Let’s start with the fact that today you can buy ready-made camping baths with all the accessories. Or rent it for about 500 rubles a day. Such a ready-made version is a tent made of material that can withstand high temperatures, sometimes with a partition – for additional funds. Such a tent costs from 10 thousand rubles.
Plus, you will have to pay additionally for a water tank and a mobile sauna stove – about the same. There are other additional options, such as an insulated bottom – about 3 thousand rubles. That is, the price of a ready-made camping bath will be very different, depending on what you need.
The advantages of the ready-made version are obvious – all you have to do is set up a tent, install a stove with a chimney inside, melt it, and after a short time you can steam comfortably. Of course, the mobile version cannot be compared with a real log-house, but during outdoor recreation it will be a good alternative.
The easiest way to build a camping bath with your own hands is to use a heater and polyethylene.
The process looks like this:
- A sauna heater is laid out at the place where the bath is arranged. From flat stones, you need to equip a kind of foundation, then build a furnace, inside which a fire will burn. It is advisable to take stones of a convenient shape, large enough to keep warm for a long time. You will have to heat the stove long enough, stock up on firewood.
- A frame is built around the heater. It is advisable to use aluminum pipes, as in the stalls. If they are not there, you will have to chop fresh branches, as even as possible, of the required length. Dry wood cannot be used in the construction of a camping bath due to the danger of fire.
- The frame is covered with plastic wrap. To strengthen the structure and additional thermal insulation, it is worth wrapping the structure with cling film.
- Fresh, fragrant spruce paws can be used for the floor, and logs for sitting in the steam room..
You can replace polyethylene with the same spruce branches, tightly laid on the frame in two or three layers. Such a tent will be good to keep warm and at the same time release smoke. And the best option is an old Soviet tarpaulin tent. Modern cheap options do not tolerate an increase in temperature inside and can release harmful substances when heated..
Alternatively, the heater is built separately, and only hot stones are brought into the tent or hut. In this case, there will be no smoke in the camping bath, but the heat will evaporate much faster..
Finally, a few tips:
- Don’t make the camping bath too big. The smaller it is, the easier it is to equip and heat it. It is better to bathe in turn than to spend time and energy on building a large structure for the whole company at once.
- Hot stones, as in a regular steam room, need to be watered to generate steam.
- To secure the frame, you can use ropes, soft metal wire, ordinary tape.
- When heated, layered cobblestones can begin to burst, scatter into pieces, do not take such stones.
A very important point that all experienced travelers insist on is that a hiking bath should be located on the shore of a reservoir! It will be very pleasant to plunge into cool water after a mobile steam room.