In a tiny bathroom, we admit, there may be no furniture at all. There is only space for plumbing, and for storage hooks, a shelf, a hanger, the sides of the bath and sink itself are used. Site tips Our site will help you choose bathroom furniture for those who need such an installation space.
1. What is most often made of bathroom furniture?From fiberboard, chipboard and MDF. The ends of furniture made of inexpensive chipboard must be protected with a special PVC profile. Furniture made of fiberboard and MDF is varnished and veneered for additional protection from moisture. More complex structures are made from MDF, for example, convex facades. Furniture made of MDF is the most expensive, but also the most durable, moisture resistant option. Furniture for the bathroom is made of natural wood very rarely, these are always expensive models, most often on order from special types of wood that can withstand high humidity.
2. The bathroom furniture is completely moisture resistant, not afraid of water?Yes, there is such a mark on all furniture items for bathrooms and toilets. However, you should not pour water on it in the literal sense of the word! Even a special coating will not withstand such harsh treatment.
3.What to start choosing furniture in the bathroom?Of course, from “Moidodyr”, a special pedestal-stand under the sink. There may be no other furniture in the bathroom! And if there is, then the rest of the items – a pencil case, a hanging cabinet with a mirror, an additional cabinet or cabinet are already chosen for “Moidodyr”. Full sets of furnishings are sold for large bathrooms, pay attention to them.
4. Is it possible to install any sink on “Moidodyr”?In general, pedestals are traditionally supplied with a sink, at the top there is already a cut-out hole just for specific dimensions. Replacing the sink can lead to poor sealing and installation problems. An exception is the sink-bowls, which are installed on the countertop, do not cut into it. How to independently install various types of sinks, the portal described in detail.
5. What you need to pay special attention to when choosing bathroom furniture?On the edges of furniture boards, which must be treated with a moisture-resistant coating. Check the work of the fittings – doors and drawers should open easily and close smoothly and tightly. Do not forget to also look inside the cabinet or cabinet – manufacturers often leave special holes so that the shelves can be hung at different heights. They must be closed with special plugs so that moisture does not get inside! Check if they are available. If not, buy separately. You can also fill the holes that turned out to be superfluous after installing the shelves with silicone sealant..
6. Which bathroom furniture is better – hanging, with legs or plinth?The blank plinth of “Moidodyr” and panels will not allow you to clean normally under furniture. Suspended in terms of cleaning is much better, but such cabinets need special fasteners, you have to drill the tiles. Furniture with legs high enough for a mop or hand with a rag to pass may be the best option..
7. Are there any peculiarities in the care of furniture in the bathroom?Not. You just need to wipe the cabinets with a damp cloth and soft sponge to remove streaks, drops and dust. Of course, you can use furniture care products. The most important thing is that there is good ventilation in your bathroom, because without condensation and excessively high humidity, the furniture will last much longer.