It is very desirable to equip the recreation area on the site in the shade, otherwise the sun’s rays will not allow you to spend much time here. There are many ways to provide shade to your patio. One of the popular options remains sun umbrellas, which our tips site decided to devote this article to..
The portal has already written about how to choose a place for a patio on the site. It is highly desirable that this recreation area is under a canopy, at least a pergola, against the wall of the house or under a spreading tree. If this is not possible, you can always buy a sun umbrella that is easy to install anywhere, protecting the patio from the sun’s rays and, partially, from the rain..
When choosing a sun umbrella, you need to pay attention to the following criteria:
- Dimensions. He must protect the main part of the recreation area. Most often it is a table and chairs, benches around it;
- The material of the umbrella itself, street fabric. Experts say the ideal choice is 100% recycled polyester with an impregnation that adds water repellency;
- Frame material. Plastic won’t work! It is advisable to choose umbrellas with a sturdy metal frame, steel or powder coated aluminum. There are wooden-framed umbrellas, such as teak, but they are less common and can cost more;
- Opening mechanism. It should be comfortable and reliable;
- Installation method. Will the base need to be concreted to ensure strength? Or does the stand already provide this and allows you to carry the umbrella, hide it for the winter? The second option is preferable.
The color of the sun umbrella can be any, there are many models. However, we recommend choosing textiles in neutral colors. It fade much less in the sun than bright fabrics. In addition, neutral beige, green umbrellas blend in better with the surrounding landscape design..
The patio area will look very interesting in the evening if you place string lights-garlands under the umbrella, on its mounts.
Traditionally, sun umbrellas are located around the pool. This is a logical choice. It is not necessary to equip a seating area here, you can just put an umbrella by the sun lounger.
It is very advisable to cover the sun umbrellas in strong winds. After all, gusts of wind can break or bend even a strong frame..
Umbrellas with mosquito nets are a good insect repellent option when dining outdoors.
The price for sun umbrellas will be different, it all depends on the size, manufacturers, materials. On average, an outdoor, garden patio umbrella will cost from 2 to 16 thousand rubles.