The content of the article
- Ribbon embroidery technique for beginners
- How to learn to embroider ribbons with basic elements
- How to embroider a bud with ribbons
- Embroidery with satin ribbons of petals
- Ribbon stitching
- Floral embroidery from ribbons for beginners
- Ribbon embroidery on clothes
- Video technique of embroidery ribbons for beginners step by step
A kind of needlework is embroidery with ribbons, which helps to create spectacular three-dimensional patterns on clothes or other objects. Novice craftswomen should learn the basic secrets of performing the technique, learn how to choose materials, perform basic elements. Then, when embroidering, you can give scope for imagination, try out complex drawings.
Ribbon embroidery technique for beginners
Beautiful and attractive ribbon embroidery for beginners has a few secrets for choosing tools and materials. Here’s what you need to know about a step-by-step technique:
- Ribbons for embroidery can be any in material and width. It is optimal for embroidery to buy silk, satin or satin stripes with a width of 7-25 mm.
- The fabric or canvas for embroidery must be of high density so that the stitches fasten securely. A novice craftswoman can practice using a special canvas and embroidery patterns, and only then proceed to decorate handbags, blouses or gloves. To facilitate the work, you can transfer the pattern directly to the fabric.
- Hoop – suitable from wood or plastic. Their purpose is to stretch the fabric and fix it for a flat embroidery surface.
- Needles – Beginners will need special tools that are different from classic sewing tools. They have a wide eye, allowing the ribbon to pass freely. It is important to compare the thickness of the needle with the strength of the fabric. The tool should be chosen smooth, with no signs of rust, with a blunt end, so that when inserted into the fabric, the fibers do not tear with a sharp edge, but move apart.
- Of the auxiliary tools, beginners will need scissors, a lighter, matches, pliers and an awl. The latter are used when embroidering on thick fabric. It is useful to purchase special markers for drawing a pattern that disappear 2 days after application.
How to learn to embroider ribbons with basic elements
After acquiring the necessary tools, beginners begin to needlework and threading the ribbon into the needle. To do this, cut off one tip in a straight line, and the second – at an angle. The first is cauterized by fire, and the last is inserted into the eye with a small stretch. Then you need to insert the needle into the pulled out part in the middle, holding the needle with your hand, pull the burnt end to get a knot near the ear.
A beginner embroidery master class should be started step by step with the basic elements:
- Straight (ribbon) stitch – thread the needle from the wrong side, insert back, holding the strip.
- Japanese (with curl) stitch – insert the needle on the front side. Straighten the strip and lay on the fabric, insert the needle into the middle of the strip, and then into the corner of the fabric.
- Twisted (stalked) seam – remove the needle from the inside, turn it over so that the ribbon twists, insert from the front side.
- French knot – remove the needle from the inside, several times wrap a strip around the needle, thread back near the exit.
- Loop (air stitch) – remove the needle from the inside, put a pencil under the strip, wrap it around, insert the needle at the same exit.
- Buttonhole with an attachment – performed similarly to a simple loop, only in the center there is an attachment of a bead, beads or a French knot from a thin ribbon.
How to embroider a bud with ribbons
Simple classic flower embroidery ribbons for beginners step by step begins with the creation of a bud. It will require two-color ribbons and accurate work according to the scheme:
- Draw a circle on the product, put a dot in the center. Divide the template into segments.
- Withdraw the needle with the ribbon in the middle from the inside, thread it back at the same point, leaving a loop with an equal circle radius on the front side. Thread the needle into the face exactly along the circle line.
- Pass the needle into the loop, pull to get the petal from the center to the line. Insert the needle at the exit point onto the face to grab the loop. Insert from the front side, tighten the second short loop. Beautifully lay.
- Repeat for 8 petals, then embroider in a different color..
Embroidery with satin ribbons of petals
Any simple embroidery with ribbons for beginners step by step includes floral motifs, so it is important to know how to embroider classic petals according to the pattern:
- Draw a circle, put a point in the center of the sketch.
- Withdraw the needle from the inside in the middle of the circle, draw the strip face up to the circle line, straighten the folds at the exit point. With a needle, connect the edges 5 mm further than the circle line. Draw from the wrong side to the face of one edge, repeat the opposite for the other.
- When the tape is drawn over the edges, a knot will be formed at the end of the petal. It is necessary to wrap the end of the petal and a ribbon on top of it so that the petal remains convex. Insert the needle into the strip along the circle line on top of the petal, pull it to the wrong side.
- Tighten the knot to make a petal convex at the base, wrapped up and in.
When the flowers and buds are ready, novice craftswomen learn to embroider stems and leaves. You need to do this step by step in the following lesson:
- The stems are embroidered with twisted stitches: stick the needle on the face, turn it with your fingers to twist the material, pierce the ribbon in the right place, pull the needle inside out. To fix, thread a needle on the face near the puncture site, form a nodule and take it to the wrong side.
- The leaves are embroidered step by step with ribbon stitches: straighten the ribbon on the face, pierce at a point 2/3 of the length, return to the wrong side, adjust the tension. Repeat as many times as needed.
Floral embroidery from ribbons for beginners
A simple lesson for beginners is to embroider a rosebud for a picture step by step:
- With a thread in color strips, make 5 stitches to receive rays from one center – the contour of the flower.
- Push the tape into the needle, make a knot – at a small distance from the edge, stick the needle into the middle, holding the fabric, tie a flat knot.
- Withdraw the needle with the ribbon onto the face, sequentially entwine 5 rays so that the fabric looks shiny side up. The ribbon should pass alternately under the beam and above it. Wrap the base thread sequentially in a spiral so that the rose petals are staggered.
The lesson embroidering lilac flowers for a picture to beginner needlewomen step by step:
- Need 2 needles – with a ribbon and thread. Bring both to the front, make 2 stitches along, 1 across, 2 along, 1 across on the ribbon.
- Pull the thread, pull the ribbon to get a flower.
Ribbon embroidery on clothes
In addition to decorating with roses, embroidery ribbons for beginners step by step includes various options for creating daisies, chrysanthemums, tulips, peonies. Any flower you like can be embroidered on clothes with due skill and imagination. Volumetric flowers, compositions from leaves and stems, magnificent bouquets look beautiful. In addition to clothing items, you can decorate pillows and bed linen, embroider tapestry.