A kleimer means a perforated metal clip, that is, a plate. It is customary to mark such a mount with numbers from 1 to 6. The marking is designed to reflect the main indicator of the kleimer – the distance from its tongue to the base. This is a very important difference, because different size clamps are used for fastening different materials..
|Cleamer tongue height in millimeters (Marking No.)||Appointment|
|1||Wall plastic panels and vinyl clapboard|
|2||MDF panels are added to wall plastic panels and vinyl lining|
|3||Euro lining and chipboard panels|
|five||Lining made from linden and aspen|
|6||Also lining made of aspen and linden, as well as a block house|
The kleimer platform can have from one to four holes, usually three different diameters. The tongue (tooth) can be forked or solid. It is he who holds the lamella due to the characteristic properties of the elastic metal. Nails are hammered into the holes or self-tapping screws are screwed in. Usually, clamps for building materials are sold in packs of 100-500 pieces, often the set includes nails up to 2.5 centimeters long from the same manufacturer.
200 kleimers will be enough to sheathe a wall with finishing material or, for example, build a floor on a terrace up to 10 square meters.
Most often, clays are made of ordinary carbon steel, and are coated with zinc to protect against corrosion. If the kleimer is brown or yellow, this indicates the presence of an anodized coating (a special oxide film on the metal). For fastening a wooden plinth, the kleimer can be made of polymers.
And for external work, in particular, facade cladding, where the fasteners will be partially visible and exposed to intense external influences, stainless steel clamps are used, which can be additionally protected with colored enamels and powder compositions. By the way, this color of the fasteners allows you to select them to match the facade cladding..
It is clear that the kleimer must be reliable – if you can unbend it with your fingers, how will it hold the skin! The thickness of the metal is usually 0.5–0.55 millimeters, there are reinforced options up to 1 millimeter thick. Two more quality indicators are the absence of burrs and clear geometry..
What is usually fixed with clamps is a block house, lining, imitation of a bar, that is, lumber, as well as porcelain stoneware, layers of the ventilation facade. The advantages of this type of fastener include:
- No pre-drilling required, the installation process is simple and accessible even to inexperienced homeowners.
- There is no risk of damaging the cladding, a light and small hammer is used, it is enough to drive a nail into the hole of the cleaimer without leaving chips or dents. For self-tapping screws, a screwdriver or screwdriver is used.
- The lining and other finishing materials are fixed firmly, while the lamella remains able to move in the longitudinal direction. This is important, for example, in a sauna, steam room, where the wood can expand slightly when heated.
- The cladding is easy to disassemble if necessary, while there will be no external damage.
- Fastenings are hidden, the surface is solid, aesthetic.
The cost of the kleimer is available – from 9-14 rubles per piece. And you can find options for 40 rubles per box with 100 clays. Although the price will depend on the size and the metal used in the manufacture – some options can cost up to 60 rubles per piece.