How to make a ceiling from plastic panels on a loggia with your own hands? What you need to know about home construction? What material to choose for repairing the ceiling of the loggia? How to install lighting fixtures? The nuances of installing a metal profile. You will learn about this from our article..
If there are traces of movement of structural elements on the loggia of a residential building over 20 years old, there is a high probability that the deformation of the structure will continue. This means that when finishing, you should not be rigidly attached to the elements. This concerns the connection of the ceiling and floor to the walls. “Dry” (with fasteners) or “wet” (with layers of finishing) the binding will break at the slightest seasonal deformations, which will still occur. Therefore, the ceiling structure should be made independent of the walls..
This can be achieved in a simple way – by attaching a special ceiling plinth to the ceiling frame. We will consider step by step instructions for all the work..
“Zero stage”. We clean off everything that can crumble, close up cracks, cracks, holes.
1. We treat the concrete ceiling slab with deep-penetrating antifungal compounds for concrete – primers AKRIMAX-LUX and Optimist concretecontact G109 with quartz filler.
2. We mark the horizon of the ceiling using the hydraulic level. Suspended structure is mounted from galvanized CD profile on U-shaped hangers. This should be taken into account when marking.
3. Find the lowest section of the ceiling plate and set aside 30 mm (thickness of the CD profile) plus 10 mm (margin) from it. We draw a level line of the horizon of the frame. Also on the opposite wall.
4. Set aside 200 mm from each wall, put marks on the horizon.
5. Drill 6 mm holes into the crosshairs for the “quick mounting” dowel (BM).
6. Install the BM in the holes.
7. We stretch the cords between the opposite BM. We have a virtual plane in the horizon.
8. Marking the ceiling for P-suspensions. BThe hangers (and then the profile) lining to the narrow wall should be located 20–30 mm from it. RWe mark the ceiling for internal suspensions with a step of 600 mm, starting from the extreme measurements. Fastening – 2 points. PSince plastic panels are to be installed with a 3 m joint, one frame element should be installed 3 m from a narrow wall.
9. We drill holes 6 mm deep 50 mm under the BM.
10. We mount P-hangers on BM in holes.
11. Using scissors for metal, cut a CD-profile in the size of the ceiling width minus 20 mm (10 on each side).
12. Install the cut-to-size CD-profile in the hangers, adjusting it to the stretched cord. And we fix it with self-tapping “fleas”.
Attention! Check the position of the cord as often as possible in order to avoid snags and distortions and subsequently deviate from the horizon..
13. Bend a part of the mounting tape of the extreme hangers and fix it from an accessible position.
The finished frame looks like this:
Usually, when installing a ceiling made of gypsum boards or panels, a UD profile is mounted along the horizon perimeter and the CD is inserted into it. This makes alignment easier, but ties the walls to the ceiling, which is unacceptable in our case..
It is assumed that in the previous stages the wires are connected according to the diagram:
Electrification scheme: 1 – exit of wires from the apartment; 2 – terminal block WAGO 2273-245 (it is allowed to use WAGO 773-xxx); 3 – ceiling diode lamps; 4 – wall lamp
We have to deal only with the lead-in cable and its further wiring through the fixtures. To do this, you need a WAGO 2273–245 terminal block or analog.
Question.Is it possible to do without terminal blocks or adhesions and just twist the wires?
Answer.Can. In this case, the risk of a short circuit increases by 7-10 times. Considering that the connections are hidden and the ceiling will be made of flammable plastic, this can lead to sad consequences (fire).
In our case, the terminal blocks perform the function of wire routing. We put terminal blocks on each core of the input cable.
We connect the wires of the lamps to the terminal block according to the diagram.
We distribute the wires in the under-ceiling space approximately according to the location of the lamps.
Installation of plastic
As already noted, we use a special profile for the panels.
Decorative corner plugs are purchased for it..
This will make the appearance of the ceiling almost flawless at the joints, while maintaining the independence of the entire structure. Next, we mount a decorative profile with plugs around the perimeter of the ceiling, fixing it with self-tapping screws to the CD profile.
At this stage, you should clearly determine the location of the lamps and put marks on the frame. We mount the panels on the frame, fixing them on self-tapping screws “fleas”.
In the marked places we cut holes for the lamps.
After installing a panel with a number of luminaires, they should be installed, connected and tested. If this is not done, then, if problems are found after installing the panels, you will have to redo all the work.
At the junction of the panels, an H-profile should be applied.
The last panel of the plane is usually trimmed and tucked into the profile.
Attention! When trimming the last panel, remember about the profile seat – it is 15–20 mm. The width of the last panel should be so much larger in comparison with the “net” size of its visible part.
The cost of finishing the ceiling of the loggia with dimensions of 6×1 m:
Name Unit rev. Qty Unit price, rub. Cost, rub. Profile CD 60x27x0.45 m 12 20 240 U-shaped suspension PCS. 24 3 70 Dowel “quick installation” PCS. 50 1 50 Self-tapping screws “fleas” PCS. one hundred 0.3 thirty Decorative ceiling plinth run. m fourteen 50 700 Plastic panels sq. m 6 150 900 Ceiling lighting PCS. 4 200 800 Other (primers, cord, terminal blocks, etc.) – – – 200 Total material 3000 Job 1500 Total material and work 4500
Whichever material is chosen, subject to the rules for arranging an independent plane, the ceiling finish will serve you for a very long time. This wonderful rule is also true for balconies and loggias flooring..