The content of the article
- How to make seaweed salad
- Dried seaweed
- How to cook seaweed
- Seaweed Salad – Recipe
- With egg
- With crab sticks
- With green peas
- In Korean
- With fresh cucumber
- Canned seaweed
- Far Eastern salad
- From frozen seaweed
- With squid
- With corn
- Delicious seaweed salad – cooking secrets
One of the healthiest seafood is kelp. This seaweed was the first to be used by the Chinese, and it was not only eaten, but also prepared from it. The benefits of seaweed are undeniable: it contains almost the entire list of elements of the periodic table. It is necessary to include the product in your diet as often as possible..
How to make seaweed salad
Laminaria grows exclusively in pure water, therefore it is a completely ecological product. The most useful is seaweed, growing in the Barents and Japanese seas. You can cook seaweed dishes all year round, as the product is available in stores in any season. It is especially important to include kelp in your menu in winter, when there is an increased need for vitamins. How to make seaweed salad? There are many recipes for preparing this dish, so anyone can choose the best option for themselves.
A dehydrated product does not lose its beneficial properties, since all vitamins and minerals, including iodine, remain in the composition of algae. Dried cabbage is sold in sealed containers, so it can be stored for a long time. However, eating a dry product is unpleasant and tasteless. Dried kelp before use must be properly processed. How to cook seaweed from dry:
- fill the product with cool water so that the liquid completely covers the cabbage, for 3-8 hours;
- then drain the water, move the moist, swollen kelp into a sieve, rinse it with running water several times, slightly squeeze the plant;
- with a sharp knife or scissors, cut the seaweed into pieces suitable for the salad in size.
How to cook seaweed
It makes no sense to heat-treat kelp, as this will destroy most of the valuable substances that make up it. In addition, seaweed is sold ready to eat, unless you have purchased an ice cream product. How to cook frozen seaweed? Before subjecting the algae to heat treatment, it should be prepared. How does the process of preparing the plant:
- cabbage is poured with water, leaving until it melts;
- the product is thoroughly washed with water, placed in a pan with water, brought to a boil and continue cooking for another 10 minutes;
- kelp is thrown into a colander, washed with running water, again put it to boil;
- after boiling, 10 minutes should pass, after which the procedure is repeated twice with washing and boiling (the finished seaweed should turn out soft).
Seaweed Salad – Recipe
You can diversify your daily diet in different ways, adding new meat dishes, soups, serving food with unusual sauces. To fill your family’s menu with vitamins and valuable minerals, include salads with seaweed. On the occasion of the holidays, this product can be supplemented with more exotic ingredients such as shrimp, mussels, red fish, caviar. Below are recipes with photos of the most delicious snacks with kelp, which are simply and quickly cooked at home.
Fast, delicious, incredibly healthy – this is how you can describe a salad with seaweed and egg. It is prepared in a matter of minutes, requires a minimum amount of ingredients and perfectly complements any side dishes, fish and meat dishes. Such an appetizer can be eaten without fear even for those who follow diets, since its calorie content is extremely low (100 grams of the finished product contain only 62 calories). Below in detail and with a photo it is described how to prepare a salad for weight loss.
- boiled eggs – 3 pcs.;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l .;
- fresh seaweed – 0.3 kg;
- green onions.
- Cut feathers of onions into thin rings.
- Transfer the algae from the packaging to the salad bowl, add the onion here.
- Finely chop the peeled eggs, pour to the remaining ingredients.
- Season the salad with oil, if necessary, salt and serve.
With crab sticks
Such a light, healthy salad is combined with any dishes: from all kinds of soups, to boiled, fried or baked potatoes, any cereals, meat, poultry, fish, seafood. The calorie content of the snack is only 85 kcal, so it is suitable even for weight loss. Seaweed salad with crab sticks is prepared in five minutes. To achieve excellent tastes, you need to choose fresh crab sticks.
- hard-boiled eggs – 4 pcs.;
- mayonnaise / sour cream;
- crab sticks – 1 pack (250 g);
- bulbs -? PC.;
- kelp – 0.3 kg.
