Translation of a garden house into a residential one: step by step instructions

Many owners of summer cottages and garden houses are thinking about transferring the building to the status of a residential building. However, the procedure itself, the collection of documents and bureaucratic obstacles scare the owners. Our tips site will provide step-by-step instructions for converting a garden house into a residential.

To begin with, let us clarify that not every garden house can be converted into residential property. The structure must meet the following requirements:

  • Have a foundation.
  • The height of the ceilings is not less than 2.5 meters, in the attic and in the corridors – not less than 2.1 meters.
  • The premises must be warmed up to a temperature of at least +18 ° C. It doesn’t matter what kind of heating will be – gas, stove, electric, the main thing is that the rooms are warm.
  • Humidity up to 60%.
  • The kitchen must be at least 6 square meters, the living room (it can be one) – at least 12 “squares”, the bathroom – 0.96 square meters, the bath – from 1.8 “square”.
  • Every living room and kitchen must have at least one window.
  • If the village has central communications, including sewerage and water supply, then the house must be connected to them.

Important! If there are no central communications, you can provide the house with amenities thanks to a well and a septic tank. Gasification, of course, is not required. Anyway, the building will be able to receive the status of residential real estate if all other requirements have been met.

  • Bearing walls and roofs must be reliable.
  • A house cannot be moved to another location without destroying it.

The building must be thoroughly constructed, designed for comfortable living all year round, meet the SNiP and Technical Regulations. Only in this case, the garden house will be able to obtain the status of a residential.

A capital structure must have a technical passport, other permits. In addition, the purpose of the site is very important – not “gardening”, but “gardening”. The site must be allowed to build residential buildings.

To transfer a garden house to a residential one, you need to go to the nearest MFC or local government with a package of documents:

  • Permits from other owners of the garden house, certified by a notary.
  • Regular extract from USRN.
  • Household title documents.
  • Application indicating the cadastral numbers of the house and plot, as well as their address. The application must indicate the address, real or electronic, to which the owner wants to receive a response from the local administration.
  • The conclusion of the cadastral engineer that the building is really built thoroughly and can act as a permanent place of residence.

The list of documents, as you can see, is not large. The problem can arise only with the conclusion of the cadastral engineer. He needs to be called to the site where the garden house is located, so that the specialist will carry out all the necessary research and measurements. We strongly advise you to choose a cadastral engineer from the list presented on the Rosreestr website or among members of specialized SROs! You need a qualified professional who has permission to work in this area so that the documents issued by him are legally binding.

The services of a cadastral engineer representing an SRO cost from 8 thousand rubles for a survey of one house. The cost can increase if the site is far away or has a large area.

The local administration has the right to consider the documents submitted for the transfer of a garden house to a residential 45 days. They can refuse for the following reasons:

  • The intended purpose of the site does not imply the construction of a residential building.
  • Not the entire package of documents has been collected.
  • The statement was not written by the owner of the site and the house.

Of course, the conclusion of the cadastral engineer must indicate that the house can be used as residential. Otherwise, it makes no sense at all to contact the local authorities, hoping to change the status of the building..

Perhaps, before calling a cadastral engineer, you will have to strengthen the foundation, attach a bathroom, insulate the walls, provide heating … That is, prepare the house for a change in status, make it habitable.

After a positive decision of the local administration is received, it will be necessary to make changes to the USRN, order a new technical plan of the house from the BTI, and assign it a postal address.

Converting a garden house into a residential one has clear advantages:

  • It will be possible to officially register at this address.
  • You can get a tax deduction, that is, return part of the personal income tax that was paid to the city treasury.
  • You can switch to a rural tariff and pay 30% less for electricity.
  • You can use the house as collateral if you need to take out a bank loan.

The portal wrote how to transfer a residential apartment to the status of non-residential premises. It is easier to convert a garden house to a residential one. The main thing is that the building actually meets all the specified requirements..

Rate the article
( No ratings yet )
Add comments

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: