Any construction is associated with the risk of injury. That is why construction sites need to be fenced off to reduce this likelihood. Let’s figure out together what the law requires, what the temporary fences of the construction site can be, from which they can be made.
SNiP 3.01.01–85, GOST 23407–78, SNiP 12–03–2001, “Rules for labor protection in construction” (Order No. 336n of the Ministry of Labor of Russia dated 01.06.2015) – all these documents regulate safety measures at construction sites, in in particular, indicate what should be the fence installed at the time of work. According to these rules, it is impossible to start construction before the fence is erected, otherwise there will be a fine.
We are sure that you yourself will not want strangers walking around your construction site, children playing, and intruders trying to take out the already imported materials. Therefore, the fence becomes a necessity.
All temporary construction site fences are divided into three types:
- Signal. They clearly show that the dangerous construction zone begins here. These may simply be special warning tapes similar to those used by police officers. Or light plastic nets of bright colors – orange or red. The main thing is to highlight the construction site, indicate the territory that cannot be entered.
- Security. Such fences are designed to close the construction site from outsiders, to prevent them from entering there. Security fences are often similar to permanent structures, can last for decades, even when the construction is over.
- Protective. Their purpose is to protect people from injury. Very often, protective and security fences are built in the form of a high fence with a visor, which helps to avoid falling building materials on the heads of passers-by. In addition, a facade mesh is also used as a means to prevent heavy objects from falling from the height of a house under construction..
By design, temporary fences are divided into rack-mount, panel and panel-rack. Panel fencing is either sparse or solid.
Important! Protective and security fences can be exclusively solid!
By design, the fences are divided into:
- Simple, no additional elements. That is, just a fence, solid or sparse.
- With additional elements. For example, canopies over a wicket, gates, sidewalk, if it is located next to the site. Railings, struts, temporary sidewalks – boardwalk paths can also act as additional elements. It is clear that the second type of construction site fencing will be significantly more expensive than the first.
You can build a temporary fence for a construction site using a variety of materials:
- Mesh fabric.
- Special signal tape.
- Wood such as old boards.
- Metal profile.
- Steel sheets.
- Metal concrete.
If we talk about the most popular options, then metal concrete is used most often in the construction of large facilities, because the installation of such a heavy, capital fence itself is already an expensive pleasure. Ordinary land owners who have started construction more often use wood, profiled sheets, light plastic sections.
If necessary, you can rent a temporary fence, which will be quickly assembled on site, and after the completion of the work will go to the new construction site. This is an inexpensive option, especially if the company offers a lease with installation and subsequent dismantling. The downside of this method is that sometimes it is difficult to say how long the construction will last, that is, the fencing lease will have to be renewed and paid extra for it.
Important! Temporary fencing can be supplemented with lighting placed on racks and special signs warning of danger.
The legislation puts forward the following requirements for temporary fences of construction sites:
- Gates for special equipment and wickets for people are required.
- The height of protective and security structures should be at least 2 meters, protective fences without visors – 1.6 meters, with visors – also 2 meters. The height of the fence of the entire work site is not less than 1.2 meters.
- Visors must be installed if the construction site is adjacent to a place of busy traffic. In this case, the angle of ascent of the visor towards the road must be at least 20 degrees.
Important! The canopy must be strong enough to withstand snow load.
- In the case of construction of a temporary walkway, the gaps in it should not exceed 5 millimeters. Sidewalk width – at least 1.2 meters.
- Rectangular fence panels should be 1.2, 1.6 or 2 meters long.
- The fence must be strong and safe enough, without snags and sharp corners.
The cost of the simplest mesh temporary fencing, installed on concrete blocks, will be about 1,500-2,500 rubles, depending on the height (the standard length is two meters) and the presence of a protective coating in the form of paint. Renting one such section will cost about 10-30 rubles per day.