The content of the article
- The benefits and harms of protein bars
- Ironman Protein Bars
- Quest bar
- Power pro
- Power system
- Optimum Nutrition
- How to choose protein bars
Professional athletes use special sports nutrition complexes containing protein (protein) to achieve high results. It is necessary to increase muscle mass, maintain energy balance in the body, and burn fat. Choose quality sports nutrition and eat it wisely.
The benefits and harms of protein bars
Athletes and everyone who watches their figure, need to make a diet, which will include healthy and healthy snacks, calculate calories, take into account the content of harmful sugar. What can sweet tooth do not imagine their life without sweets? For these purposes, it is better to use sweet protein bars that contain a maximum of nutrients..
They have everything you need: vitamins, proteins (proteins), carbohydrates, the allowable amount of fat. Proteins are a balanced source of natural substances involved in the synthesis of new muscle cells. Carbohydrates make up for the energy lost during training. Vitamins eliminate free radicals formed during active strength training. The benefits of protein bars are obvious:
- Weight loss. To do this, use protein bars for weight loss, which include fat burners. More often it is L-carnitine, which enhances metabolism, burns fat, but subject to the training regimen. Without physical activity, even with carnitine, weight loss will not be.
- Increased muscle volume. Protein bars should be eaten before training, during and after it, but only 4 pieces per day. This is enough for the body to get the right amount of protein and energy. This is a great alternative to sweets for sweet tooth, which you can’t get over..
- A charge of energy and vivacity. During training, energy is consumed, free radicals are formed, the body is depleted. A balanced content of vitamins P, C, B can solve this problem. Vitamins improve fat and carbohydrate metabolism, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, remove free radicals.
All high-quality protein bars contain a balanced amount of simple, complex and non-digestible (fiber) carbohydrates, thanks to which the body receives nutrition for a long time. Simple carbohydrates provide instant energy, increasing the amount of insulin in the blood. Complex carbohydrates are accumulated and consumed as needed. Fiber reduces sugar levels, increased due to the absorption of simple carbohydrates, improves bowel function, saturates cells with trace elements.
Protein sweets, except for athletes, can be eaten by anyone who follows the slimness of the figure or wants to reduce weight. This is better than harmful chocolates, hamburgers, protein bars for a long time satisfy the hunger. They are convenient to carry and have a snack even on the run or in the fitness room. Bars are stored in the original packaging for about a year. However, it should be borne in mind that a bar cannot replace good nutrition, it is only a snack.
Excessive enthusiasm for them will not help to build muscle or lose weight faster, but on the contrary can slow down the process of losing weight, because the bars are high-calorie and contain sugar. In composition and taste, they are very similar to Snickers with some differences, but they are much more expensive, so you should choose: either take off the edge of sweets with inexpensive Snickers, observing the rules of healthy eating the rest of the time, or buy high-quality expensive sports in the online store daily snack bars.
Ironman Protein Bars
According to ratings, the Ironman protein bar is considered the most popular in the world of sports. The company monitors compliance with the high quality and balance of its products. The reviews of athletes on the network show that Ironman bars work effectively as anabolic steroids and have a good taste. The composition of the bars is ideal to fully develop muscle, build muscle, restore the body after training. One of the most bought is:
- Name: Protein bar.
- Price: 45 rubles.
- Characteristics: collagen is included in the composition, which ensures the strength of tissues, bones, elasticity of cartilage and ligaments. It is recommended for joint injuries. The next component is concentrated whey protein. This is a pure protein without lactose, fats and carbohydrates, which in 10 minutes after ingestion is converted in the muscles into beneficial amino acids. Other components: whey powder, vitamin, coconut flakes, molasses, confectionery fat, ascorbic and sorbic acids. The energy value of one bar (35 grams) is 355 kcal, 48 g of carbohydrates, 11 g of fat, 16 g of protein, 1.5 g of collagen (gelatin).
- The main advantages: inexpensive, tasty, healthy, a variety of flavors (coconut, banana in chocolate icing, caramel, corn in white chocolate, walnut in glaze).
- Cons: not found.
For maximum effect, ironman bars must be taken correctly. It is optimal to eat one a day one hour before training, but it is possible during or after classes, if there is an acute desire. On workout days, the bar can be eaten at any time as a snack between meals. One thing is enough to provide the muscles with the necessary vitamins, amino acids and carbohydrates without overloading the body with extra calories and supplements.
Finding the perfect protein snack is really not easy – there are many fakes with a high sugar content and an imaginary protein content. Athletes have already had time to try and recommend a new product – the Quest Bar protein bar. Reviews about it are only positive, and this is completely justified if you look at the qualitative characteristics of this product:
- Title: Quest Bar.
- Price: 200 rubles.
- Characteristics: Energy value – 200 kcal, 20 g of protein, 20 g of carbohydrates, 10 g of polyunsaturated fat, 17 g of fiber. The components used by the company in its products: whey and milk protein isolates, natural flavors, sucralose, erythritol, almonds, peanuts, cashews, sea salt, stevia, fiber with prebiotics.
- The main advantages: sugar free, gluten free and GMO free, the widest range of flavors in the manufacturer’s catalog.
- Cons: expensive.