- Rinse the algae by placing in a sieve / colander. Cut them into small strips.
- Chop the peeled eggs in small cubes, onions in half rings.
- Combine the prepared foods with slices of crab sticks, dress with mayonnaise.
- If you wish, you can refresh the salad with canned corn.
With green peas
Before preparing a dish, you should choose high-quality and fresh products. Laminaria can be purchased in one of two types – canned (packaged) or by weight. It is advisable to give preference to the second type, since canned foods contain a large number of spices, which will be superfluous in the snack. The recipe for salad with seaweed and peas is described in detail below and with a photo.
- green peas – 1 b.;
- sea cabbage – 0.3 kg;
- boiled eggs – 3 pcs.;
- pickled / pickled large cucumber;
- Eggs should be cut into cubes (not too small).
- Finely chop the laminaria, cut the pickled cucumber into small cubes or rub it.
- Mix the ingredients with peas after you pour the marinade from the jar.
- Season the appetizer, add a little mayonnaise, thoroughly, but gently mix the salad. Top you can decorate it with dill.
There are a large variety of delicious seaweed dishes in Korean cuisine, one of which is suggested below. Laminaria does not have a pungent smell or taste, so few people love it. Nevertheless, if you pickle the product, adding garlic and spices to it, you get a very aromatic and spicy Korean seaweed salad in Korean. This appetizer is not only tasty, but also healthy, so it is ideal for home dinners. How to make a Korean salad?
- soy sauce – 3 tbsp. l .;
- garlic cloves – 4 pcs.;
- dried sea cabbage – 100 g;
- sesame seeds – 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l .;
- coriander -? Art. l .;
- chili pepper – 1 pc..
- Rinse laminaria, fill with water, leave overnight.
- Rinse the plant again in the morning, drop it in a colander.
- Put the seaweed in a pan greased with oil, add soy sauce. It takes at least 5 minutes to cook the product.
- Sell the garlic, mix with chopped chili, add to the pan along with other seasonings, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- When the Korean salad has cooled, put the fried dish in a suitable plate, add a couple of tablespoons of pouring from the pan and serve.
With fresh cucumber
Laminaria is considered very useful, thanks to a set of micronutrients and vitamins contained in it. In Asian countries, the leaves of this seaweed are consumed daily in a different form and as part of various dishes. The plant is dried, dried, salted and can even be frozen to extend preservation and export. To prepare a fresh vitamin snack from kelp, cucumbers are often added to the composition of the dish. Below is described in detail how to cook a salad with seaweed and fresh cucumber..
- kelp – 0.2 kg;
- white cabbage – 0.3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper – 1 pc.;
- fresh cucumber;
- refined oil – 4 tbsp. l .;
- green onion – 50 g.
- Chop cabbage finely, grind with salt.
- Grind bell peppers in small sticks, chop green onion with ringlets.
- Mix the ingredients by adding seaweed and slices of fresh cucumber.
- Season the appetizer, season with butter.
Canned algae is very tasty, so many serve it as an independent dish. However, in combination with other ingredients, it only improves its palatability. Canned seaweed makes any dish useful, and the one described below is doubly useful, because it contains not only a large amount of vitamins, but also proteins and other valuable substances. How to make a snack?
- hard-boiled eggs – 4 pcs.;
- beef – 0.2 kg;
- canned algae – 100 g;
- large carrots;
- potatoes – 4 pcs..
- Rub carrots, finely chop eggs.
- Boil potatoes without peeling. When it cools, free from the skin, cut into small cubes.
- Disassemble the beef into smaller fibers.
- Mix all the ingredients in one salad bowl, season, fill with mayonnaise.
Far Eastern salad
The key ingredient in the dish is kelp – edible kelp from the brown class. Its regular use improves intestinal function, lowers cholesterol, prevents blood clots, positively affects the nervous system, and normalizes the water-mole balance. Far Eastern seaweed salad is not only good, but also has a wonderful spicy taste. The calorie content of this salad is only about 50 kcal.
- vinegar – 2 tbsp. l .;
- kelp – 0.3 kg;
- sugar – 1 tsp;
- allspice – 3 pcs.;
- Bay leaf;
- vegetable oil.
