In this article, Our site of advice will tell you about such a beautiful and interesting material as erklez. Let’s talk about the advantages of lumpy glass, as well as offer you numerous options for its use in the interior, decoration and landscape design.
Erklez is a lump glass, it is also a glass stone. Initially, no one made erkleza specially. It was just a waste of glass production. However, such pieces of colored glass began to be in demand, and today Erklez is made on an industrial scale in the following ways:
- Free forming is the easiest option;
- Stamping and gouging, work with glass waste with sharp edges;
- Form casting. After the piece of glass is taken out of the mold, it is processed with tools with victorious or diamond tips..
However, ordinary homeowners do not care how the erklez was made. When choosing a material, they are guided by the following criteria:
- The form;
Lump glass has a lot of advantages:
- The material is 100% environmentally friendly;
- Service life is practically unlimited;
- It is inexpensive, in glass industries such waste can often be collected at a bargain price;
- Not afraid of temperature extremes and outdoor conditions;
- Easy to care for – just wash with water;
- The variety of colors and shades is very great, erklez can be completely transparent or matte;
- Transparent erklez can be supplemented with LED backlighting, it will be even more beautiful;
- Can be reused. The craft from lumpy glass did not work out – you can always do something else.
Traditionally, erklez is used to create original jewelry and other small crafts. However, in the interior, glass stone can also become a noticeable detail. In particular, unusual stained-glass windows are made of it, which can become a highlight of the room design.
In addition, lump glass can be used:
- As a mosaic. And not only on the walls, but also on the floor. It will turn out to be a kind of glass terrazzo;
- In countertops. For example, simply add to concrete, creating a very decorative effect. Remember the portal wrote about the latest IceStone material? Its distinctive feature is precisely the pieces of glass frozen in the surface;
- For decorating chandeliers, floor lamps and other lamps. Such glass pendants often look no worse than the famous Murano glass..
In landscape design, there are even more options for using erklez:
- For filling gabions instead of regular cobblestones. It will be much more beautiful, even if you combine glass stones with ordinary ones in order to reduce the cost of the construction. And if you light up a glass gabion, the site will look unusually beautiful in the evening;
- For decorating rockeries, alpine slides and other types of flower beds. Just a decorative element;
- As a decorative backfill instead of painted rubble;
- For decorating pools, fountains and mini-ponds on the site. Glass stones look especially impressive under water or its jets;
- For edging paths, patios and terraces, instead of a regular border.
Important! To create sprinkling, you need to use smooth and fine glass pebbles on garden paths.
Even simply poured into a transparent vase, Erklez will look like a noticeable piece of interior decor. Such glass stones are always attractive in themselves, cost from 30 rubles to 100 rubles per kilogram, depending on the color, grinding and other features..