First of all, you should decide on the size and type of sink. There are many options here.
1. The simplest sink with one bowl, no additional features. If the sink is deep enough to put a large pot under the tap, this is a good option..
2. Sink with one bowl, but with a “wing”, a place where you can put washed dishes or put wet vegetables to drain a little. This is already an additional function, convenient and practical..
3. Sinks with two bowls, allowing you to perform separate tasks – to clean and wash vegetables, fruits, wash dishes. Usually bowls of different sizes – larger and smaller, but there are options with the same sinks. In addition, a sink with two bowls can also have an additional wing and even two on both sides..
4. Rarely, but there are triple sinks with three bowls. They take up a lot of space on the tabletop, especially if supplemented with a wing. This is already an option for those who really often cook and spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Usually this option is used – a household waste shredder, a disposer is built into an additional bowl.
Important! For double and triple sinks, you need a matching tap, swivel, positioned so that all bowls can be used comfortably.
In addition, kitchen sinks can be of different shapes: traditional rectangular, square, round, even in the form of a petal, irregular shape, in general – almost anything, even very exotic.
Separately, we can highlight the farmhouse sink, always large, roomy sinks, whose bowl stands out from the table top, protruding or, on the contrary, “falling through” from the general row. These sinks are popular in Western countries, are made from different materials and usually look a little retro. Conveniently, one or two bowls, they are always very roomy. The sink can be lowered in relation to the countertop for easier handling.
As for the materials from which modern kitchen sinks are usually made, the choice is also great:
- The leader is still stainless steel, the practical and most inexpensive option..
- Sinks made of artificial stone, composite, are popular integrated, representing a single whole with the countertop. But they can also be ordinary, built-in, different from the countertop, as they become more affordable and more common..
- Ceramic sinks made of earthenware or porcelain, have slightly lost their popularity, but are still relevant now.
- Copper sinks are found, but expensive, so they remain rare.
- Exclusive options also include natural stone sinks.
Choose a sink that will meet your needs in shape and size, allow you to comfortably do your daily chores in the kitchen and create a harmonious interior, a single concept. The choice of material, of course, is often limited by financial capabilities, but still large enough.