The content of the article
- Possible reasons for turning off the laptop
- Laptop overheats
- Turns on and off immediately
- During the game
- When running on battery power
- When disconnected from the network
- What to do if the laptop turns itself off
Faced with the problem of arbitrary shutdown of the laptop can be both active and novice users. The laptop shuts down unexpectedly, so you may not have time to save important data for work or school. Why does the laptop turn off by itself? If there is no way to give the computer for repair to a service center, you should try to determine the root of the problem yourself.
Possible reasons for turning off the laptop
Why does the laptop turn off by itself? It can reboot when the chips get very hot. Turning the computer on and then immediately shutting off indicates potential power problems. The disconnection during the game is a result of dust accumulated on the fan or a driver mismatch. Sometimes shutdown occurs only when running on battery power, which indicates a malfunction of the latter.
The laptop warms up and the system turns off due to the following factors:
- Natural dusting. Through the holes in the cooling system, particles fall on the fan. This slows down the rotation of the blades, which is the answer to the question why the laptop is warming.
- Drying thermal paste. This process does not affect the operation of the cooler. The processor starts to overheat due to a violation of heat transfer to it.
- Cooling failure. After some time, the fan axes go astray and it stops functioning normally.
- The surface the machine is placed on is too soft. This disrupts the natural ventilation of the enclosure from below..
- Possible virus infection, due to which the laptop heats up and shuts down.
Turns on and off immediately
Sometimes the device ends its work at the stage of loading the operating system, i.e. without overheating. Here is the problem in nutrition. They connect it with a breakdown of the battery, power supply or charging socket. If the laptop turns on and immediately turns off, this is a hardware malfunction, i.e. BIOS firmware violation. The program is a repository of all settings and system data of the computer. In addition to these reasons, there are several more:
- short circuit in the motherboard;
- malfunction of the central processor;
- bridge problems.
During the game
The laptop computer is in excellent condition while working in regular programs, but why, when you play, can it suddenly shut down? Here are a few reasons why this problem occurs:
- dusty fan and insufficient cooling of the processor;
- mismatch of the device model drivers;
- software failure with increased load on the video card and processor.
When running on battery power
The device can work perfectly from the network, but turn off during operation from the charger. This is indicated by an incorrect display of the percentage of charge. The battery indicator does not detect it, and when the power is pulled out, the device just suddenly turns off. There are reasons for this:
- battery malfunction;
- end of battery life;
- faults in the charge controller.
When disconnected from the network
If the device connected to the network works without interruptions, and when the power plug is pulled out, it turns off sharply – this indicates a battery problem. It is rather discharged, faulty, or its resources have already been exhausted due to prolonged use. The battery life of the device varies from 2 to 3 years. If the computer is still new, then this is a factory defect. Incorrect power settings of the device affect its state. If you disconnect the “laptop” from the power supply, the screen on the laptop goes out and the device goes into sleep mode.
What to do if the laptop turns itself off
Whatever the reason, the PC shuts down, it has its own solution:
- Cleaning. In case of overheating with special programs, determine the temperature of the processor. If it exceeds 90 ° C, then clean the cooling system from dust. Noise and temperature will then decrease..
- Antivirus. If there are viruses in the system, update their database and perform a comprehensive scan with programs – Kaspersky or Cureit.
- Updating or reinstalling drivers. The problem lies in the inconsistency of these laptop model programs. For example, you cannot install toshiba or acer drivers on lenovo and vice versa. For this reason, uninstall all old hardware drivers, download them from the official website of your manufacturer and reinstall.
- Rollback firmware. To fix the problem, restore the firmware version that was stable. If that doesn’t help, fully update the BIOS program..
- Reinstalling the operating system. Unstable system behavior you can fix by completely reinstalling Windows. This will help get rid of viruses that the antivirus program did not detect..
- Power check. If the problem is a faulty battery, replace it. Before you panic, check if the power supply is connected, if the cord and plug are damaged. Why does the laptop screen turn off? Make sure that the power settings are set correctly so that the computer does not “fall asleep” when disconnected from the network.
Even experienced computer users sometimes cannot find the answer, why does the laptop turn off by itself. Due to the variety of reasons for spontaneous shutdown, you have to double-check the personal computer for the presence of any changes. It could be viruses, overheating, or software crashes. In order not to delve into the device’s settings for a long time, it’s worth watching a useful video. It contains recommendations for priority actions in the event of a shutdown problem..