The content of the article
- Heat treatment methods
- Soda and soap
- Vegetable oil
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Stain removers
This molding material is made from wax, clay, rubber, fats and various synthetic substances. Children use it to create crafts, and often after such creative activities on clothing remain stubborn stains. There are several proven tools to help remove plasticine from things on your own..
Heat treatment methods
First you need to remove the bulk of the substance with the blunt side of a knife or a spatula. After, in order to remove traces of plasticine from clothes, it is recommended to heat or freeze plasticine. When frozen, paraffin and other substances in the composition of plasticine harden, as a result of which its sticky properties are reduced, so the material is easier to separate from the fibers of clothing. To clear plasticine traces on textiles, you can use the following methods:
- pack the item in a plastic bag and place in the freezer for 1-1.5 hours;
- place a metal bowl with ice on the stain, wait 10 minutes;
- attach a bag of ice cubes to the contaminated area and hold until it begins to melt;
- spray aerosol on a dirty area to cool microcircuits or an anesthetic spray used for injuries.
After freezing, the hardened material is gently kneaded, breaking into small pieces, and the residues are removed with a spatula or brush with a hard pile. In this case, you can not rub the stain intensively, otherwise it will soften and go deeper into the tissue. You can also clean plasticine marks from clothes with an iron. This method is suitable for dense fabrics. The action algorithm will be as follows:
- put a paper towel under the stain, another on top of it;
- turn on the low temperature mode on the iron;
- gently iron the napkin several times (during warming, plasticine should remain on it);
- change paper as it gets dirty.
Soda and soap
Laundry soap takes up the bulk of the work, and soda perfectly complements it, increasing efficiency. The proposed method helps to clear plasticine from any type of tissue. You must do the following:
- fill a suitable container with warm water, dissolving in it 100 g of laundry soap, previously grated;
- soak the dirty thing in the solution for an hour;
- gently brush the place of contamination with a brush, while removing plasticine lumps from the pile;
- combine soda (2 tbsp. l.) with water (1 tbsp. l.) to make a thick slurry;
- rub the resulting composition into the stain for 2-3 minutes, rinse with water.
This method is suitable for any tissue and is considered one of the most effective in the fight against sticky spots. To remove plasticine from clothing, you must:
- moisten a cotton swab with oil;
- wipe the place of contamination with them (do it within 2 minutes);
- after the reaction of the oil with fats in the composition of plasticine, the stain will dissolve;
- the remaining greasy trace should be treated with dishwashing detergent and left for an hour;
- rinse clothes with water.
This drug can easily cope with sticky spots on natural tissues. When using ammonia, it is necessary to ventilate the room. Dry clothes after the procedure should be in the fresh air. A great way to clear plasticine from things:
- mix 10 drops of the product with 200 ml of water;
- moisten a cotton pad in the solution and wipe the dirt with it until completely cleansed;
- rinse the item under running water;
- wash with powder in a typewriter or hands.
With extensive contamination, it is better to prepare several liters of the solution (in proportions 1:20) and soak the thing for half an hour. Then the stain should be easily rubbed, rinsed and washed.
Today, the substance is sold in purified form, so you can not worry about the need to remove a pungent odor from clothing. Kerosene should be used with extreme caution, since it can corrode the paint and texture of delicate fabrics. An effective way to clean plasticine stains:
- place the stained product on a table or any other hard surface;
- soak a cotton swab with kerosene, wring it out, apply to the stain for 8-10 minutes (5 minutes is enough for delicate tissue);
- clean the rest of the substance with dry wipes by repeated application;
- wipe the cleaned area with a slice of lemon and wash your clothes in the usual way.
This method of cleaning plasticine is suitable exclusively for cotton items. Do not use alcohol for other materials, as this will ruin them. To clean a sticky stain, you need:
- place damaged clothing on a hard surface;
- moisten the place of contamination with a few drops of alcohol;
- after a minute, wash off the remaining alcohol from the item;
- immediately wash the product.
Isopropyl alcohol is a flammable substance, any interaction with it must take place subject to safety rules. Work with the liquid and store it away from open flames and sources of high temperatures. Alcohol quickly evaporates, mixing with air, and at high concentrations forms an explosive composition, so work with the substance should be carried out in well-ventilated areas. Also, wear gloves – with prolonged contact with the skin, alcohol can cause chemical burns..
Special chemicals to remove different stains are a great way to clean clay from clothes if the above recipes do not help. To remove the oily blot left by plasticine, stain removers are used as follows:
- moisten the place of pollution with warm water;
- in a small container, dilute the stain remover, following the instructions on the package (for each product, the proportions are different);
- pour the finished composition on a dirty area and leave for 20 minutes;
- put clothes in the washing machine, add another portion of stain remover there and start washing.