Structurally, the chalk film consists of slate paper, which is coated on one side with an adhesive and on the other with a polymer. This is a versatile coating on which you can draw not only with chalk, but also with a marker. The glue on slate paper is completely safe, the material is environmentally friendly and can be used in children’s rooms as well.
Important! Chalk film has similar characteristics to slate paint, which the portal devoted a separate article to. The effect is the same – on a wall or furniture covered with such a finish, you can safely draw, write, erase and write again. However, the chalk film is easier to use, it is easier to stick it where you need it, you do not need to paint and somehow prepare the surface. Therefore, it has clear advantages over blackboard paint..
Chalk film is sold most often in rolls 1.2 meters wide. But you can also find separate A4 and A6 sheets. The film can be cut from a roll to the size required by the owners.
You can attach the chalk film to the following surfaces:
- Ceramic tiles, tiles.
- Painted wall.
- Wood, including smooth wood panels and furniture fronts.
- Wallpaper with a smooth surface.
Important! The adhesive base of the film does not harm the surface on which it is attached. That is, then the film can be carefully removed and you will again have just a painted wall or panel, a clean end of the cabinet, and so on..
There is a separate type – magnetic chalk films. They cost almost twice as expensive as usual, but they can be used not only for drawing, but also for attaching magnets. Magnetic chalk films are vinyl based and weigh more than slate.
Chalk film has many advantages:
- Serves a long time, calmly “survives” about 10 thousand erasures.
- No special products are needed, drawings and inscriptions can be erased simply with a damp soft cloth.
- It costs significantly less than an easel and a drawing board.
- No need to buy a whole roll, the store will cut a piece to your size.
- You can attach anywhere, if necessary, remove and transfer to another place.
- Can be used immediately after installation.
- You can draw with colored crayons and markers..
- There is not only black, but also white, green, blue, red, yellow, gray chalk film, so you can choose the option suitable for decorating an interesting interior.
- From the film, you can cut a variety of figures that will look great on a neutral wall, becoming a decorative element.
Chalk films are ideal for decorating a children’s room. Such a covering on the floor looks very interesting – a child can draw as on asphalt. In the kitchen, a chalk sticker can be attached to the refrigerator, decorate the end of the headset and the dining area. It will be convenient to write recipes and announce the menu to household members. Often, chalk films are attached to interior doors, which practically become an easel..
Popular manufacturers of chalk films include D-C-Fix, Gekkofix, Le Vanille, Patifix and Hongda brands. The price is about 500 rubles per linear meter of a standard width of 1.2 meters.
Video on how to glue the chalk film: