The content of the article
- What is a thermal imager for a smartphone
- Fields of application
- The best models
- Seek thermal
- Flir one
- How to choose
An additional device is one of the consoles that accurately displays the temperature range on the screen of the gadget. More recently, the purchase of such a device was not cheap. The price of devices starts in Moscow and the region from 100-150 thousand rubles for the popular models based on iOS or Android from Flir one and Seek thermal.
What is a thermal imager for a smartphone
The standard thermal imager for the phone is the size of a small mp3 player. A feature of the device is the microUSB connector, with which it is installed on a gadget running iOS or Android. In this addition, a camera is already installed, which with a high resolution matrix has two types of work: standard mode for a smartphone.
A proprietary thermal imager program for Android or a gadget from Apple provides the opportunity not only to see the picture in this mode, but also to take pictures for further viewing. With these properties, a smartphone with a thermal imager can be used not only in private but also in commercial fields. The sensor matrix of the device provides a full image.
The thermal imager works according to the standard principle, like the professional equipment of this category. An infrared camera captures the image and captures thermal radiation (IR signals), converting it into an electronic signal. A phone with an additional device shows the temperature of objects, and the range of cameras is very long. A mobile thermal imager with an installed magnesium sensor can capture temperature at a distance of more than a kilometer. The price of the gadget does not affect this indicator.
Some models of the device work both from a regular smartphone battery and from a built-in one. The autonomy of the gadget on iPhone or Android makes it mobile. Synchronization with the gadget is carried out using the lightning connector (for iphone) or microUSB (thermal imager on Android). The temperature is fixed in the entire range – from 0 to 100 degrees Celsius or more.
Fields of application
The presence of an infrared camera in the devices significantly expands the scope of their application. You can order the desired gadget model in the online store for the following purposes:
- Use on the hunt. With the help of compact thermal imagers, you can track and see animals even in fog, during rain or in the forest for hundreds of meters.
- Application when working with insulation (commercial use). Indicators pinpoint heat loss.
- Entertainment. Given that you can buy a device for several hundred dollars, this option will be a useful and bright present for your friend or loved one (such a gift will always look expensive and presentable).
The best models
Today, in St. Petersburg, Moscow and other cities, you can purchase thermal imagers from two manufacturers with or without a stock: Seek Thermal and Flir One. These companies offer devices on Apple or gadgets based on Android (Huawei, Samsung and others). Manufacturers have achieved high durability of the case and quality of pixels – this is evidenced by positive customer reviews. By comparing the characteristics, you can purchase the desired model for sale with the delivery service by mail or courier.
Seek Thermal thermal imagers are available in different price ranges. Depending on what you want to receive and what characteristics are key for you, you can choose the appropriate model. An expensive option is the professional version:
- model name: Seek Thermal Compact PRO;
- cost: 45 000 rubles;
- characteristics: range of 550 meters, temperature maximum 330 ° C; sensitivity up to 0.07 degrees, frames change with a frequency of 15 GHz;
- pluses: high image quality, range up to 500 m, maximum sensitivity;
- cons: cost.
More affordable, but with a small set of functions, significantly lower sensitivity and low frame rate, is Compact XR. Its characteristics:
- model name: Seek Thermal Compact XR;
- price: 24 000 rubles;
- characteristics: range 500 m, temperature maximum 330 ° C, sensitivity up to 0.1 degrees, frame rate (CMS) 9 GHz;
- pluses: range up to 500 meters, price;
- cons: low speed changing pictures.
There are several more thermal imagers in this line. The relatively inexpensive model can be called the Compact model, which has a standard set of features and a price of only 19,000 rubles:
- model name: Seek Thermal Compact;
- price: 19 000 rubles;
- parameters: range 250 m, temperature maximum 330 ° C, sensitivity up to 0.1 degrees, FSM 9 GHz;
- Pros: affordable cost;
- cons: low range.
Budget options are offered by another manufacturer – Flir Van, who has already managed to earn the trust of customers in the domestic market. Of the inexpensive models, the eponymous Flir One is popular:
- model name: Flir One;
- price: from 17 000 rubles;
- parameters: range 60 meters, temperature maximum 120 ° C, ChSM 9 GHz, sensitivity up to 0.15 degrees;
- Pros: affordable cost;
- cons: too small range.
More expensive, but already with better characteristics (increased range), stands the GEN model. The cost is slightly higher, but remains affordable:
- model name: Flir One GEN 3;
- price: from 20 000 rubles;
- parameters: range of 100 meters, temperature maximum 120 ° C, ChSM 9 GHz, sensitivity up to 0.15 degrees;
- pluses: reliability;
- cons: high cost.
The most expensive gadget in the lineup, with improved range, is the GEN 3 PRO. The range of the device is already 120 m, which is 20 m more than in the previous model:
- model name: Flir One GEN 3 PRO;
- price: from 22 thousand rubles;
- characteristics: range 120 meters, temperature maximum 120 ° C, ChSM 9 GHz, sensitivity up to 0.15 degrees;
- pluses: reliability and durability;
- cons: high price.
How to choose
The factors that customers rely on when choosing such a product are: the availability of discounts, the use of msx technology, the appearance of the gadget. More important are the parameters that you need to focus on when buying such a device:
- the presence of a connector that is suitable for your smartphone;
- the quality of thermal imaging images in various color palettes (images are available on the Internet and submitted by the manufacturer or users);
- price (original models can cost from 15,000 rubles);
- the range of determining the temperature of objects and the range of their fixation;
- the presence of a dual camera (many manufacturers added not only infrared, but also a standard camera to improve the quality of photos and videos of the smartphone).