The content of the article
- What is a stalk seam
- How to make a stitched seam
- Stitch stitch – scheme
- Stitch embroidery for beginners
- Stitch seam drawings
- How to sew with a stitch seam
- Beaded stitch
- Ribbon embroidery – stalked seam
To make your outfits unique in strength even to beginner craftswomen. You can look irresistible by decorating a blouse with hand-embroidered dress and decorating the dress with ribbons. To achieve this, a simple-to-execute technique will help – a line of stalked stitches. It’s easy to learn how to decorate products with this artistic technique..
What is a stalk seam
Decorative contour embroidery has long-standing roots due to its simplicity of execution. A seam lace, made in a straight, curved line, helps to draw simple patterns on the fabric with threads – flowers, leaves and stems. This is where its name came from. Craftswomen with the help of such stitches perform unique:
- embroidery ribbons;
- plant patterns stitch;
- complex contour ornaments;
- beadwork pictures.
To embroider, you will need to first prepare the fabric. After the work is completed, the material will not be deformed, contracted, if it is previously washed, ironed. To make a stalk stitch, you will need:
- threads or ribbons;
- thin sharp needle;
- hard pencil;
- carbon paper – transfer the pattern to the fabric.
How to make a stitched seam
You can learn to perform decorative stitching by watching a video, a master class, or by reading the appropriate instructions. The technology is so simple that it is not difficult to implement it the first time. It is very important to use stitches of the same size to get a good result. You should perform these steps step by step:
- insert the printed fabric into the hoop;
- thread the needle;
- fix it on the wrong side of matter.
Embroidery with a stitch seam refers to counting techniques, performed from left to right. The thread must always be on one side. The stitches are close together. Step by step, the line is manually executed with the following sequence:
- bring the needle and thread to the face of the fabric at the starting point of the pattern;
- along the line make a stitch forward 4 mm long;
- pierce the fabric with the needle down;
- pulling it in the middle of the previous stitch onto the front surface;
- repeat steps first.
Stitch stitch – scheme
To make the stalk seam pattern clear, it is possible for the correct perception of embroidery technology:
- draw a straight line on the fabric;
- mark 4 points on it through an equal distance;
- hoop the material;
- to fix the thread on the wrong side of the fabric;
- bring the needle up at the first point;
- inject into the tissue in the third;
- pull out from below through the second point;
- stick from above into the fourth;
- pull up through the third point.
Stitch embroidery for beginners
In order not to be disappointed in decorative embroidery, novice craftswomen should not immediately take up complex patterns. Gradual mastery of the technique will help you quickly learn needlework. It is recommended that you first manually embroider straight branches, simple flowers, contour drawings. There are two types of lace-up stitches:
- stitching – each is performed by piercing the material with a needle with bringing it to the opposite side;
- sewing – the piercing of the fabric is carried out horizontally, immediately 2 punctures are made parallel to the material, then the thread is stretched.
Stitch embroidery for beginners is recommended to be performed in compliance with the rules:
- make stitches equal in length;
- prefer a stitching type of embroidery – the fabric will shrink less;
- apply fine stitches for sharp bends of the pattern;
- prevent twisting of threads;
- when working, they should always be on the one hand – above or below;
- the same thread tension is required.
Stitch seam drawings
Beginners should start with simple outline motifs. Having mastered the technique of execution, you can find on the photo in magazines, on websites, suitable patterns for embroidery with a stitched seam. To get a quality result, you must:
- pick up a pattern that you can do in order not to quit your job halfway;
- transfer the drawing to tracing paper;
- transfer it to a fabric or finished product using carbon paper.
Those who can sew and draw will be able to independently create and execute unique patterns for their clothes. In the stores intended for this, they sell magazines for embroidery by hand with drawings of varying complexity. It can be:
- outline letters;
- animal silhouettes;
- intricate ornaments;
- flowers for stitch embroidery;
- motifs for beads;
- patterns for making ribbons;
- complex paintings in color and content.
How to sew with a stitch seam
With manual embroidery, several types of stitching are used. Recommended decorative seams in embroidery, except for the direct option:
- perform work with a tilt to the left;
- receive a double-row stitch by making a stitch from one point, first from above, then from below;
- to thicken the line, move each subsequent back to the left;
- for a thin free stitch, any upcoming step should be shifted to the right.
Techniques for embroidering with a rope are applicable to the surface technique, when tight filling inside the pattern is required. The work can be carried out in two ways:
- sequentially lay straight rows embroidered with one direction, closely to each other;
- for delicate work, use the “split” technique – when returning back, pierce the needle through the thread of the previous step.
Performing the decoration of clothes with beads, you can get exclusive products. A craftswoman will look unique if she is able to sew an outfit herself. The stitched stitch back to the needle with beads is performed step by step as follows:
- the thread is secured from the inside, displayed up;
- 2 beads are strung on a thin needle;
- the fabric pierces down near the last.
The following embroidery actions are performed according to the drawing in the following order:
- the thread with the needle is displayed from the bottom up between the beads;
- stretches through the last bead;
- the next bead is tightly applied;
- the thread is passed through it;
- the needle sticks into the fabric down to the right close to the bead;
- stretches at the top left of it;
- work continues until the end of the drawing.
Ribbon embroidery – stalked seam
You can originally decorate clothes with artistic embroidery using ribbons. The work is done on fabrics of various textures, and for its implementation you will need a needle with a long, wide eye. Tapes for needlework are used silk or synthetic, with a width of 3 to 12 mm. Step-by-step embroidery is performed from left to right like this:
- the tape tucked into the needle is attached to the fabric from below;
- displayed on the front.
Next, the stitched seam ribbons need to be embroidered in the following sequence:
- stick the needle from above into the fabric;
- withstand a little more than the width of the tape;
- bring it down from the bottom in the middle of the stitch;
- pull the tape up;
- gently straighten;
- make a stitch of the same length, injections from above into the fabric;
- pull out at the end of the previous step;
- straighten the tape;
- continue work.