The main difference between a cascade mixer and conventional “brethren” is the way of water supply. It forms not a stream of water, traditionally round in cross section, but a wide stream. Moreover, the flow width will depend on the size and design of the mixer itself. It turns out to be a very attractive mini-waterfall. It is easy to imagine yourself in the bathroom when such comfortable conditions are created – the waterfall is nearby and the water flow is noticeably more powerful.
By the way, this is one of the advantages of cascade mixers – the bath can be filled with water faster than with a conventional tap..
The second undoubted plus is that the cascade mixer will definitely become the subject of bathroom decor, this is a very modern option.
According to the installation method, cascade mixers, however, like conventional ones, are divided into the following types:
- Placed on the sides of the bathroom. This option is suitable for small rooms, and is also used in cases where the hidden distribution of water pipes has already been installed. It is important that the side of the bathroom matches the width of the mixer..
- Wall mounted. It can be placed not only above the bathroom, but also in the shower stall as an additional source of water. Conveniently, you can choose the optimal height for the mixer.
- Outdoor. Rare, more expensive, more space required.
- For washbasins. It is clear that they are used for sinks, they can be located both on the countertop and on the sink itself.
Cascade mixers can be quite classic in shape, or they can be very unusual – in the form of a minimalistic curved plate or bowl. As a material for the manufacture of cascade mixers, not only stainless steel is used, but also brass, bronze, glass and ceramics. The price will directly depend on the material used, model, configuration, manufacturer.
When choosing such a mixer, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Water mixing mechanism, for example, a crane-box or lever.
- Dimensions of the mounting platform.
- Running water flow width.
- Is it possible to connect a shower head with a hose.
As you can see, models of cascade mixers can be very different, even with backlighting. The cost can vary from 4 to 25 thousand rubles.