- Boil the algae in a large amount of water, adding salt, pepper, bay leaf, 1 tbsp. To the liquid. l vinegar.
- Chop the onion with thin half rings, pour over it with boiling water.
- Add the vegetable to the strained cabbage, season the salad with sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil.
- When the snack is infused for a couple of hours, treat it to your relatives.
From frozen seaweed
This delicious, incredibly healthy snack can be served not only on a regular table, but also on a festive table. It is not difficult to prepare a salad of frozen seaweed, you just need to marinate the main ingredient and chop the minor ones. To algae well soaked in spices, the component must be kept in them for at least 5 hours. Such a vegetable salad is perfect for weight loss..
- pickled mushrooms – 0.2 kg;
- potatoes – 2 pcs.;
- beets – 0.2 kg;
- lemon acid – ? tsp;
- frozen seaweed – 0.25 kg;
- white cabbage – 150 g;
- vinegar – 1 tbsp. l .;
- pickled cucumbers – 2 pcs..
- Defrost algae, rinse them, boil with the addition of citric acid, salt. This will take about 15 minutes (5 minutes before boiling and 10 after).
- Boil the remaining vegetables separately, except for cabbage (chop it raw). Grind them with pickled cucumbers and mushrooms.
- Combine the ingredients in a salad bowl, pour the products with oil, vinegar, season.
- When the salad is infused for at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator, serve it with fresh herbs.
This is a very light, nutritious meal that is ideal for a day snack or as a light dinner. In addition to excellent taste, the snack is of great benefit because it contains a lot of iodine and other valuable substances. Culinary experts advise serving a salad with rye toast or hot cheese sandwiches. How to cook squid salad with squid?
- canned corn – 100 g;
- fresh / canned sea cabbage – 150 g;
- boiled eggs – 2 pcs.;
- squid – 200 g.
- If after the purchase you decide to freeze the squids, then before cooking, they should be thawed in the refrigerator (it will take 8-10 hours).
- Scale the carcasses with boiling water – this will help to remove the skin easier. With a knife, pry off the film and remove it from each squid, remove the chord, insides.
- Boil the squid in salted water, allowing to boil for 3-4 minutes. After they should be cooled and cut into thin rings.
- Laminaria cut, making it less long.
- Rub the eggs on a fine grater.
- Mix the ingredients, add strained corn, season the appetizer with mayonnaise, add salt.
Such a salad turns out to be fresh, piquant, in addition, it is extremely simple to cook. The set of components listed below helps to soften the peculiar taste of seaweed, which few people like to eat in their pure form. Salad with seaweed and corn will be especially useful for women, since the main ingredient prevents the development of breast diseases. In addition, people with hypertension and cardiac ischemia should include a dish in their diet..
- hard-boiled eggs – 5 pcs.;
- corn – 1 b.;
- crab sticks – 0.2 kg;
- kelp – 0.2 kg;
- mayonnaise / sour cream – 3 tbsp. l.
- Divide the long algae into shorter strips.
- Crab sticks, like eggs, should be cut into small cubes.
- Put the food in a salad bowl, add the corn, season with mayonnaise / sour cream. Having decorated a salad with greens, you can treat them to your relatives.
Delicious seaweed salad – cooking secrets
You can combine kelp with refined seafood, as well as with the usual, everyday components for us. To prepare a salad with seaweed, you do not need to be an experienced chef, however, certain secrets can still be considered:
- if you want to make a seafood appetizer, you can combine seaweed with any fish – salted herring, smoked mackerel and even canned food such as tuna or sprat;
- dry seaweed salad requires more cooking time, since the main ingredient must be pre-filled with water;
- to make “spaghetti” out of large kelp leaves, cut the seaweed into 20 cm slices, then roll each roll and roll into thin strips;
- You can fill the appetizer with any sauces, including homemade / purchased mayonnaise, sour cream, fat yogurt, lemon juice, vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, etc .;
- store the prepared salad in the refrigerator for no longer than 4-6 days.
Find out what seaweed is good for..