The content of the article
- Lasagna leaves – what is it
- Ready Lasagna Sheets
- How can lasagna sheets be replaced?
- How to Make Lasagna Sheets
- How to make lasagna dough
- Lasagna dough – a recipe at home
- How to make lasagna dough – secrets from chefs
If you are a big fan of Italian cuisine and you can’t live without lasagna, try to make your own pastry for the famous puff cake. It resembles the basis for dumplings and dumplings, but has some features. How to make it right? What are the subtleties?
Lasagna leaves – what is it
Lasagna is an incredibly tasty, world famous dish originally from Italy. If you transfer such a combination of products in the Russian manner, you will get something similar to a noodle casserole with minced meat, baked under a cheese crust. In the original, lasagna is a rectangular layer of special paste (lasagna plates) that alternate with layers of meat or vegetable filling. Pour all this splendor with Bechamel sauce and bake with a delicious cheese crust..
The basis of such a casserole are thin pastry leaves for lasagna. The technology of their manufacture is identical to the production of other pasta, the difference lies solely in their special form. Lasagna leaf is a thinly rolled, rectangular sheet of dough made from durum flour (durum wheat flour). The dough is kneaded with the addition of water and eggs and it turns out to be tight but elastic.
Ready Lasagna Sheets
Since layers for lasagna are a type of paste, they are made in factories where they make pasta and are freely sold in stores. On the shelves of supermarkets there are a lot of ready-made lasagna sheets from different manufacturers. It remains only to choose and buy a package of special pasta, prepare the filling and sauce, and such a tasty, original dish can be successfully cooked at home.
How can lasagna sheets be replaced?
There are many recipes, a little interpreted by skilled housewives to simplify and reduce the cost of the cooking process. Sometimes it’s not even about money or time, but about the fact that in small provincial towns it is difficult to get a special paste. Lasagna sheets can be replaced with thin pita bread, regular noodles, sliced in layers or puff pastry without yeast. You can also use cabbage leaves, thin slices of zucchini or eggplant as a base.
How to Make Lasagna Sheets
If you still want to experiment and bake Italian layer cake, but you could not find ready-made layers, try to prepare the sheets for lasagna yourself. To do this, you need to knead the dough with only four components: flour, water, eggs, salt, then roll it thinly and form plates. Some chefs cook dough with the addition of muffin, but this is a matter of taste. It can be rolled out in two ways – using a conventional rolling pin or a special machine. After that, the base is dried a little and start cooking casseroles.
How to make lasagna dough
Cooking pasta is the most time-consuming step in the recipe of a traditional Italian dish, but the look and taste of the pie directly depends on it. To make do-it-yourself lasagna sheets, it will not take so much – time, desire, ingredients that are always at hand for any housewife. To prepare the dough for lasagna, you need to combine flour, eggs, water in the proportions indicated by the recipe. It’s simple, the main thing is to knead the base correctly, make it soft, elastic, supple, to make the dish easy and simple.
Lasagna dough – a recipe at home
- Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Servings Per Container: 6 Persons.
- Calorie content: 375 kcal per 100 grams.
- Purpose: for cooking lasagna.
- Cuisine: Italian.
- Difficulty: medium.
It’s more difficult to make dough for home lasagna than just to buy, but a home-made product will definitely turn out to be more pleasant and more useful than a store one. You can easily change the usual recipe by replacing ordinary wheat flour, for example, buckwheat or bran flour – the dish will come out original, and fewer calories. Below is the simplest but most proven Lasagna recipe, complete with photo.
- premium wheat flour – 4 tbsp. (with a slide);
- water – 0.5 tbsp .;
- chicken eggs – 3 pcs.;
- vegetable oil (olive or corn) – 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt – a pinch.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with half a glass of cold water..
- Pour sifted flour on a clean, dry surface of the table, add salt, mix with flour. At the top of the slide make a recess.
- In the resulting funnel, pour a mixture of eggs and water in portions.
- Gently collecting flour from the edges of the slide to the middle, mix the liquid with flour.
- Start kneading the dough. In the process of mixing, add two tablespoons of oil.
- Knead until the mass becomes completely homogeneous and stops sticking to the hands. This may take 10 to 15 minutes..
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour, lay out the resulting lump. Leave for half an hour. Cover with cling film, textile or paper towel to avoid chapping.
- Then form a thick tourniquet from dough for lasagna, divide it into equal parts with a knife.
- Roll each part to a thickness of 1-1.5 mm, cut into sheets of the required size, focusing on the size of the baking sheet, frying pan or baking dish in which the workpieces will be laid.
How to make lasagna dough – secrets from chefs
To be careful, follow the detailed instructions clearly, even the first attempt to prepare this delicious Italian pie will be a simple and feasible task. To make the lasagna dough soft and supple, remember the following recommendations:
- You need to start cooking pasta with sifting flour, so that the dough becomes soft, tender, pliable.
- So that the store-ready finished dough does not crumble, it must be pre-processed – frozen dry plates should be boiled in salted hot water for a couple of minutes. Freshly cooked dough is not necessary to boil.
- When boiling, sheets should be very carefully lowered into water (it should boil slightly) and removed so as not to damage.
- In order not to spoil the surface of the table with a knife, you can cut rolled dough into sheets on a large cutting board, but before that it is necessary to sprinkle it with flour.
- Before making pasta, consider the size of the eggs. If they are small, you need to put one or two more so that the finished dough does not turn out too cool.
- To give the dish originality, the base can be layered (put butter and milk in it) or multi-colored (experimentally, add as a natural dye, for example, turmeric or beetroot juice).
- Sometimes after making the pie a few plates may remain. They can be dried or frozen, and later used as intended..