The content of the article
- Syrup from water and sugar
- Milk syrup
- Coffee impregnation
- Recipe with brandy or rum
- Chocolate Biscuit Impregnation
In the manufacture of any confectionery there are subtleties. For biscuit cake, the liquid that impregnates and saturates the cakes is extremely important. Biscuit impregnation is used in a variety of ways, so that each cake gets a special taste.
Syrup from water and sugar
Extremely easy to prepare is sugar syrup for impregnation of biscuit. It goes well with any berries, fruits and creams. Lemon juice or berry jam added to add a touch of sourness.
- sugar – 8 tbsp. spoons;
- water – 13 tbsp. spoons;
- lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Combine sugar with water in a small saucepan, stir, put on fire.
- Add lemon juice, cook until boiling.
- When the water boils, make sure that the sugar has completely dissolved, turn off.
- Allow to cool slightly. The amount obtained is enough to soak 2 cakes.
To obtain milk syrup, milk, sugar and vanilla are boiled together to obtain aromatic milk impregnation for biscuit. Conventional milk is often replaced by condensed milk, it gives a more rich creamy taste. Vanilla powder can be replaced with rum essence, which is good for cakes with tropical fruits.
- water – 250 ml;
- condensed milk – 200 g;
- rum essence – 2-3 drops.
- Dilute condensed milk in water, bring to a boil.
- When it boils, turn off, add essence, cool slightly.
An excellent option is coffee impregnation for biscuit cake. Prepare it on the basis of instant or brewed coffee. The second option is preferable, since natural coffee gives the products a more pronounced and sophisticated flavor. Cognac or brandy alcohol is added as desired..
- coffee – 2 tsp;
- water – 1.5 cups;
- cognac – 40 ml;
- sugar – 120 g.
- Brew coffee in half a glass of boiling water.
- Stir in the remaining water, boil.
- Strain coffee solution, mix with syrup and cognac.
Recipe with brandy or rum
As impregnation for cakes, alcohol is sometimes used: rum or cognac. Rum is added to milk or sugar syrup, with more cognac variations. You can, for example, make a mixture of cognac with cherry juice.
- cherry juice – 200 ml;
- sugar – 70 g;
- cognac – 50 ml.
- Stir the sugar in the cherry juice until completely dissolved.
- Pour in alcohol, stir, do not need to boil.
Chocolate Biscuit Impregnation
Chocolate sponge cake harmonizes well with caramel soak. For its manufacture, instead of the usual condensed milk, boiled is needed; it provides a caramel note. In the cooking process, the main thing is constant stirring, in order to avoid burning.
- milk – 1 cup;
- boiled condensed milk – 4-5 tbsp. spoons;
- cognac essence – 2 drops.
- Stir in regular and condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, after boiling for a minute, turn off.
- Dripping cognac essence, stir.