In the manufacture of its products, POWER PRO uses only high-quality European raw materials: Friesland Campina DMV B.V. protein, DSM Nutritional Products Europe LTD vitamin complexes. The quality of their products is considered the best, and this is confirmed by the positive reviews of professionals. Sports nutrition from Power Pro saturates the body with nutrients, builds up lean muscle mass, normalizes metabolism, and helps increase performance in sports. The most popular sports nutrition product is:
- Name: Power Pro Protein Bar.
- Price: 95 rubles.
- Characteristics: protein (36%), vitamins, biotin, lecithin, folic acid (30 mcg), whey concentrate, isolate, hydrolyzate as part of the product. In one serving: 218.4 kcal, protein 21.6 g, fat 5.7 g, carbohydrates 20.1 g.
- Main advantages: high protein content, high quality product.
- Cons: expensive
Herbalife products have long won the favor of fans of a healthy lifestyle. If earlier the emphasis was on complexes for weight loss, now sports nutrition has been added. For healthy snacks, protein bars are recommended, they are in a wide assortment for every taste. Useful information about this type of product:
- Name: Herbalife Protein Bar.
- Price: 75 rubles.
- Characteristics: as part of the product protein (10%), 23 vitamins and minerals, milk protein (20 amino acids). In one serving: 139 kcal, fat 4 g, carbohydrates 15 g.
- Main advantages: high quality product, low-calorie, does not contain GMOs.
- Cons: low protein.
According to brand ratings, the products of the German company Power System ranked third out of one hundred and eleven. This indicates the high trust that the company managed to win thanks to its quality products. Among the variety of sports nutrition, a special place is occupied by the Power System protein bar. Sweet tooth prefer this bar:
- Title: High Protein Bar .
- Price: 68 – 75 rubles.
- Characteristics: protein (11 g), vitamins, pantothenic acid, milk protein, glucose and fructose syrup, milk chocolate, collagen, dextrose, salt, dry egg protein, vegetable fat, tocopherol (vitamin A), calcium-D- pantothenate, riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride. In one serving (35 g): 135 kcal, fat 3.5 g, carbohydrates 15 g.
- Main advantages: high quality product, low-calorie, does not contain GMOs.
- Cons: low protein, vegetable fat.
Optimum Nutrition is a well-known American sports nutrition brand. Under this brand, only the best sports mixes, supplements, shakes, vitamin complexes, proteins, chocolate bars. The company produces high quality products, taking into account the wishes of its customers and introducing innovative food products. Throughout the entire process, all raw materials and the finished product pass the most stringent quality tests. You can verify this if, for example, you buy the Optimum Nutrition protein bar:
- Title: 100% Whey Crisp Bar.
- Price: 214 rubles.
- Characteristics: the product contains protein (25 – 26 g), vitamins, a double layer of chocolate, collagen, dextrose, salt, vegetable fat, iron, calcium. In one serving (70 g): 250 kcal, trans fat 2.5 g (palm oil), carbohydrate 34 g, sugar 7 g.
- Main advantages: high product quality, high protein content.
- Cons: trans fats.
How to choose protein bars
The range of sports nutrition is very large, and it is difficult to choose the right protein bars, especially since some may not meet your expectations and even lead to weight gain. First you need to decide for what purpose this product is needed and when you want to recharge it. There are such types of bars:
- Grain Based Slimming.
- Low-calorie, which includes L-carnitine (also for weight loss).
- High in protein. Used when drying to gain muscle mass or to reduce weight on a carbohydrate-free (low-carb) diet.
- High in carbohydrates. A special treat for those who want to get better. One hundred grams contains 400 or more calories..
- Other less popular – oat, cereal and other fruits.
You can buy protein bars with any taste, all kinds of filling: fruits, nuts, vanilla and yogurt, chocolate, caramel. Like all sweets it’s delicious, but the main thing is not to get carried away and follow the recommended dose. Having decided on the type, you need to see who the manufacturer is and be sure to pay attention to:
- The composition of vitamins in the product. Most of the nutrients must come from lecithin (Vitamin E). It promotes cell regeneration and the formation of intercellular space. The remaining vitamins should be from 1 to 2% of the total weight of the bar.
- The number of calories (kcal) in one bar. This is necessary to include the total calorie content of snacks in the daily diet in order to avoid excess calories.
- Carbohydrate content. Most manufacturers use sugar, and this is no longer a desirable product. If carbohydrates are 25%, then it is better to eat after exercise. In addition, you should not buy bars on fructose or alcoholic sugar, this will cause flatulence.
- The presence of fat, especially trans fats. They can be recognized by the English words “saturated” and “trans”. The first denotes animal fats and they are quite allowed in small quantities. The second trans fat means the presence of vegetable fats (palm oil), which are very harmful. They are introduced as a preservative to extend their shelf life..
- Shelf life. It is unnecessary to remind that the expiration date must be checked on all food products..
If you plan to eat a bar before training, then it should be high-protein with a minimum of carbohydrates. If you like to reward yourself sweet after a hard workout, restore your muscles with fast carbohydrates, then it is better to buy high-carb bars for these purposes, but practically low-fat. Before ordering sports nutrition in the photo catalog, read the reviews of professional athletes, look at the ratings and consult with a personal trainer, since consultation in the store can be deceiving, because it’s important for the seller to sell the goods.