The content of the article
- How to scan texts from a printer to a computer
- How to scan a document using the Scanner Wizard
- Scanning documents to a computer using special software
- How to scan personal documents on a printer
- How to scan photos on a printer
- How to save scanned documents
The need to get a digital copy of your photos or text can arise at any time, so it will be useful to know how to scan documents from a printer to a computer. It is worthwhile to understand what is meant by the MFP – a multifunctional device that has a built-in scanner, copier and printer. At the moment, there are many manufacturers of office equipment for the home and office on the market, for example, HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, Kyocera, etc..
How to scan texts from a printer to a computer
There are two main options for how to scan a document to a computer – as an image or text. By default, the scanner works like this: creates a photo, if you put a sheet of text in the copier, then you cannot edit it in the future. For such a function to appear, you need to use a recognizer (special software), which will turn the picture into an editable format.
How to scan a document using the Scanner Wizard
The field of how you connected the universal printer to the computer, installed the drivers, carried out the initial setup for scanning, you can use the built-in Windows functionality. The “Scanner Wizard” is suitable for this, the execution algorithm is as follows:
- Turn on the scanner, lift the cover. Check that the glass is clean; if dust is present, wipe the surface.
- Lay the text or photo with the surface to be scanned down on the glass.
- Close the cover.
- Go to the “Control Panel”, click on “Hardware and Sound”.
- Find the item “Devices and Printers”, go into it.
- Right-click on the icon with your MFP, select “Start Scan”.
- Set the necessary parameters for the scan and click “Preview”.
- A window will appear with a picture of how your scanned text will look if it turned out to be too dull, or vice versa, you can change the settings and click “Preview” again. If everything suits you, click “Scan”.
- Save the result on your computer or send the file to print.
Scanning documents to a computer using special software
Together with any MFP, there should be a disk with drivers and native software for this printer model. As a rule, the use of such programs provides the opportunity to achieve the most effective interaction with the device, to get the best quality. For example, how to scan on a canon printer using such software:
- After installing the device and software, open the list of programs.
- Find the application for your printer model, run it.
- Click Scan.
- The program will prompt you to select the type, format, color or black-and-white scan and resolution. If you set all the parameters correctly, the result will be better.
- Through the explorer, specify the path to save the final file. Name the document immediately so that it can be easier to find later. If desired, the storage location may be removable media.
- Preview the document to correct any deficiencies or immediately click the Scan button. Next, the MFP will recognize the data, after which you need to click “Save”.
How to scan personal documents on a printer
Official documents must be of high quality so that all elements are clearly visible, readable. This applies to important information: birth certificates, passports, certificates and similar documentation. Most often they use ABBY FineReader for these purposes, but any other software with similar functionality may be suitable. Instructions on how to scan a document to a computer from a printer using an example passport:
- Be sure to remove the cover, it will interfere during the procedure.
- Set the following parameters in the settings: “shades of gray”, resolution – 300 dpi (or dpi).
- Expand the passport on the first page, put a glass spread to the glass. Better to put closer to the edge, leaving a small gap.
- Close the device cover tightly; for more detailed copying, you can press it slightly with your hand.
- Click “Preview”, make sure that the color, detail of the letters is transmitted correctly.
- At the bottom, click “Scan”, wait for the machine to finish recognizing the file. After that, check the picture and click “Save”.
- Using the frame, select the area with the image (passport itself), empty fields should be outside.
- To store official data, select tif or bmp format.
How to scan photos on a printer
Now more often people print digital photos from a computer, but sometimes there is a situation when you need to scan them. It is important to set up the MFP correctly so that the image is of high quality. The procedure for scanning a document to a computer from a printer is as follows:
- Connect the MFP to the computer, turn it on. To digitize photos, you need to check that there are no spots, fluff or other dirt on them.
- The photo must be placed with the front part on the scanner glass.
- It is better to scan a photo using the program on a computer. This option will provide an opportunity to make adjustments when previewing..
- In the application, specify the type of scan (black and white, color) and set the format “Photo”.
- Set the maximum resolution. So you can scan the photo in better quality.
- If you want to copy the file well, then do not make changes to the settings during the process or lift the lid.
- After the procedure, save the file in any place convenient for you on the computer.
- Use the image editor to adjust the image. It will provide more features than a scanner program..
How to save scanned documents
Some “native” applications for MFPs do not save scanned files, but simply open them in the application for viewing images. With this option, you simply press the key combination “Ctrl + S” and select the folder where the document should be placed. It is better to install software that is verified by other users and can save photocopies automatically. Among people, Adobe Reader or DjvuReaser are popular. Just set the format for the image and the storage location..
The device can scan your file with black fields, and before saving them to the computer, they must be cut off in the editor. The standard resolution is 150 dpi, for official references – 300. The size of the final file is affected by the format in which you saved the electronic document, for example, jpg has the least value, and tif and bmp are much larger.