Laminate floors have a “floating” structure and therefore must never be nailed, screwed or glued to the substrate.
Preparation for styling
The laminate floor in its original packaging should be laid horizontally in the middle of the room where the floor will be laid and left for 2-3 days at a temperature of 20 ° C and at a humidity of about 60%. Each pack must be unpacked immediately before laying the floor..
Laminate floors must be installed according to their functional purpose, i.e. selecting the appropriate abrasion class according to EN 13329. It is recommended that the installation of the laminate floor is done by a professional company. Laying laminate flooring is carried out at a temperature of 20 ° C.
1. Base: The substrate must be firm, level and dry. When laying on a fresh cement base, check the moisture content. Always place a vapor barrier at least 0.2 mm thick on the prepared substrate in order to isolate the laminate floor from the base, with a minimum overlap of 20 cm so that it lies about 5 cm on the walls.
We cover the vapor barrier with polyethylene foam with a thickness of 2-5 mm and a density of 35 kg / m3 in order to obtain better comfort when using the floor (shock absorption, sound insulation).
2. Bonding: All elements of the laminate floor are glued together using the tongue-and-groove structure. Lay the first two rows of panels dry without glue, while checking their quality again. The picture on the right shows how to apply D3 adhesive. the glue should only be applied in this way. Apply glue along the entire length of the upper end of the groove. The connection of the two grooves is such that there are no gaps. When applying the appropriate amount of glue, the connection should be easy – without unnecessary finishing, which spoils the ends of the grooves. Remains of glue must be removed immediately with a damp and then dry sponge..
3. General rules for laying: Laminate floors are best laid in the direction of light incidence. Along all walls, as well as overhauled structures (pipes, heaters, spiral staircases, etc.), a minimum of 10 mm gap must be left using spacer wedges. Cuttings with a length of at least 40 cm are suitable for further use..
4. Laying process: The first row is laid and aligned with a groove to the wall, start the second row from the trimmed part from the first row. It is necessary to check the first three rows by laying them first dry without glue, using a ruler and a cord. Then the first three rows are glued together using screeds or a special styling kit. When making sure the connections are accurate and straight, remember! The quality of the floor is ultimately dependent on the correct installation of the first three rows. It is necessary to leave the first three glued rows for at least 2 hours for the adhesive to dry. Then continue stacking row by row. Saw off the element of the required length so that a gap remains and connect it to the previous row using a special device. Remember to insert spacer wedges between the wall and floor.
5. Doors, joints between different types of floors, large rooms: The door frames should be shortened so that the panel and sound insulation can be inserted under them. This is due to the fact that laminate floors can expand and contract depending on external climatic conditions. Provision should be made for gaps in doorways, at joints with other types of floors, and near walls. In rooms longer than 6 m and wider than 5 m, the amount of allowances (together with those at the walls) should be more than 5 mm. In rooms longer than 10 m and / or wider than 8 m, additional gaps must be made. These gaps can be masked with special battens.
6. Water floor heating: The thermal penetration factor of laminated floors is Pc = 0.071 W / m2K. The thickness of the fill above the heating pipes should be about 2 cm. The heating must be switched off before laying. Start laying floors when the temperature of the substrate reaches 18 ° C. Make sure the vapor barrier film is installed! After 24 hours of installation, the heating can be switched on gradually (daily at 5 ° C). The maximum permissible floor surface temperature is + 26 ° C. 7. Drying time / spacer wedges: Remove the spacer wedges 12 hours after laying the floor. Floor is ready for full load after 24 hours.
Attach masking skirting boards.
Attention: the skirting boards are fixed to the walls, not to the floor.