge. They can be spent at the discretion of a citizen, so there is no need to report to government agencies for them. The amount of income is determined by law for each category of needy. Regional authorities, in addition to federal payments, are entitled to assign an additional payment in accordance with local regulatory acts.
The payment of subsidies is primarily intended. The use of funds is possible only for the needs that are defined by law. Funds are issued to citizens free of charge. The use of finance is controlled by the appropriate authority. Money is allocated in order of priority and transferred to a bank account.
Compensation can be defined by the reverse nature of the provision. This means that the citizen first spent money for certain purposes, and then turned to state authorities for reimbursement of the funds spent. Each case of the opportunity to compensate for the costs is stipulated by law, and in order to receive money it is necessary to provide documentary evidence of their use.
Providing support in kind to the poor is provided directly by local authorities through services and social protection authorities. Those in need are offered clothes, shoes, personal hygiene products, and food. For the formation of the fund, ordinary citizens, wealthy people, organizations capable of providing basic necessities and provisions are involved..
How to get state social assistance in 2018
A distinctive feature of obtaining support from the state is the targeted nature of the provision of funds in cash or in kind. Since only low-income people and citizens who have encountered financial difficulties for reasons beyond their control can apply for it, it is necessary not only to prepare the necessary documents, but also to know the procedure for providing support.
Where to issue
Depending on the conditions that are the reason for the appointment of state support in 2018, you can apply to multifunctional centers at the citizen’s place of residence. The IFC experts will tell you what documents are needed for granting subsidies and calculate the estimated amount of payment. In addition, you can directly submit documents to the body directly involved in the preparation of the subsidy:
- employees of budget organizations and people with disabilities should contact the representatives of the social welfare department;
- when a child is born, documents are submitted at the place of work, to the social protection department or to the FIU;
- pensioners, combatants, home front workers and other citizens belonging to the above categories apply to the Pension Fund branches.
What documents are needed
Depending on the type of support, the package of required documents may vary significantly. Regional authorities may request additional papers based on local regulations. In order to receive state social assistance in 2018, in addition to a passport and an application, they may ask to bring:
- birth certificate;
- death certificate;
- certificate of marriage or its dissolution;
- certificate of family composition;
- income documents;
- a certificate confirming the cohabitation of parents and their children;
- documents confirming guardianship / guardianship;
- certificate of a disabled person;
- pensioner’s ID;
- certificate of a large family;
- health certificate (disability).
The procedure and deadlines
To appoint state social assistance in 2018, you must contact the body responsible for the appointment of allowances, or the MFC with a statement and the necessary package of documents. Legislation takes 10 days to consider a petition – after this period, a person must receive a positive response or refusal. Sometimes a preliminary response is made if the body needs to study the request in more detail and check the submitted documents. Then the review procedure is increased to 30 days.
In what cases can refuse or cancel social payments
The legislation established that a person whose financial situation has changed (an increase in income has occurred) is obliged to inform the relevant authority of this no later than 14 days later. From this moment, he ceases to be registered as needy and all the set benefits for him (members of his family) are canceled. Social protection workers may refuse a citizen regarding the appointment of allowances if he:
- indicated inaccurate or incomplete data on family composition;
- hid his real income or property.
Social assistance to children
Support and protection of children is carried out in different directions. Firstly, it concerns the child’s environment and family relations, and secondly, the possibility of obtaining an education. Thus, the child is provided with free of charge the opportunity to receive primary, basic and secondary education, and on a competitive basis – secondary vocational and higher.
Children have the opportunity to receive free medical care and meals. Help is provided through the allocation of monetary and in-kind support to families. In addition, the state takes care of minors who are in difficult situations and are in a socially dangerous environment, through rehabilitation, social adaptation and financial assistance.
Helping low-income families in 2018
To solve demographic problems, the state in every way encourages citizens to create families, providing soft loans to solve housing problems, assigning assistance at birth, maternity payments. Families whose income does not reach the minimum established by law have the right to additionally count on support. State social assistance to the poor in 2018 was identified in several areas:
- provision of tax benefits;
- free medical care;
- development of special credit programs with banking institutions for the provision of loans on favorable terms;
- in-kind assistance (free medicine, fuel and food);
- legal, psychological and other types of services on a free (preferential) basis.
Types and size of state social assistance to large families
Large families are on the special account of the state. So, at the federal level provides:
- providing discounts on utility bills;
- free use of public transport and suburban buses;
- provision of free prescription medicines if the child has not reached the age of 6;
- the right to an extraordinary admission of a baby to a preschool institution;
- the provision of free meals in schools and vocational schools;
- soft loans to solve the housing problem;
- compensation of expenses for the purchase of clothing necessary for attending school classes.
