The content of the article
- What is a one-time allowance
- One-time payment for the birth of a child
- Who pays
- Who gets
- Receiving a lump-sum benefit at birth
- What documents are needed
- When paid
- Payment term
- Where to get
- The amount of a lump sum at birth
- At birth twins
- At the birth of a second child
- At the birth of a third child
A lump-sum benefit at birth is paid shortly after the submission of the necessary documents, which must be provided within six months from the birth. This is one of the few sums of money that relies on each appeared baby to one of the parents (father or mother) or to the person replacing them. From February 1, 2019, a lump-sum charge for childbirth is 16350.33 rubles.
What is a one-time allowance
The current Russian system of state social assistance includes compensation and several types of incentive cash. A one-time allowance at the birth of a child is one of such charges for a baby who was born. Money can be received by one of the parents or guardian, regardless of their social status or profession.
There are other types of state financial assistance from the federal fund to families with children:
- maternal capital;
- maternity transfer;
- single accrual for pregnancy in the early stages;
- one-time maintenance upon adoption or upon admission to a child’s upbringing;
- one-time monetary support of the pregnant wife of a military man who is in military service;
- monthly maintenance for the care of a baby up to one and a half years;
- monthly maintenance per child of a conscript soldier;
- lump-sum compensation after the birth of a newborn in the family;
- additional one-time accrual to a young family at the birth of a baby;
- sums due to the death of the breadwinner.
One-time payment for the birth of a child
One of the parents or the guardian of the child can receive the money. A lump-sum payment after childbirth is assigned to the mother or father – both the employed person in the form of social insurance and the unemployed parent in the form of social security established by the state. The size of the lump-sum allowance at the birth of a child is established at the date of birth under Article 11 of the Federal Law of May 19, 1995 No. 81. If the baby was born in August 2019, then the amount is calculated in the amount valid this month.
Formally arranged parents of the born baby are paid by the employer. If only mother or father works, accruals are made on this person. In a situation where both parents or the person performing their duties do not work, the funds are paid by the social security authority at the place of actual residence or stay at the address of the registration of the father, mother or person replacing them by decision of the guardianship authority.
When the marriage between the spouses is dissolved, a lump-sum payment at birth is allocated to the parent with whom the baby lives together. Money will be paid at the place of official employment or social protection if this person does not have a job (Section 27 of the Procedure approved by Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of December 23, 2009 No. 1012n).
Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation dated December 23, 2009 No. 1012n and the Law on Children’s Benefits dated May 19, 1995 No. 81-FZ stipulated that only one person can receive payments: mother, father or guardian of the baby. The lump-sum monetary accrual is due to the following groups of persons having Russian citizenship:
- To the father, mother or substitute person in connection with the onset of motherhood, subject to and inappropriate compulsory social insurance in the event of temporary disability.
- To the representatives of civilian personnel of the military units of the Russian Federation located in the territory of foreign states, when the content is indicated by international treaties.
- Full-time students in colleges, universities and higher education institutions on a paid and free basis.
- Persons serving in the fire service, institutions and bodies of the penal system, at customs, in the bodies for combating narcotic substances, serving on a contract basis and employees of the police department.
- Payments are also reimbursed to employees sent to dismissal due to the movement of a military unit across the territory of Russia, the withdrawal of armed forces from foreign countries to the Russian Federation, after the expiration of the employment contract in military units located outside the Russian Federation, and as a result of the transfer of her husband to serve in Russia.
Receiving a lump-sum benefit at birth
In order to receive the due payments, parents must submit a package of necessary documents at the place of employment or service of the employee. If the father and mother are unemployed, then the prepared papers must be handed over to the social security of the population at the place of permanent residence of one of the parents. In some regions of Russia there is a different procedure for receiving benefits, but you need to apply to the regional branch of the social insurance fund.
