The content of the article
- General recommendations
- Cleaning products
- From pollution
- For shine and radiance
- Crystal Chandelier Cleaning
- Use dishwasher
It is possible to wash crystal at home qualitatively so that it shines, using professional and folk methods. Crystal items are washed manually or using a dishwasher. Cleaning products can clean various types of dirt..
Crystal is an extremely fragile material, therefore, products from it require compliance with special care rules. General recommendations for washing crystal dishes:
- First remove dust with a dry cloth, otherwise after washing you run the risk of getting not shine, but cloudy streaks on dishes.
- Avoid sudden changes in temperature, this can lead to cracking..
- The optimum temperature for washing is up to 35 ° C; from too cold or hot water, the glassware fades.
- Discard the powders; their abrasive particles may leave scratches after washing..
- Clean your crystal glassware after putting on cotton gloves to avoid leaving traces of sebum on the surface..
- To wash products on a thin leg, hold them by the bottom.
- Be sure to wipe the item dry with a soft cloth after washing..
- Wash with lint-free, microfiber cloths, use woolen sections to rub to a shine.
- To make the crystal shine dazzlingly, rub it with a paper towel or napkins.
Glass cleaners, glass detergents, detergents for dishes are suitable for washing glass. Tips for using them:
- Soft glass and mirror cleaners. It is important to buy liquid solutions, not powders, the latter can leave scuffs and scratches due to the abrasive texture. The products for cleaning glass and mirrors are often based on alcohol, which copes with dirt and gives the dishes a shine. Funds are available in the form of a spray with a convenient spray. Popular brands – Clin and Mr. Muscle.
- Crystal dishes can be washed with an ordinary dishwashing detergent and a soft brush. Gels such as Frosch, Eared Nyan, Fairy and Myth cope well with pollution. Pour warm water into a plastic basin, add a little detergent, slightly foam. Lay a towel or other soft cloth on the bottom, and fold the dishes. Walk with a brush, not ignoring the hollows and grooves.
High-quality cleaning of crystal at home to a shine is made depending on the type of contamination:
Type of pollution
Whitish plaque from hard water
Prepare a mildly acidic solution with acetic, citric or oxalic acid in a ratio of 1: 3. In this composition, wash the crystal from plaque to shine, while you can help yourself with a sponge or a soft brush.
Narrow-necked vase on the bottom
Limescale, wine stains
Coca-Cola will help to cope with these pollution:
Traces of “blooming” water inside a crystal vase (green bloom)
As a rule, this type of plaque is found on carved, grooved surfaces, from which it is difficult to remove sebum and other types of fat. You can get rid of it like this:
For shine and radiance
For a beautiful shine and shine, you can choose one effective tool for cleaning crystal from the following:
- Vinegar. Dilute in a glass of water 2 tbsp. l vinegar. Hold the crystal in the prepared solution for a while. After rubbing the product with a woolen section to a shine.
- Alcohol. Moisten a paper towel with alcohol, wipe the dishes with it, then dry well, wipe with a dry shine cloth.
- Ammonia. Dilute in water a solution of ammonia in a ratio of 1: 3. Soak the crystal in this liquid, then dry and rub to a shine.
Crystal Chandelier Cleaning
Over time, dust settles on the crystal chandelier, plafonds and pendants begin to cloud or become yellow, the luster disappears. First you need to dry clean with a duster brush with an antistatic effect or with a regular paint brush.
Next, wet cleaning is required. Options for washing the chandelier with removable and non-removable parts:
- Remove shades and pendants, wash in a solution with detergent for dishes, rinse with acetic water. Wipe all parts thoroughly. Use lint-free gloves to prevent fingerprints and a characteristic shine.
- If the chandelier cannot be disassembled, then it can be cleaned by weight. Prepare a solution with ammonia, dip the pendants in it, wipe. There is an alternative way: put on a cotton glove, moisten your fingers in the solution and go through each detail to a shine.
If the crystal chandelier is very dirty, then in no case use soap. From it remains a greasy coating on the surface, from which the pendants must crack under severe glow.
There is a dishwasher with different functions. Manufacturers do not recommend using them for washing crystal, although in some models with a delicate regime, this can be done without the risk of damage to the products. Often after a dishwasher there is a clouding of crystal due to a sharp temperature difference.
Before washing in a dishwasher, make sure that the dishes do not contain lead – when in contact with detergent, a chemical reaction will occur that will ruin the appearance of the crystal. If barium is present in it, then you can not be afraid for the result.
An important point is the choice of detergent. Use 3 in 1 tablets or a special powder for crystal products. In the dishwasher, home crystal care is done according to the following rules:
- if there is no special regime for crystal, put the dishwasher on a short cycle;
- set a moderate water temperature – 40 ° C;
- avoid washing their crystal products with aluminum, copper or silver, they leave a yellowish coating;
- if your area has high water hardness, use regenerating salt for dishwashers;
- gilded products should never be left in the car, otherwise the gilding will be erased.