When the cold comes, a lot of work in the country and garden plot stop until spring. It becomes necessary to preserve, remove all available in household tool. Our tips site will show you how to do it right so that owner assistants are ready for the spring. work.
- Related Videos
Tools at all owners of private houses and There are usually a lot of dachas: a petrol cutter, a lawn mower, a rake, hoes, shovels, chainsaws … All this must be carefully preserved for the winter to ensure safety.
The ideal option for storing all inventory will be a solid and roomy barn. However, we note right away that there is a significant difference between storing tools in a private house where they live all year round, and summer cottage, where the owners come only occasionally in winter. IN in the latter case, it may turn out that the barn – unreliable storage place, it is easy to open it. If the summer cottage is uninhabited in winter, we advise you to transfer all the tools to a house that is always protected from thieves is best.
The easiest way to prepare for winter storage hand power tools:
- Rakes, shovels, hoes, saws and other garden tools must be thoroughly washed and dry.
- Be sure to repair what came in disrepair during the active summer season – change cuttings, remove rust, sharpen. In the spring you will not have time to do this.
- Wooden parts, cuttings, can be greased with sunflower oil if you are afraid that they will crack during the winter.
- It is advisable to lubricate metal parts with machine oil and roll in homemade covers from rags.
Important! During winter storage, all tools must be kept in as dry as possible, without touching earth. Reread the portal article, in which we gave ideas for convenient storage of garden tools.
Harder to prepare for winter tools, u which have an engine: petrol trimmers, chainsaws, motor cultivators, lawn mowers and etc. We advise you to adhere to the following rules:
- Clean tools from dirt and dust.
- All fuel must be drained and let the tool idle for a while to ensure the tank is dry.
- We also drain the engine oil that has already been used. Instead, fill in fresh so that the engine does not remain dry for the winter. The oil used, by the way, can be used to thoroughly wipe all parts that came into contact with earth, wood, grass.
- The spark plugs must be unscrewed, cleaned of carbon deposits and then put in place so that in no debris entered the combustion chamber.
- Check all filters, replace if necessary.
- It is advisable to store instruments in suspended on the wall. But a reliable shelf will do.
Big questions for owners is caused by the storage of welding inverters. Many people think that leaving them in an unheated room is generally impossible, they bring in home or take away from myself in city apartment.
In fact, according to user feedback, inverters are quietly transferring storage to garage or shed.
Important! In this case, you cannot immediately start using the welding inverter, which was brought in with streets in warm room. Condensation forms on it due to temperature changes. Let the device warm up and dry first. Otherwise, there is a high probability of failure of the inverter due to moisture ingress and short circuit.
For electric battery technology, you need to remove the battery, clean its terminals and recharge. We remove the battery itself, it cannot be stored at sub-zero temperatures. AND the tool is possible, until spring with him and in the barn nothing will happen.
The main rule regarding the use of a power tool brought from a cold room into warm, the same as in case with inverter – you need to wait at least two hours!
In general, the principles of storing tools in winter are simple: everything is clean, dry, greased, in its place, batteries are in warm, the fuel is completely drained. We are sure that you, as zealous owners, will take care of ensuring that home helpers are ready for work in spring.