What documents are needed
The set of papers required to receive money is different when the recipients are employed or unemployed. What documents are needed to receive a one-time allowance if a mother, father or guardian works, studies or serves? The following papers are provided for this:
- a certificate issued by the registry office after state registration of the child;
- baby’s birth certificate;
- application for the appointment of a one-time charge;
- a certificate from the social protection of the population from a non-working person about non-receipt of payment;
- certificate of refusal to receive benefits from one of the parents at the place of employment, if the father and mother have official work;
- certificate issued by the registry office to single mothers on the inclusion of information about the father in the birth certificate of the baby.
If the father and mother are unemployed, the following originals or copies of documents are required:
- certificate issued by the registry office;
- copy of the birth certificate of the baby;
- application for benefits;
- a copy of the labor book of mom and father with a note of dismissal;
- single mothers need to submit a certificate issued by the FSS body about not receiving benefits if the woman is registered as an individual entrepreneur;
- single mothers need to take a certificate from the registry office justifying the inclusion of information about the father in the birth certificate of the baby.
The procedure for calculating and transferring funds by the employer and social security authorities varies in terms of time. Payments must be made in the following period:
- the employer is obliged to manage to accrue and transfer the allowance within ten days from the date of receipt of the package of documents from the employee;
- social protection authorities assign payment in ten days, and they must transfer the money no later than the twenty-sixth day following the month in which the documents were submitted.
The period for applying for a one-time maternity allowance is six months. Parents can contact the organization from the date of birth until the child reaches the age of six months. After the deadline for submitting documents, the allowance will not be assigned. The size of this one-time amount is fixed. It is paid regardless of whether the recipient has official employment. If a person works, then the accruals come from social insurance. Otherwise, in the form of social security..
Basic rules for calculating benefits:
- if there are several children, then the allowance is transferred to each of them;
- no payment is due when the baby is born dead.
Where to get
Social security authorities transfer the amount of a one-time cash allowance for the appearance of the baby to the beneficiary’s account with the bank, if these data are indicated in the submitted application. At the request of the person to whom the payments are assigned (mother, father or the person replacing them), one-time content can be transferred through the nearest post office of the Russian Post.
The amount of a lump sum at birth
The initial amount of payment after the birth of the baby is 8,000 rubles, but for subsequent transfer it is increased by the indexation coefficient and the district coefficient, established each year by the Government of the Russian Federation on February 1. The amount of a single payment at the birth of a baby after calculating the size of indexation by a coefficient of 1,054 from February 1, 2019 is 16,350 rubles 33 kopecks.
The size depends on the region where the parents live with the baby, as in some regions of the Federation additional regional payments are assigned. If the recipient of the benefit is an employee of the Far North, then the amount is calculated taking into account the regional coefficient. The lump-sum accrual is the same for a husband, wife, or for a woman who has given birth to a child out of wedlock. Family income does not affect accrual. The minimum amount is 16350.33 rubles, and the maximum size is calculated taking into account the regional coefficient.
At birth twins
The accrual under consideration must be provided for each baby born of twins, triples or quadruples, according to Article 11 of the Federal Law No. 81 of 05/19/1995. Following from this, the total amount of money increases in proportion to the number of newborns. The resulting number is an invariable figure, which does not depend on the level of income. The amount may be increased for regions where district coefficients are used. For example, in the Far North.
At the birth of a second child
A lump-sum monetary charge at the birth of the second baby is provided in the same manner as when the first-born is born. The amount of 16350 rubles 33 kopecks is issued to one recipient. It is important not to miss the six-month deadline for applying for it, otherwise you will have to prove that this happened for a good reason. If this does not work out, then the money will not be calculated.
At the birth of a third child
A single accrual when a third baby is born occurs similarly to previous cases. In addition to this amount, parents with many children can receive additional financial assistance: one-time compensation, financial support for a young family, subsidies and other benefits. The amount of regional financial assistance depends on the number of children – with each subsequent child it increases.