The content of the article
- Goat milk composition
- Is there lactose
- What is different from cow
- How to drink goat milk
- Boil or not
- How much is stored in the refrigerator
- The benefits of goat milk
- During pregnancy
- For children
- For men
- For the elderly
- Goat milk treatment
- In oncology
A very useful drink is goat’s milk, which is suitable for anyone of any age to improve health and get vital protein. Adults and children drink the product raw or processed. The drink contains vitamins and minerals, more preferred for the diet due to its easy digestibility than cow.
Goat milk composition
The rich composition of milk is conducive to including the product in the diet menu. Its calorie content is only 68 calories per 100 grams. The value of the drink lies in the content of BJU: proteins in the composition of 3%, fats – 4.2%, carbohydrates – 4.5%. It is rich in minerals: potassium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium. It contains a lot of iron, copper, manganese and antioxidants, vitamins of groups B, C and A. However, if used improperly (in excessive quantities), the product can cause harm.
Is there lactose
This drink differs from cow’s one in that there is lactose in goat milk, but it is 13% less. This means that the product is suitable for people with milk sugar intolerance, but in processed form. To do this, it is better to choose food that has undergone lactic acid fermentation – cheeses, kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt. Due to the work of bacteria, lactose in them is processed into lactic acid, and halves in its content compared to the whole product.
Before use, it is important to find out what is the fat content of goat milk. She is no different from a cow. If the goat is properly looked after, given a balanced diet, the animal does not live in cramped conditions and walks regularly, then the fat content will be 4-9%. To use the product with maximum benefit, it is recommended to choose a drink with a fat content of 4.4% – it is proved that the body ensures the absorption of nutrients by 100%.
What is different from cow
The biggest difference between goat milk and cow milk is its structure. The drink obtained from the goat does not contain alpha casein, which is the main allergen of the cow, so it is easier to digest. Other product differences are:
10 g per glass, rarely found fat-free, does not contain agglutinins, fat globules do not stick together, they quickly break down in the stomach.
8-9 g per glass, it is fat-free, less linoleic and arachidonic acids, it is more difficult to digest with intestinal enzymes.
Gastric acid processes them to a soft curd clot, increasing the degree of assimilation.
Allergen protein alpha casein
More calcium, potassium
Less copper, selenium, antioxidants
More Vitamin B6, A, Niacin
More B12, Folic Acid
How to drink goat milk
To get the most out of your product, it’s important to learn how to drink it properly. Experienced goat breeders recommend consuming a drink without diluting it with water. You should start with a small portion, gradually increasing the volume to a glass. Do not be afraid of the bitter specific taste of the product – it can even appear in a cow. For sweetness, mix a glass of drink with a teaspoon of honey, it will be healthier and tastier.
Whole milk is not always well absorbed, so try switching to dairy products: yogurt, kefir, cheeses, butter. Raw milk is absorbed better than pasteurized. A drink cannot be cheap in price – it is more expensive than a cow by 20-30 rubles per liter. It is better to buy it in an online store by catalog or order from farmers at a lower cost.
Boil or not
Inexperienced housewives get lost, not knowing whether or not to boil goat milk. The answer is simple: if the goat does not get sick with anything, then the product does not require boiling. Enough storage in thoroughly washed dishes, because the drink has antibacterial properties. If the milk causes a suspicious reaction or the buyer does not know how the animal was kept, it is better to warm it to 65-70 degrees to eliminate unwanted bacteria.
How much is stored in the refrigerator
Fresh milk in the refrigerator is stored for more than a week. Such a long shelf life is ensured by a successful composition with antibacterial properties. Milk will not turn sour after three days if you put it on the table at room temperature. Doctors advise drinking a drink right away to get maximum vitamins, with a long shelf life they are destroyed.
The benefits of goat milk
People who have health problems will be able to assess how great the benefits of the product are. A unique drink is useful for diseases of the stomach, eyes, diathesis, restores bone tissue during demineralization. There are many pluses, here are just a few of them:
- regulates the normal activity of the heart and blood vessels, due to cobalt improves blood formation;
- a drink diet stimulates weight loss;
- beta-casein treats rickets, sialic acid increases the body’s barriers to resistance to infections and diseases;
- enhances hair growth, cleanses the skin, eliminates exhaustion;
- albumin excludes gastrointestinal upset;
- phospholipids, calcium, phosphorus help with tuberculosis;
- it contains cystine, which removes heavy metals, radionuclides, protects the liver and brain from damage caused by alcohol, nicotine.
It is important to include goat milk in the diet during pregnancy and lactation, because the drink eliminates the risk of allergies in infants. In addition, the drink provides the mother with calcium and vitamin B12, without which growth and proper formation of fetal organs and tissues are impossible. The product satisfies the pregnant woman’s need for phosphorus, minerals. If the lactation of the nursing woman is not established, then its inclusion in the formula for feeding becomes an invaluable alternative to maternal feeding, because its benefits are unlimited.
Already while in the womb, the benefits of goat milk for children are fully manifested, contributing to their proper growth and development. If the infant or young child is allergic to the milk protein of the cow’s drink, the goat replaces it, saturating the body with additional useful substances. The inclusion in the diet of the drink eliminates colds, ear infections, eczema, strengthens the immune system.
Children who drink milk from goats are less likely to get colds and flu, do not have gastrointestinal tract disorders, and recover faster. Schoolchildren are advised to take milk at an increased load – mental and physical. The drink increases endurance, helps athletes during intense training and training due to the content of valine, leucine and isoleucine, which restore muscle.
The recovery of muscles of athletes and not only – this is the benefit for men. Young people should drink it during exercise to increase stamina and improve metabolism. According to the recipes of traditional medicine, taking milk with walnuts and turnips eliminates problems with potency, and with butter and honey – from coughing, allergies and alcohol dependence.
For the elderly
The benefits and harms of the product for the elderly are considered separately. In order not to cause damage to the body, people after 45 years are recommended to drink only a low-fat drink. The optimal amount is in the morning twice or thrice a week in half a glass to prevent excess calcium. The product may bring the following benefits:
- restores a weakened human body after operations, returns all processes to a normal state and work;
- phospholipids prevent the deposition of cholesterol, exclude atherosclerosis and heart disease;
- potassium normalizes the rhythm of the heart, blood pressure, mineral salts remove edema in renal failure;
- the absence of glucose and galactose has a positive effect on patients with diabetes mellitus, does not allow obesity to develop, improves metabolism;
- methionine, lecithin and phosphorus treat gallstone disease, hepatitis, inhibit the deposition of fat in the liver;
- the absence of extractive substances reduces the acidity of gastric juice, inhibits the development of gastritis, peptic ulcer, treats bile ducts and the duodenum;
- the agent perfectly affects the intestinal microflora;
- phosphorus and vitamin D eliminate bone demineralization, prevent osteoporosis.
However, the harm of goat milk cannot be underestimated. No need to abuse the drink. Here are the possible risks with excessive intake:
- if you feed a child up to a year only with goat’s milk, there is a risk of acquiring iron deficiency anemia;
- contraindications are pancreatic diseases, obesity, increased blood viscosity;
- it is undesirable to take the product before meals or immediately after, so as not to weaken the effect of gastric juice – it is better to wait a couple of hours.
Goat milk treatment
The daily intake of a glass of product is the treatment of diseases, but this rule is valid only up to 40 years. After reaching this age, it is better to reduce the amount of the drink to half a glass and take it in a day. The healing properties can be described as follows:
- eliminates gastrointestinal diseases, metabolic dysfunction, diseases of the respiratory tract, thyroid gland, nervous system;
- helps the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system;
- treats tuberculosis, allergies, asthma, eczema, insomnia;
- used for the prevention of tumors, oncology;
- relieves the severity of radiation exposure;
- removes stones from the gall bladder, resolves cysts, fibromas, treats epilepsy in children.
Continuous consumption of the drink has a prophylactic effect against the threat of cancer. The product helps with oncology, because it has antibiotic properties, is able to resolve a benign tumor with regular use, and prevent it from degenerating into a malignant one. The drink is well absorbed, improves immunity, has a general strengthening effect..