Since 2007, Russia introduced a new form of family support – maternal capital. This is the payment provided for at the birth of the second and subsequent children, provided that the parents have not yet exercised the right to additional support measures from the state. The amount is indexed annually, but for the period from 2017 to 2018, it is set at 453,026 rubles. You can spend the received funds in different ways:
- to improve housing conditions;
- as a parent’s pension savings;
- getting a child’s education;
- purchase of goods or services necessary for the adaptation of a disabled child in society.
People who have lost their jobs under certain circumstances, the state pays a monthly allowance. The allowance is assigned from the first month of registering a person in the employment center. The minimum amount that a citizen relies on is 850 rubles, the maximum on which he can count is 4900 rubles. Its value is calculated in each case separately and depends on the person’s previous earnings:
- 1-3 months – 75%;
- 4-7 – 60%;
- 8-12 – 45%;
- further – 1 minimum wage, to which the district coefficient is applied.
Social assistance to people with disabilities
People who have lost their ability to work partially or fully are under special protection of the state. They are paid pensions and benefits, material support and certain benefits are provided. The implementation of these programs takes place at the federal and regional levels, and the amount of payments directly depends on the degree of health impairment and the assigned disability group..
The state provides for several types of pensions for people with disabilities:
- Labor. It should be given to persons who have any work experience, but who are recognized as disabled due to industrial injury or occupational disease.
- State. It is paid to citizens holding a war veteran certificate, military personnel, residents of besieged Leningrad, astronauts, people affected by radiation or man-made disasters.
- Social. Assigned to persons with disabilities 1, 2, 3 groups, people with disabilities from childhood and children with disabilities.
Benefits and free services for the disabled
State social assistance in 2018 is to provide benefits for the purchase of medicines, medical products, treatment in sanatoriums and more. Additionally, people with disabilities can use a number of services for free if they are single citizens or the average income per family member is below the subsistence minimum:
- legal assistance;
- cleaning of premises;
- preferential registration of property rights;
- accompaniment for treatment to a medical institution;
- purchase of food and essentials.
State support for the elderly
Elderly citizens who retire on a well-deserved rest receive retirement benefits from the state. It is paid to everyone who has reached the age specified by law and depends on the length of service. Since January 2018, labor pensions have been indexed by 3.7%. Elderly people who continue to work are not provided with an increase in allowance.
A person who has not been able to work out the required number of years, as evidenced by an entry in the work book, receives a social pension. They will be recalculated from April by 4.1%. Provided that the pension does not reach the subsistence level, the state makes an additional payment, and the regional authorities establish their level of BPM.
Citizens who have reached retirement age and persons with disabilities are eligible for home assistance. For its registration, you need to contact the district integrated center or social services department in your region and write a statement to which you must attach the necessary documents. It is assigned to single people if they are not able to move independently and are not able to provide their own needs completely.
Preferential medical care
The list of preferences and benefits provided to pensioners is reviewed annually. State social support of older people in the field of health care is:
- assistance in outpatient clinics at the place of residence and outpatient outpatient departments;
- discounts in the pharmacy network for the purchase of medicines;
- prosthetics and dental treatment;
- acquisition of technical rehabilitation.
Once a year, pensioners can recover for free in any sanatorium on the territory of Russia. Additionally, the state will reimburse travel expenses to and from the place of rest. To obtain a free ticket, you must write a statement and be sure to attach to it the opinion of the attending physician, as a basis for undergoing spa treatment. If at the moment there is no necessary permit, the pensioner is put on the queue and is informed about the free space no later than two weeks before the start of the arrival.
Benefits for single mothers
According to the law, state social assistance in 2018 for single mothers is no different from payments provided for full families, if such a woman’s income level is not less than the subsistence level. Then she is entitled to additional payments, the amount of which depends on the number of minors in the family and per capita income. For additional payments you must contact the MFC. In many regions, additional benefits exist for mothers raising a child on their own..
State social assistance to students in 2018
Every citizen of the Russian Federation has the right to receive free higher or secondary technical education on a competitive basis. Students who study in full-time departments of budget departments are eligible for scholarships. A number of persons have the right to receive social scholarships through the state:
- orphans and children left without parental care;
- disabled people;
- victims of radiation disasters;
- persons brought up in unsecured families;
- military personnel who have served under the contract for more than three years.
The state has set a monthly minimum, which educational institutions must pay to such persons:
- students – 730 rubles;
- students 2010 rubles.