The content of the article
- Shugaring Technique
- Than shugaring is good
- Shugaring at home
- Shugaring paste at home
- Shugaring Kit
- Shugaring bikini zone
- Shugaring in the cabin
- Shugaring price
- Shugaring contraindications
People who are looking for methods to get rid of body hair, the question arises what is shugaring, when they first hear this term. Sugar hair removal is one of the methods that is designed to combat vegetation on the body on any area of the skin: face, arms, armpits, legs, back, bikini area, buttocks.
This procedure, as a method of hair removal, has been widely used since the days of the Ancient East, when women learned to independently get rid of body hair with the help of sweet syrup from sugar paste. How to do shugaring, whether preliminary preparation is necessary, whether it is possible to do it at home or not – questions that concern many people who want to get rid of body hair. Sugar depilation has its own nuances, observing which we get the expected effect.
Shugaring requires several steps:
- It is best to prepare for the procedure in a day, having made a skin peeling at home with a scrub. The length of hair for shugaring can be from 2 mm, when waxing requires at least 5 mm.
- In the salon, a cosmetologist cleanses the skin with a degreasing lotion. After that, in order not to scratch the skin, and even for better contact of the hairs with sugar paste, talcum powder is applied to the epilated skin area.
- Classic sugar shugaring is carried out using a ball, which is heated and evenly distributed on the skin against hair growth. Then it is slightly pressed so that the sugar paste can grab even the thinnest hair, firmly sticking and giving after the desired effect – smooth skin without fluffy hair.
- Upon completion of the bioepilation procedure, a cooling gel or a special lotion is applied to the skin. Numerous positive reviews of women about the inexpensive but very effective Velvet 5 in 1 lotion after hair removal, which helps to perform effective skin care after depilation, slows hair growth and prevents their growth, are impressive. Pleased with its affordability and the ability to buy in the online store.
Than shugaring is good
The advantage of shugaring over waxing is that unlike wax, which captures only part of the hair over the skin, sugar paste penetrates deeper, under the skin, into the mouth of the hair follicles, removing smaller hairs. There is a difference in the removal of wax from the sugar mass, which affects the sensation of pain during the procedure. Shugaring is removed by hair growth, wax – against growth, which increases pain.
Another advantage of shugaring is the ease of removing residual sugar paste from the skin with warm water, and a special oil is needed to remove wax, which affects the price. Shugaring is a hypoallergenic method and, with its help, it is possible to reduce the percentage of ingrown hairs to a minimum. This is explained by the fact that caramel envelops the hair completely and is removed along with the bulb, which negates the risk of germination of the surviving hair.
Shugaring at home
Many people try to do bio-epilation on their own, the simplicity of making sweet syrup, the procedure itself, and the optimal cost of the ingredients make shugaring popular. Shugaring is a derivative of English “sugar”, which translates as “sugar”, and sugar epilation itself has Persian roots when women made it only at home. Details on how to do shugaring at home, read on.
Shugaring paste at home
Sugar paste for shugaring is easy to prepare. A recommended recipe is a proven recipe:
- 10 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar.
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of water.
- Juice of half a lemon or 0.5 teaspoon of citric acid
The ingredients are mixed in a saucepan, which is set on low heat. The mixture must be prepared by stirring constantly so that the sugar does not burn. After boiling, wait until the sweet mass acquires a caramel hue, and turn off the fire. It takes 5-7 minutes to cook the paste. It is very important to ensure that digestion is prevented. After cooling the mixture to room temperature, you can check the paste for suitability by stretching a small piece with your hand: if it sticks to your hand and does not slide into a ball, you need to return the pan to the fire and boil a little more.
A large selection of ready-made masses for shugaring is on the Internet. The price depends on the amount of paste in the bank and starts from 590-650 rubles per 280 gram can of the mixture. There you can order whole sets, single and reusable, which contain everything you need to carry out this procedure. Ready-made shugaring has already won many fans with its simple and convenient.
Shugaring bikini zone
The described technique, advantages, and the recipe for the possibility of sugar hair removal at home, still will not give an answer to the question, what is shugaring? An important issue will not be fully disclosed if you do not describe the nuances of this method for removing hairs in the most intimate female body area.
Shugaring bikini at home is available, although this part of the skin is the most sensitive for any type of depilation. But you should not be afraid of this, as there are methods of anesthesia that will help you survive the procedure with less discomfort:
- In about 20-30 minutes, you can take an anesthetic drug, for example, analgin, pentalgin, ketanes, lidocaine in a spray, which can be pre-purchased in an online store or pharmacy.
- In an hour, apply a local anesthetic cream Emla on cleansed skin.
- Schedule deep hair removal in the afternoon, from about 13 to 15 hours. As you know, at this time, a person is less susceptible to physical pain.
- For those who are not afraid of the cold, just before the procedure, you can wipe the bikini area with a piece of ice.
Shugaring in the cabin
Professional shugaring has its advantages: with the help of others, the procedure itself is easier to carry, because not everyone can independently carry out the painful procedure and qualitatively do it on all desired parts of the body. The price of the issue is increasing. Every year, demand for male depilation, including for depilation of the intimate zone, is increasing. Masters in the salons know all the subtleties of this delicate type of depilation and can provide the necessary assistance, spend it with maximum comfort.
The cost of professional shugaring is different and the price varies depending on which depilation area the client is interested in, who will do it and where the salon is located. The downside is that the price of shugaring is slightly higher than the price of waxing, because the time and effort of the master for shugaring takes more. Having made a selection according to customer reviews, you can see how much shugaring costs in Moscow:
- the price of facial depilation starts at 600 rubles;
- depilation of legs – from 1900 rubles;
- deep bikini zone – from 1800 rubles;
- hand waxing – from 800 rubles.
The sugar shugaring procedure is contraindicated in:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- The presence of wounds, burns and other skin lesions as well as infectious and chronic diseases (psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema).
- Varicose veins stage 3-4.
- Acute forms of herpes.
- Untested benign formations.